Search NoVa Caps Site
- Report: Alex Ovechkin Is Joining Nicklas Backstrom In Negotiating His New Contract By Himself, With No Representation
- With The Capitals Needing To Shed Salary, Could Pheonix Copley Be Moved?
- Aliaksei Protas Scores Third Goal Of The KHL Season
- Hershey Bears Announce The Re-signing Of Kale Kessy
- NHL Releases Offseason Training Protocols; Training Facilities Allowed To Open For Voluntary Workouts on October 15
- Martin Fehervary Will Not Play At Home In Slovakia During Break Between NHL Seasons
- Sergei Gonchar: A Look At Potential Assistant Coaching Candidates For The Capitals
- Alex Ovechkin Spends Time With Russian Children’s Ensemble “Dynamic Guys”; Launches New Story With The Production Center “Dynamo”
- The KHL Season Is Quickly Deteriorating Due To COVID-19; Should The Capitals Prospects Exit From The League?
- Kevin McCarthy: A Look At Potential Assistant Coaching Candidates For The Capitals
Tag Archives: Puck and Player Tracking System
The NHL’s much-anticipated rollout of its Puck & Player Tracking System, announced during All-Star Weekend in January 2019, will not rollout with the resumption of play this summer. At least not at the start.
The NHL GMs are ready to implement new technology on the ice. Continue reading
NHL to Start Using New Puck, White Player Tags For Tracking Speed & Data; Will Debut in Playoffs and Beyond as Part of Digital Broadcasting Additions
Photo: @EricFrancis According to Sportsnet analyst Eric Francis, the NHL will start using a new puck and white player tags for tracking speed and additional player data. These enhancements will debut during the 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs, which begin April … Continue reading
The Approaching NHL Data Divide: Next-Gen NHL Data Will Likely Be A Case Of the “Haves” and “Have Nots”
Graphic: Nastel It’s no secret that the NHL is in the process of making a generational leap in data sourcing, aggregation and analysis that will redefine the way the game is analyzed. Hockey “big data” is essentially making the leap … Continue reading
Speaking at the Prime Time Sports and Entertainment Sports Management Conference on Monday morning, NHL commissioner Gary Bettman said he is hopeful puck-tracking technology will be in place before the start of the 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs. This is the … Continue reading
Graphics: KHL Every game of the 2019-2020 KHL season, which began on September 1, has featured the use of smart pucks and chips embedded in each of the players’ jerseys. The new sensors and telematics systems provide advanced data and analytics … Continue reading
Photo: NHL NHL commissioner Gary Bettman announced on Friday that the league is officially partnering with Jogmo World to deploy puck and player tracking technology in all 31 NHL arenas at some point during the 2019-20 season. The new tracking systems … Continue reading