Search NoVa Caps Site
- NHL Arenas to Show Support For Healthcare Workers Tonight at 8PM
- Northern California Official Doesn’t Expect “Any Sports Games Until at Least Thanksgiving”
- Grading the Capitals’ Forwards for the 2019-2020 Season (So Far)
- Capitals’ Nick Jensen: “When You End The Season Short Like That, It’s Just Kind Of All For Nothing.”
- Final Pre-Draft Prospect Rankings From NHL Central Scouting
- Capitals’ John Carlson If or When the NHL Resumes Play: “It Will Definitely Feel Like A New Season, Almost”
- Florence Schelling Named General Manager of SC Bern
- Nic and Paige Dowd Announce Dowd’s Crowd Logo Design Contest in Honor of Autism Awareness Month
- Aliaksei Protas Named to WHL Eastern Conference First All-Star Team
- Commissioner Bettman Says NHL Still a Few Weeks Away From Deciding on Season
Tag Archives: Rules
The Washington Capitals will be shorthanded for the next 3 games, as forward Tom Wilson was handed a 3-game suspension from the NHL’s Department of Player Safety on Wednesday evening. The suspension was praised by Penguins fans, and it left … Continue reading
After significant delay, the NHL has decided to begin rolling out the new goalie gear. Rather than wait until next season, the NHL has decided to begin gradual rollout in mid-season, raising an eye-brow for many.
While it’s just past Christmas, there is already talk of who’s in and out of the playoffs. By this point, it’s clear which teams will be in prime position to make a cup run, and which ones are already out … Continue reading
Summer is almost over and school is about to be back in session, but this is no back-to-school lecture. Soon, instead of saying “back to school” we’ll be saying “back to hockey”. Today’s lesson is about the offsides rule. Hopefully … Continue reading
Photo: Getty Images Fighting and concussions in the game of hockey continue to be at the forefront of summertime discussions. This week one league stepped up its own fight against fighting, while NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman continued to draw criticism … Continue reading
At their annual meeting held in Boca Raton, Florida this past March, NHL General Managers agreed that goaltending equipment needed to become smaller, and thus initiated a plan to implement new streamlined equipment and tighter uniforms in time for the 2016-2017 … Continue reading
AP Photo/Pablo Martinez Monsivais Last September NoVa Caps conducted a poll of its readers to get a sense of how Caps fans felt about the new 3-on-3 overtime format. Let’s just say the results were less than favorable for the … Continue reading
Class is in session. Today we are going to talk about boarding, charging, and what a clean hit is.
In Tuesday night’s game against the Carolina Hurricanes, Caps fans were bringing down the house when team captain Alex Ovechkin punched the game winning goal into the net for the win that clinched their berth in the 2016 Stanley Cup … Continue reading
I’m a homer and I won’t pretend to be otherwise. That said, we’ve seen the coaches challenge used four times this season and the Caps are losing at a 75% clip.