Search NoVa Caps Site
- Big Night For Big John: John Carlson Records 400th Career Assist in 800th Career Game
- Red Wings’ Jakub Vrana On Trade From Capitals: “I Was Kind Of Shocked But At The Same Time, It’s A Great Opportunity I’m Looking Forward To”
- Grading Each East Division Team’s Trade Deadline
- Capitals Sign Conor Sheary To Two-Year Contract Extension Worth $3 Million
- Vitek Vanecek and Ilya Samsonov: Who Is The Capitals’ Number One Netminder?
- Swede Milestone: Nicklas Backstrom Passes Daniel Alfredsson For Fourth-Most Assists By A Swedish-born Player
- Shear(y) Madness: Conor Sheary Records Three Points in 6-1 Victory Over Flyers
- Capitals Pound Flyers, 6-1; Anthony Mantha Scores In Capitals Debut
- That Didn’t Take Long! Anthony Records First Point, Scores First Goal In Capitals Debut
- Capitals’ Families Return to Capital One Arena Ahead of Tuesday’s Game Against Flyers
Tag Archives: Scott Murray
Placing goaltender Pheonix Copley on waivers earlier in the week made it clear that 2015 top pick Ilya Samsonov would be the new understudy for starter Braden Holtby to start the 2019-20 season. In just his second season in North America, the … Continue reading
Follow along and enjoy all the coverage of the teams’ “days with the cup”. We will continuously update this post as more celebrations occur, until the Capitals relinquish the Stanley Cup. Note: You can always access this post, or any … Continue reading
Photo: @mikeharrisjrpc After spending the day with Braden Holtby in Marshall, Saskatchewan on Monday, Brett Leonhardt in New Hamburg, Ontario on Thursday and Brock Myles in Chesley, Ontario, on Friday, the Stanley Cup moved to the small village of St. Clements, Ontario, on Saturday for … Continue reading
Screen cap: NBC Sports Washington General Manager Brian MacLellan and the Washington Capitals officially introduced Todd Reirden as their next head coach on Tuesday. Reirden, 47, was named the 18th head coach in franchise history on June 29 and only … Continue reading
News and Notes from Wednesday’s Optional Practice at Kettler: Update on Kuzy and a Surprise Guest at Goalie
The Washington Capitals lifted a huge monkey off their backs on Tuesday night by defeating the Dallas Stars on home ice for the first time since Nov. 2006. Their win along with the Penguins loss to the Islanders has put … Continue reading
Photo by Patrick Smith/Getty Images After a week off to reset before making a playoff push, Braden Holtby earned a nice bounce-back performance in a 6-3 victory against the New York Islanders, his 30th of the season.
The Washington Capitals have named Mitch Korn the team’s director of goaltending and promoted Scott Murray to goaltending coach, senior vice president and general manager Brian MacLellan announced today.
Photos: Tori Hartman When the Capitals hired goaltending guru Mitch Korn in 2014, they did so knowing that it would not be for the long-term. Now, with the 60-year old Korn taking on a different role within the organization, the … Continue reading