Search NoVa Caps Site
- Capitals’ Nic Dowd Says Michael Peca Has Helped “A Lot” With Faceoffs
- Laviolette Changes Capitals’ Lines And Power Play Unit; Vanecek Will Start Tonight: News From Morning Skate
- Herald, The Henderson Town Crier, Announces Goals For Silver Knights
- Historic Clinching: Retro Recap – Washington Capitals at Calgary Flames – February 24, 1983
- Bears Fall To Penguins, 4-2; Ilya Samsonov Stops 15 of 19 Shots
- Thursday’s Golden Knights-Sharks Game In San Jose Postponed After Tomas Hertl Enters COVID-19 Protocol
- Canadiens Fire Head Coach Claude Julien, Associate Kirk Muller; Give Dominique Ducharme Job On Interim Basis
- Capitals Hold Optional Skate On Wednesday
- Flyers-Bruins At Lake Tahoe Is Most-Watched NHL Regular-Season Game In NBCSN History
- Ilya Samsonov Re-assigned To Hershey Bears
Tag Archives: Ross Mahoney
Capitals’ Assistant GM Ross Mahoney on Next Week’s Virtual NHL Draft: “We Will Take The Best Players Available To Us, Regardless Of Position”
Photo: Bruce Bennett/Getty Images Wednesday morning, Washington Capitals assistant general manager Ross Mahoney spoke to the media on a Zoom call regarding the upcoming 2020 NHL Draft, which will be held virtually beginning Tuesday, October 6.
Report: Capitals’ Assistant GM Ross Mahoney Had Three Interviews Before Devils Removed Interim Tag Off Tom Fitzgerald
Screencap: NHL.com Sportsnet’s Elliotte Freidman wrote in his weekly 31 Thoughts column on Sunday that Washington Capitals’ assistant GM Ross Mahoney had three interviews with the New Jersey Devils before they took the interim tag off of GM Tom Fitzgerald … Continue reading
Report: Predators Give Capitals Permission To Interview Peter Laviolette To Fill Head Coaching Vacancy
Photo: Yahoo Finance Sportsnet’s Elliotte Freidman reported on Sunday night that the Nashville Predators have given the Washington Capitals permission to talk to their former head coach, Peter Laviolette, who was fired by the team on January 6.
It’s that time of year, once again. The 2019 NHL Entry Draft is set to start this Friday in Vancouver, British, Columbia. But let’s be honest, any professional sport’s draft can at times have all the excitement of a five … Continue reading
Follow along and enjoy all the coverage of the teams’ “days with the cup”. We will continuously update this post as more celebrations occur, until the Capitals relinquish the Stanley Cup. Note: You can always access this post, or any … Continue reading
The Washington Capitals’ “Western Pipeline”: Ross Mahoney and Darrell Baumgartner’s Relationship Spans 25 Years and Includes Two Championships
Photo: rodpedersen.com One of the most important components of any NHL organization, and also possibly the least known by fans, is the scouting department. Scouts are somewhat mysterious creatures that move in the shadows and dark of night. No, not … Continue reading
Capitals’ Assistant GM Ross Mahoney, Assistant Athletic Trainer Mike Booi, Have Their Days with the Stanley Cup
Photo: @Keeperofthecup After spending the week in Minnesota with Matt Niskanen, Jason Serbus and T.J. Oshie, and Thursday in Indiana with head coach Todd Reirden, the Cup traveled north to Lake Odessa, Michigan, for a day with Capitals assistant athletic … Continue reading
Photo: NHL Via Getty Images Many of our readers have asked us when certain Capitals players will have their personal “Day with the Cup”. While there has been no official list or itinerary released to the public, players have been … Continue reading
Here is this week’s rumors roundup for the Capitals and from around the league.
Assistant General Manager Ross Mahoney took time out of his Monday, two days before the Vegas Golden Knights pick the players for their team, to talk about the Expansion Draft and some of the Capitals’ prospects.