Search NoVa Caps Site
- The Mad Scramble To Find Ice Time For Capitals Prospects Continues
- Capitals’ Lars Eller & Wife Welcome Baby Alexander; Eller Returned to Toronto For Quarantine Per NHL Protocol
- Boston @ Washington Preview: Capitals And Bruins Set To Determine Third Place In East In Round-Robin Finale
- NHL Announces Start Time And Broadcast Networks For Capitals-Bruins On Sunday
- Analytical Preview For Capitals’ Round Robin Matchup Against the Boston Bruins
- A Bear of a Rivalry Brewin’: Stanley Cup Playoff History Between the Washington Capitals and Boston Bruins
- Ratings For The NHL Return Are Up…A Little Bit
- Hershey Bears Re-Sign Matt Moulson
- Nicklas Backstrom Misses Practice; Braden Holtby To Start Against Bruins; Lars Eller Still In D.C.
- A Look At The Capitals’ Three Possible First Round Matchups
Tag Archives: Rules
The Washington Capitals will be shorthanded for the next 3 games, as forward Tom Wilson was handed a 3-game suspension from the NHL’s Department of Player Safety on Wednesday evening. The suspension was praised by Penguins fans, and it left … Continue reading
After significant delay, the NHL has decided to begin rolling out the new goalie gear. Rather than wait until next season, the NHL has decided to begin gradual rollout in mid-season, raising an eye-brow for many.
While it’s just past Christmas, there is already talk of who’s in and out of the playoffs. By this point, it’s clear which teams will be in prime position to make a cup run, and which ones are already out … Continue reading
Summer is almost over and school is about to be back in session, but this is no back-to-school lecture. Soon, instead of saying “back to school” we’ll be saying “back to hockey”. Today’s lesson is about the offsides rule. Hopefully … Continue reading
Photo: Getty Images Fighting and concussions in the game of hockey continue to be at the forefront of summertime discussions. This week one league stepped up its own fight against fighting, while NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman continued to draw criticism … Continue reading
At their annual meeting held in Boca Raton, Florida this past March, NHL General Managers agreed that goaltending equipment needed to become smaller, and thus initiated a plan to implement new streamlined equipment and tighter uniforms in time for the 2016-2017 … Continue reading
AP Photo/Pablo Martinez Monsivais Last September NoVa Caps conducted a poll of its readers to get a sense of how Caps fans felt about the new 3-on-3 overtime format. Let’s just say the results were less than favorable for the … Continue reading
Class is in session. Today we are going to talk about boarding, charging, and what a clean hit is.
In Tuesday night’s game against the Carolina Hurricanes, Caps fans were bringing down the house when team captain Alex Ovechkin punched the game winning goal into the net for the win that clinched their berth in the 2016 Stanley Cup … Continue reading
I’m a homer and I won’t pretend to be otherwise. That said, we’ve seen the coaches challenge used four times this season and the Caps are losing at a 75% clip.