Search NoVa Caps Site
- Sights & Sounds from Capitals’ 2021-22 Media Day
- Wild Re-sign Reigning Calder Trophy Winner Kirill Kaprizov To Five-Year, $45 Million Contract
- Blue Jackets Rescind Unvaccinated Zac Rinaldo’s Training Camp Invitation
- Capitals Release 2021 Training Camp Roster And Schedule
- “The Next Few Weeks Are Going to Be Big For Him”: Hershey Bears Head Coach Scott Allen Talks Connor McMichael, Organizational Success, and More
- Former Washington Capital Jeff Halpern Gets Day With Stanley Cup As Coach With Tampa Bay Lightning
- Capitals Hire Dr. Aimee Kimball as Senior Director of Team and Organizational Development
- Images From Day 2 Of Washington Capitals Development Camp
- “I Have to Get Bigger, Stronger, and Faster”: Capitals Fifth-Round Pick Bear Hughes
- Capitals’ Prospect Hendrix Lapierre: “I Feel Confident In My Abilities And My General Play”
Tag Archives: QMJHL
Photo: NHL on Calgary Flames Site On the second day of the 2021 NHL Entry Draft, the Washington Capitals chose forward Haakon Hänelt in the fifth round (#151th pick overall). Hänelt, who was born in Berlin, Germany on June 1, … Continue reading
Photo: Dinamo Minsk The NHL had tentatively planned to start the 2020-21 season on January 1, 2021 and play a full 82-game season. But that plan has now changed. The COVID-19 pandemic has caused schedule adjustments to the NHL and … Continue reading
Quebec Assembly Member And Former Washington Capitals Enforcer Enrico Ciccone Submits Bill To End Fighting In Quebec
Photo: Sylvain Roy Roussel/CBC Enrico Ciccone, former Washington Capitals enforcer and now Liberal member of Quebec’s National Assembly, introduced a bill this past Wednesday that would ban fighting in amateur sports in Quebec. The bill would apply to athletes under the age of 18, … Continue reading
The QMJHL has voted to change their rules for fighting in order to receive $20 million in pandemic relief funds from the Quebec Government. Representatives from the league’s 18 teams in Quebec and the Maritimes voted on the new rules … Continue reading
Photo: Acadie-Bathurst Tuesday night marked yet another milestone in the return of hockey as the QMJHL held their first preseason games for the 2020-21 season. The games marked the first time games were played with fans in the stands in … Continue reading
The Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL) announced on Friday plans to begin the 2020-2021 season on October 1, 2020. The other two leagues that makeup the Canadian Hockey League (CHL), the Western Hockey League (WHL) and the Ontario Hockey … Continue reading
Graphic: NHL The NHL announced on Tuesday that the player development agreements have been extended for the 2020-21 season.
Photo: USHL.com The USHL became the latest league to cancel the remainder of its season due to the coronavirus pandemic, the league announced on Wednesday morning. The NAHL did the same.
The Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL) has announced that all the remaining games of the 2019-20 schedule have been cancelled due to concerns related to the spread of the coronavirus.
Hockey’s Future Gaétan Joseph Pierre Duchesne was born on July 11, 1962, in Quebec City, Quebec. The Capitals drafted him in the eighth-round (152nd overall) of the 1981 NHL Entry Draft. In this newest Capitals Alumni Profile, NoVa Caps’ writer Diane Doyle … Continue reading