Search NoVa Caps Site
- A Few Coach’s Challenges Stats From Around The League So Far This Season
- Capitals at Lightning Pregame Notebook: Ilya Samsonov Starts In Fathers’ Trip Opener
- From Understudy to Lead Role: A Look At John Carlson’s Evolution Into a Norris Trophy Front-runner
- Washington at Tampa Bay Preview: Capitals Take On Lightning In The Bay
- Capitals Kick-Off Annual Mentor’s Trip This Weekend
- Capitals’ Garnet Hathaway Hosts Arlington Fire Dept. And A Meet And Greet After Monday’s Game Against Columbus
- Alex Ovechkin Receives Wayne Gretzky International Award; Neal Henderson Enshrined In USA Hockey Hall Of Fame
- Capitals Prospect Connor McMichael Selected To Continue For Canada’s National Junior Team
- Standing Pat At 2020 NHL Trade Deadline Is The Best Option For The Capitals
- New Power-Play Wrinkle For Capitals Turns 5-on-4 Into 4-on-3 Advantage
Tag Archives: Olie Kolzig
The Washington Capitals Alumni Association hosted the annual Alumni Summer Classic Game Tuesday night at MedStar Capitals Iceplex. NoVa Caps photojournalist Joe Noyes was in hand to capture a few of the images from this year’s event.
Photo: @MonSportsNetwork The 2019 Capitals Alumni Classic took place Tuesday night at MedStar Capitals Iceplex. A reasonably large crowd was in hand for this annual summer tradition. NoVa Caps’ Diane Doyle was in attendance to recap the game.
Photo: Elsa/Getty Images For many years, Olaf Kolzig manned the goal-crease in Washington, backstopping the Capitals to an appearance in the 1998 Stanley Cup Finals. However, in the mid-2000’s the Capitals invested in the future in net by drafting youngsters … Continue reading
Tuesday was Olaf “Olie” Kolzig’s day with the Stanley Cup. Kolzig, a former goaltender for the Washington Capitals, is currently serving as a development coach for the organization. Kolzig is also currently part owner of the Tri-City Americans of the … Continue reading
The offseason seems a lot shorter when you win the Stanley Cup! Less than three weeks after winning the franchise’s first NHL championship, the Washington Capitals will open their 2018 Development Camp on June 25 at Kettler Capitals Iceplex. The … Continue reading
Photo: Getty Images 20 years and five months have passed since the Capitals last game at the U.S. Airways Arena/Capital Centre in Landover, Maryland. Since that time, the Capitals have been playing at MCI/Verizon/Capital One Arena at the corner of … Continue reading
One of the most anticipated events of Washington Capitals Fan Fest 2017 was the Alumni Game which took place Tuesday evening. Caps alumni were divided into two teams: Red and White. They played three 15-minute periods with 10-minute intermissions between.
Photo by Rob Carr/Getty Images Capitals goaltender Braden Holtby is putting together his best season to date. Entering tonight’s game, Holtby leads the NHL in wins with 27, ranks second in goals-against average with 1.93, and third in save percentage … Continue reading
Washington Capitals defenseman John Carlson announced on Sunday, August 16th, that he would be joining fellow team mates Alex Ovechkin, Tom Wilson and Karl Alzner, and former Caps great Olie Kolzig, in launching a new clothing line. Carlson made the announcement on Twitter: … Continue reading
Capitals great Olie Kolzig has teamed with the fine folks at 500Level Clothing to launch a new line of men’s, women’s and children’s clothes. The new line features T-Shirts, hoodies and children’s shirts, with a wide array of designs available. At … Continue reading