Search NoVa Caps Site
- ESPN’s Max Kellerman Draws Fire For “No One Really Cares About Hockey” Comment
- ‘The Athletic’ Lays Off 8% of Staff
- Capitals’ Braden Holtby on NHL’s Lack of Speaking Up About Social & Racial Issues: “We’re Obviously Behind As A Sport”
- Is Brooks Orpik The Guy to Replace Reid Cashman?
- Phase 2 of “Return To Play” Begins Monday
- Discussions Between NHL, NHLPA Continue for new Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Penguins Announce Player Tests Positive For COVID-19
- 2020 Stanley Cup Playoff Seeding Will Be Redone After Each Round
- Washington Capitals Players Speak Out Against Racism, Participate in “Blackout Tuesday”
- Could The Capitals Deal A Defenseman Next Offseason?
Tag Archives: Ross Mahoney
It’s that time of year, once again. The 2019 NHL Entry Draft is set to start this Friday in Vancouver, British, Columbia. But let’s be honest, any professional sport’s draft can at times have all the excitement of a five … Continue reading
Follow along and enjoy all the coverage of the teams’ “days with the cup”. We will continuously update this post as more celebrations occur, until the Capitals relinquish the Stanley Cup. Note: You can always access this post, or any … Continue reading
The Washington Capitals’ “Western Pipeline”: Ross Mahoney and Darrell Baumgartner’s Relationship Spans 25 Years and Includes Two Championships
Photo: rodpedersen.com One of the most important components of any NHL organization, and also possibly the least known by fans, is the scouting department. Scouts are somewhat mysterious creatures that move in the shadows and dark of night. No, not … Continue reading
Capitals’ Assistant GM Ross Mahoney, Assistant Athletic Trainer Mike Booi, Have Their Days with the Stanley Cup
Photo: @Keeperofthecup After spending the week in Minnesota with Matt Niskanen, Jason Serbus and T.J. Oshie, and Thursday in Indiana with head coach Todd Reirden, the Cup traveled north to Lake Odessa, Michigan, for a day with Capitals assistant athletic … Continue reading
Photo: NHL Via Getty Images Many of our readers have asked us when certain Capitals players will have their personal “Day with the Cup”. While there has been no official list or itinerary released to the public, players have been … Continue reading
Here is this week’s rumors roundup for the Capitals and from around the league.
Assistant General Manager Ross Mahoney took time out of his Monday, two days before the Vegas Golden Knights pick the players for their team, to talk about the Expansion Draft and some of the Capitals’ prospects.
Photo: Bruce Bennett/Getty Images The Capitals will sit idle for the first three rounds of the 2017 NHL draft, as Washington finishes “paying the piper” for Kevin Shattenkirk, Lars Eller, and Mike Weber. Here’s a quick recap of how the … Continue reading