Search NoVa Caps Site
- Capitals Nip Bruins, 2-1, On Goal By Michael Raffl With Three Seconds Left
- Capitals’ T.J. Oshie Will Not Play vs. Bruins On Tuesday
- Nicklas Backstrom Will Play Tonight, Alex Ovechkin Will Be A Game Time Decision, John Carlson and T.J. Oshie Will Not Play
- Alex Ovechkin Participates In Tuesday Morning’s Optional Skate
- Capitals Will Face Bruins In First Round Of 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs; Series Will Open Saturday Night
- Boston at Washington Preview: Capitals Clash With Bruins in Regular Season Finale on Tuesday
- From Catching Softballs With A Goalie Glove In Daycare To Tending Goal In Chocolate Town, Hunter Shepard Is Shining In Hershey
- Washington D.C. Grants Waiver For Increase Of Maximum Capacity At Capital One Arena To 25% Starting May 14
- Report: D.C. Looking to Raise Attendance to Full Capacity at Sports Venues by June 11
- Capitals Writers Nominate Zdeno Chara For Bill Masterton Trophy
Tag Archives: NHLPA
Photo: Steve Babineau/Getty Images The NHL and players’ association have both voted in favor of the CBA extension, which will run through the 2025-26 season, and the league’s return-to-play plan for the 2019-20 season, a 24-team Stanley Cup Playoff tournament … Continue reading
Photo: NHL.com According to TSN’s Frank Seravalli, “multiple” NHL players are considering opting out the 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs, which is set to begin on Saturday, August 1 in Edmonton (for the Western Conference) and Toronto (Eastern).
Photo: Sportsnet The NHL Players’ Association’s executive board has voted in favor of the newly proposed CBA. All of the players will now vote on it electronically during a 48-hour period from Wednesday to Friday.
NHL, Players’ Association Reach Agreement On Return To Play Plan, CBA Extension; Set Dates For Season Restart
Photo: NHLPA The National Hockey League (NHL) and National Hockey League Players’ Association (NHLPA) have reached a tentative agreement on a Return to Play Plan and Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) that adds an additional four years to the term of … Continue reading
Report: NHL, Players’ Association Finalize “Tentative Agreement” On Phases 3 & 4 Protocols But Still Working On CBA Extension
Photo: TSN According to TSN’s Bob McKenzie, the NHL and players’ association have finalized a “tentative agreement” on the phases three and four protocols of the league’s return-to-play plan but are still finalizing the details of the CBA extension, which … Continue reading
Photo: Full Press Coverage The NHL and players’ association are optimistic that a return-to-play and six-year CBA agreement will be reached on Saturday, according to TSN’s Frank Seravalli. Both the NHL’s Board of Governors and the NHLPA’s full membership will … Continue reading
Photo: Patrick McDermott/Getty Images According to TSN, the NHL is targetting an August 1 start for the Stanley Cup play-ins and round-robin tournaments and scheduling phase two of the draft lottery just nine days later. Last week, a team that … Continue reading
According to the New York Post’s Larry Brooks, the NHL has informed teams that phase three of the league’s return-to-play plan, training camps, will not start before Monday, July 13.
Report: NHL, Players Association Agree That Contracts Up After This Season Will Expire October 31 Pending Resumption
Photo: NBCS According to CapFriendly, the NHL and the players association have come to an agreement on extending players’ contract and work permits beyond June 30, when they were originally set to expire. The contract expiration date is expected to … Continue reading
Photo: Brian Babineau/National Hockey League/Getty Images There were several reports on Thursday that the NHL and the NHL Players Association have begun initial negotiations for the next collective bargaining agreement (CBA). The current 10-year agreement expires on September 15, 2022.