Search NoVa Caps Site
- ESPN’s Max Kellerman Draws Fire For “No One Really Cares About Hockey” Comment
- ‘The Athletic’ Lays Off 8% of Staff
- Capitals’ Braden Holtby on NHL’s Lack of Speaking Up About Social & Racial Issues: “We’re Obviously Behind As A Sport”
- Is Brooks Orpik The Guy to Replace Reid Cashman?
- Phase 2 of “Return To Play” Begins Monday
- Discussions Between NHL, NHLPA Continue for new Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Penguins Announce Player Tests Positive For COVID-19
- 2020 Stanley Cup Playoff Seeding Will Be Redone After Each Round
- Washington Capitals Players Speak Out Against Racism, Participate in “Blackout Tuesday”
- Could The Capitals Deal A Defenseman Next Offseason?
Tag Archives: Possession Data
December 8, 2019. The Washington Capitals are 22-4-5, good for 49 standings points, and sit three points clear of the Boston Bruins as the best team in the NHL. The Capitals have a nine-point lead in the Metropolitan Division. Many … Continue reading
Scott Taetsch/Getty Images In their first matchup against the Pittsburgh Penguins this season, the Caps fell behind in the second period and were unable to retake the lead. After a relatively flat first two periods, the Caps came out roaring … Continue reading
Patrick McDermott/NHLI via Getty Images When the Capitals signed him to a one-year, $700,000 deal in free agency in July, left wing Brendan Leipsic’s role on the team was to provide some grittiness and secondary scoring to a revamped fourth-line, … Continue reading
Photo by Patrick McDermott/NHLI via Getty Images The Carolina Hurricanes came into Capital One Arena tonight lined up to play against the Washington Capitals in the first round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs, at least as the standings dictated. So … Continue reading
Photo: Patrick McDermott/NHL via Getty Images The Capitals’ 3-1 win over the Philadelphia Flyers on Sunday wasn’t the most high-scoring affair, but an ultimately crucial one for the Caps in their push for the Metropolitan Division title. In this piece, … Continue reading
Photo: @Capitals Well that’s embarrassing. After taking a 5-1 lead half way through the game the Capitals completely gave up and the Anaheim Ducks rallied to score five unanswered. There’s really nothing good to see here.
Photo: @Capitals That was an eventful game. Everything from the fast-paced play to the Tom Wilson’s hit that has caused an uproar. It wasn’t exactly a well-played game by the Washington Capitals, but when you have a goalie like Braden Holtby, … Continue reading
After finishing the game yesterday around 630PM, taking down the red hot Detroit Redwings 3-1, the Washington Capitals were able to make their way to the “Big Apple” and beat the New York Rangers 5-3 before 430PM rolled around. That’s a … Continue reading
Photo: NHL Via Getty Images The Washington Capitals ended a three game in four night stretch with a nail biter. After yielding the tying goal with less than three minutes left, the Caps ended it quickly in overtime with a … Continue reading