Search NoVa Caps Site
- Philadelphia at Washington Preview: Capitals Start Three-Game Season-Closing Homestand vs. Flyers
- Rangers’ Pavel Buchnevich Suspended One Game For High-Sticking Capitals’ Anthony Mantha
- Capitals Loan Michal Kempny To AHL Hershey On Conditioning Stint
- Spencer Carbery Primed For Future Job In Washington
- Rangers Fined $250,000 After Releasing Statement Calling George Parros “Unfit” For Leading Department Of Player Safety
- Rangers’ Pavel Buchnevich Will Have Hearing With NHL’s Department Of Player Safety For High Sticking Capitals’ Anthony Mantha
- For Coach: T.J. Oshie Scores Hat Trick in Capitals’ Emotional 4-2 Win Over Rangers
- Bears Fall to Lehigh Valley Phantoms 5-3, Axel Jonsson-Fjallby Among Scorers For Bears
- T.J. Oshie Scores Hat-Trick In Capitals’ 4-2 Win Over Rangers
- This One’s For Coach: T.J. Oshie Scores In First Game Since the Passing Of His Father
Tag Archives: Retirement
Photo: Jamie Squire/Getty Images After thirteen seasons playing professional hockey, which include eight in the NHL, former Washington Capitals defenseman Taylor Chorney has hung up his skates. The 33-year-old announced his retirement on Thursday.
Bruce Bennett/Getty Images Defenseman Jay Bouwmeester, who suited up for a number of National Hockey League clubs between the 2002-03 and 2019-20 seasons (his last seven with the St. Louis Blues), recently talked with Pierre Lebrun of The Athletic about … Continue reading
Forward Justin Williams announced on Thursday that he will retire after 19 NHL seasons, including the past three with the Carolina Hurricanes and the previous two with the Washington Capitals. He was the Hurricanes’ captain during the 2018-19 season.
Photo: @Capitals According to Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman, former Washington Capitals defenseman Matt Niskanen has informed the Philadelphia Flyers that he will retire.
Greg Fiume/Getty Images North America A few days ago, former and longtime Washington Capitals defenseman Mike Green, announced his retirement from the NHL after 15 seasons, 10 of them in Washington. Over the course of his time in the District, … Continue reading
Photo: Nick Wass/AP On Monday, Washington Capitals alumnus Joel Ward officially announced his retirement from the NHL. In a piece written for The Players’ Tribune called “726”, Ward reflected on his years playing hockey and the special moments he was a … Continue reading
Photo: Elsa/Getty Images North America Earlier this week, former Capitals forward and longtime NHL grinder Matt Hendricks announced his retirement from the NHL after parts of 11 seasons in the league. A fan favorite during his time in Washington, he … Continue reading
Photo: Ethan Miller/Getty Images After 15 seasons (five with the Capitals), over 1,000 games played, and two Stanley Cup championships, veteran defenseman Brooks Orpik announced his retirement earlier today, concluding an illustrious career in the NHL. The player affectionately known … Continue reading
Rick Nash’s Premature Retirement: A Shot of Realization for the NHL and A Notice for the Capitals and T.J. Oshie
Photo: Sportsnet The announcement from longtime NHL forward Rick Nash early Friday that he was stepping away from the game of hockey due to concussion-related issues was a move that highlighted the consequences of head injuries in the National Hockey … Continue reading