Search NoVa Caps Site
- Capitals’ Richard Panik, Jonas Seigenthaler Leave Second Period Of Wednesday’s 4-3 Win Over Maple Leafs Following Collision
- Capitals Hold off Late Maple Leafs Rally, Win 4-3
- Marlies Beat Bears 4-3; Axel Jonsson-Fjallby Scores Two Goals
- John Carlson Passes Sergei Gonchar on the Capitals’ All-Time Scoring List for Defensemen, Now Fourth All-Time
- Cause for Concern? Is Braden Holtby’s Slow Start a Career Trend, Or An Aberration?
- Maple Leafs at Capitals Pregame Notebook: Michal Kempny Not Ready To Return Yet; Ilya Samsonov Starts
- Capitals To Start Ilya Samsonov vs. Maple Leafs On Wednesday Night
- Reliving the Avalanche First Period Massacre: The Capitals Are Too Loose Defensively
- Sweet Kill: An Interview With Beck Malenstyn, A Key Part Of The Hershey Bears Stellar Penalty Kill
- Toronto at Washington Preview: Capitals Meet Maple Leafs On Wednesday Night
Tag Archives: Rules
The Washington Capitals will be shorthanded for the next 3 games, as forward Tom Wilson was handed a 3-game suspension from the NHL’s Department of Player Safety on Wednesday evening. The suspension was praised by Penguins fans, and it left … Continue reading
After significant delay, the NHL has decided to begin rolling out the new goalie gear. Rather than wait until next season, the NHL has decided to begin gradual rollout in mid-season, raising an eye-brow for many.
While it’s just past Christmas, there is already talk of who’s in and out of the playoffs. By this point, it’s clear which teams will be in prime position to make a cup run, and which ones are already out … Continue reading
Summer is almost over and school is about to be back in session, but this is no back-to-school lecture. Soon, instead of saying “back to school” we’ll be saying “back to hockey”. Today’s lesson is about the offsides rule. Hopefully … Continue reading
Photo: Getty Images Fighting and concussions in the game of hockey continue to be at the forefront of summertime discussions. This week one league stepped up its own fight against fighting, while NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman continued to draw criticism … Continue reading
At their annual meeting held in Boca Raton, Florida this past March, NHL General Managers agreed that goaltending equipment needed to become smaller, and thus initiated a plan to implement new streamlined equipment and tighter uniforms in time for the 2016-2017 … Continue reading
AP Photo/Pablo Martinez Monsivais Last September NoVa Caps conducted a poll of its readers to get a sense of how Caps fans felt about the new 3-on-3 overtime format. Let’s just say the results were less than favorable for the … Continue reading
Class is in session. Today we are going to talk about boarding, charging, and what a clean hit is.
In Tuesday night’s game against the Carolina Hurricanes, Caps fans were bringing down the house when team captain Alex Ovechkin punched the game winning goal into the net for the win that clinched their berth in the 2016 Stanley Cup … Continue reading
I’m a homer and I won’t pretend to be otherwise. That said, we’ve seen the coaches challenge used four times this season and the Caps are losing at a 75% clip.