Search NoVa Caps Site
- Rounding out the Roster: Which Players Will Make the Capitals’ Final Roster?
- Hershey Bears Announce Training Camp Roster
- Capitals Prospects Weekend Recap: Connor McMichael, Alaksei Protas Remain Hot In CHL Action
- Capitals Announce Second Round Of Roster Cuts
- Capitals Beat Hurricanes 3-2 In Final Home Preseason Game; Brian Pinho Scores Twice
- Hurricanes at Capitals Preview: Preseason Rematch
- Capitals’ Prospect Alexander Alexeyev Skates For First Time Since Suffering Upper-Body Injury In Prospect Tournament
- Bears Invite Dillon Fox To Training Camp
- Capitals, Monumental Sports Network Hold “Brews + Bites” Event At MedStar Capitals Iceplex
- Washington Capitals Training Camp Notebook For Friday: Injury Updates; Preparation For The ‘Canes
Tag Archives: Rod Langway
The Washington Capitals Alumni Association hosted the annual Alumni Summer Classic Game Tuesday night at MedStar Capitals Iceplex. NoVa Caps photojournalist Joe Noyes was in hand to capture a few of the images from this year’s event.
Photo: @Capitals One of the greatest defenseman in Washington Capitals franchise history, Rod Langway’s playing style, leadership, and persona earned him the nickname “Secretary of Defense”, and his arrival to the team in 1982 was franchise-changing. In this latest Capitals … Continue reading
Photo: @TedStarkey The Nashville Predators held a pre-game ceremony Thursday night in Nashville to honor their Vice President and general manager, David Poile. Among those in attendance was the Capitals’ Rod Langway, Poile’s first captain after being hired as general … Continue reading
Marc Price and his wife Lindsey were out adventuring. The seven-year couple rented an RV and explored the U.S. and Canada. During their trip they made it out to Yellowstone National Park and got surprising news.
Photo: NHL The preview for Dennis Maruk’s upcoming book, Dennis Maruk: The Unforgettable Story of Hockey’s Forgotten 60-Goal Man says it all: Only 20 men in NHL history have scored 60 or more goals in a single season. That will … Continue reading
It was 35 years ago this weekend, that the Washington Capitals made the most significant trade in franchise history. It was on September 9, 1982, when then-General Manager David Poile traded captain Ryan Walter and defenseman Rick Green to the … Continue reading
Bruce Bennett/ Getty Images The 1982-1983 season was the first season the Capitals ever made the Stanley Cup Playoffs. It was also the first full season that the late Bryan Murray coached the team. In this piece, NoVa Caps’ Diane … Continue reading
One of the most anticipated events of Washington Capitals Fan Fest 2017 was the Alumni Game which took place Tuesday evening. Caps alumni were divided into two teams: Red and White. They played three 15-minute periods with 10-minute intermissions between.
A majority of the Washington Capitals players and their significant others spent part of their day-off hosting a charity event for the Make-A-Wish foundation. The event, “Wish Upon A Par“, gave Caps fans a chance to mingle with players, as well … Continue reading