Search NoVa Caps Site
- Capitals Re-sign Carl Hagelin
- “We Could Have Had…?!”: Washington Capitals Draft Day Regrets – 2000 Through 2010
- A Retrospective On The Last Decade of Draft Picks by the Washington Capitals
- On the Clock at 25: Who Could the Capitals Pick With This Selection at the 2019 NHL Draft?
- Report: Capitals Are “In Total ‘Go For It’ Mode”
- Thank You Nisky!: A Tribute to Matt Niskanen
- A Deeper Dive Into The Capitals’ Latest Acquisition, Radko Gudas
- Capitals Acquire Radko Gudas From Flyers In Exchange For Matt Niskanen
- Capitals Announce Fan Activities During Development Camp
- Blues Beat Bruins, 4-1, In Game 7 To Win Stanley Cup For First Time In Franchise History
Tag Archives: Roster Moves
Building From Within: A Look At How the Capitals Can Ensure A Deep Prospect Pool Ahead of the Seattle Expansion Draft
The Capitals have a problem that many contending and Stanley Cup-winning teams have had: limited prospects in the minors that have potential to contribute at the NHL level. The Caps and a vast majority of the fan base would absolutely … Continue reading
“We Like What They Bring to Our Lineup”: General Manager Brian MacLellan on Capitals’ Trades, Expectations For Andre Burakovsky, DSP, and More
On an NHL Trade Deadline Day that saw the Capitals go without making a move, Capitals General Manager Brian MacLellan met with the media shortly after the 3:00 P.M. deadline to discuss the team’s acquisitions of Carl Hagelin and Nick … Continue reading
Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images As the old saying goes, “If you can’t beat em’, join em’.” Well, it isn’t exactly like that, but the Washington Capitals got tired of playing against Carl Hagelin almost every playoffs the last eight years and … Continue reading
Photo: @Capitals For the past few months, the Capitals’ defensive corps has remained largely the same, with only the return of veteran Brooks Orpik from and loss of young rearguard Christian Djoos to injury, as well as the insertion of … Continue reading
Report: Sergei Shumakov Refused to Practice, Told Capitals He Was Leaving Prior to Placement on Waivers
Photo: Tori Hartman [Updated: 12/09/2018, 2:15 AM] Yesterday (Friday), it was reported that the Capitals had placed offseason signing Sergei Shumakov on unconditional waivers, with the intention to terminate his contract. Given his struggle to adapt to the North American … Continue reading
Capitals Recall Aaron Ness From Hershey, Send Travis Boyd To Hershey on Conditioning Stint; Bears Recall Parker Milner from South Carolina
Photo: NHL.com The Washington Capitals recalled defenseman Aaron Ness from the AHL’s Hershey Bears while the Bears recalled goaltender Parker Milner from the ECHL’s South Carolina Stingrays, the teams announced on Wednesday evening.
Photo: Tori Hartman Projecting the Hershey Bears’ Opening Night roster is not an easy task. There are still moving parts with players still in attendance of the Washington Capitals’ training camp. Another factor that can affect the lineup is a … Continue reading
The Washington Capitals made their third round of roster cuts on Wednesday afternoon.