Search NoVa Caps Site
- As The NHL Draft And Free Agency Near, How Active Will The Capitals Be?
- Capitals Re-sign Carl Hagelin
- “We Could Have Had…?!”: Washington Capitals Draft Day Regrets – 2000 Through 2010
- A Retrospective On The Last Decade of Draft Picks by the Washington Capitals
- On the Clock at 25: Who Could the Capitals Pick With This Selection at the 2019 NHL Draft?
- Report: Capitals Are “In Total ‘Go For It’ Mode”
- Thank You Nisky!: A Tribute to Matt Niskanen
- A Deeper Dive Into The Capitals’ Latest Acquisition, Radko Gudas
- Capitals Acquire Radko Gudas From Flyers In Exchange For Matt Niskanen
- Capitals Announce Fan Activities During Development Camp
Tag Archives: Record
Nicklas Backstrom Scores 20th Goal of Season Against Tampa Bay Lightning, Moves Into Eighth Place In Points For Swedish-born Players
Photo: NHL Via Getty Images Known primarily for his exceptional assist totals, Capitals center Nicklas Backstrom scored his 20th goal of the 2018-19 season (his fourth consecutive 20-goal campaign) in the first period of the Capitals’ March 30, 2019 matchup … Continue reading
Photo: Bruce Bennett/Getty Images The month of March is nearly upon the Washington Capitals and with the arrival of March, comes the final playoff push. Often, March will come in like a lamb, but a hard-charging battering ram. In this … Continue reading
Photo: Mark Blinch/NHLI via Getty Images With the Washington Capitals having played 61 games in the 2018-2019 season, it’s time for our third quarterly assessment of the team. In this piece, NoVa Caps’ Diane Doyle looks at the third quarter … Continue reading
Photo: Washington Times A few seasons ago, Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin became the all-time leader in goals scored by a Russian player in the history of the NHL, passing former Capitals teammate and Hockey Hall of Famer Sergei Fedorov in … Continue reading
Nine years ago, former Washington Capitals defenseman Mike Green did something unprecedented for a blueliner. From January 27, 2009 through Valentines Day, Green scored a goal in eight consecutive games, setting the NHL record for most consecutive games scoring by … Continue reading
Bleacher Report Through the first 12 games of the 2017-18 season, the Capitals have played their way to a 5-6-1 record, despite a plethora of injuries to key players such as defenseman Matt Niskanen and right wing Brett Connolly. While … Continue reading
Already the Capitals’ “Iron Man” for playing the most consecutive games in franchise history, shutdown defenseman Karl Alzner will be playing in his 500th consecutive game in a Capitals sweater tonight against the Chicago Blackhawks.
Alex Ovechkin has been considered by many as the best goal-scorer of his generation. On Thursday night versus the Dallas Stars, Ovechkin notched another lofty personal kudo by surpassing 2015 Hall of Fame inductee and former teammate Sergei Fedorov to become the all-time … Continue reading