Search NoVa Caps Site
- Report: Alex Ovechkin Is Joining Nicklas Backstrom In Negotiating His New Contract By Himself, With No Representation
- With The Capitals Needing To Shed Salary, Could Pheonix Copley Be Moved?
- Aliaksei Protas Scores Third Goal Of The KHL Season
- Hershey Bears Announce The Re-signing Of Kale Kessy
- NHL Releases Offseason Training Protocols; Training Facilities Allowed To Open For Voluntary Workouts on October 15
- Martin Fehervary Will Not Play At Home In Slovakia During Break Between NHL Seasons
- Sergei Gonchar: A Look At Potential Assistant Coaching Candidates For The Capitals
- Alex Ovechkin Spends Time With Russian Children’s Ensemble “Dynamic Guys”; Launches New Story With The Production Center “Dynamo”
- The KHL Season Is Quickly Deteriorating Due To COVID-19; Should The Capitals Prospects Exit From The League?
- Kevin McCarthy: A Look At Potential Assistant Coaching Candidates For The Capitals
Tag Archives: Pheonix Copley
Photo: WaPo The flat salary cap is going to make it a struggle for lots of teams to be active and make necessary changes over the next three years, and the Washington Capitals are no different. They enter the offseason … Continue reading
In this post we will take a look at the development of the Washington Capitals prospect pool from a five-year perspective. The extended perspective is utilized to look at the Capitals long-term organizational status based on five-year projections for each of … Continue reading
The COVID-19 pandemic essentially stopped the hockey world cold during the first week of March. Since then, playing time for all of the Washington Capitals prospects has been scarce, with little guarantee of when league play will return to play.
Photo: Chase Angnello-Dean/NHL via Getty Images It’s looking more and more likely that the Washington Capitals will go with Vitek Vanecek as the number two netminder for the 2020 playoffs, replacing Ilya Samsonov who was injured prior to training camp … Continue reading
Head Coach Todd Reirden is “Proud” of the Capitals For Their Commitment, Positive Attitudes & Handling of the New Norm During Training Camp
On Sunday afternoon, Washington Capitals head coach Todd Reirden spoke to the media on a Zoom call following the group practices on the sixth day of training camp in Phase 3 of the NHL’s Return to Play Plan. He discussed how the … Continue reading
Last week the 24 NHL teams entering the upcoming 2020 playoffs submitted to the league office their list of prospects they wish to be included in their training camp and playoff rosters. Teams are allowed to have 30 skaters and … Continue reading
Goaltender Pheonix Copley and forward Beck Malenstyn told reporters via conference calls on Wednesday that they will be with the Washington Capitals as “black aces” to conclude the 2019-20 season should it resume. Both players spent a majority of this season … Continue reading
How The Chances Of Braden Holtby Returning to the Capitals May Have Improved Because of the Suspension in Play
It’s been one of the hotter topics in the Capitals universe so far this season. Braden Holtby and his pending unrestricted free agency. The Capitals and Holtby agreed to push-off any negotiations for a new contract until after the season. … Continue reading
Photo: Bridgeport Sound Tigers As we sit and wait to see what the future brings with regards to the conclusion of the 2019-2020 hockey season, we have some time to assess a few of the pressing roster issues that will … Continue reading
Welcome to the fifth installment of NoVa Caps’ Washington Capitals monthly prospects report for the 2019-2020 season. The report summarizes activities for each of the Capitals’ prospects for the month of February, 2020, and provides an overall “Trending” rating for each … Continue reading