Search NoVa Caps Site
- The Streak: A Look Back at the Capitals’ Historic Winning Streak 10 Years Later – Part 2
- Washington at Montreal Preview: Capitals Clash With Canadiens At Bell Centre
- Brian Pinho, Garrett Pilon Continue Scoring, Alex Kannok-Leipert Returns To Top Pair, Scores Goal: Week 19 Prospect Report
- Capitals’ Alex Ovechkin On Passing Of Lakers Legend Kobe Bryant: “It’s Tough”
- Ovechkin Will Serve One-Game Suspension On Monday Night; Holtby To Start: News From Capitals’ Practice In Montréal
- Pacific Division Wins Three-On-Three Tournament At 2020 NHL All-Star Game In St. Louis
- Bears Beat Bruins 3-2 In Shootout, Christian Djoos Scores Game Winner
- Capitals’ John Carlson Finishes Second In Hardest Shot At 2020 NHL All-Star Skills
- Bears Beat Thunderbirds 5-2, Matt Moulson Scores Two Goals in 1,000th Professional Game
- NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman Discusses 2021 All-Star Weekend In Florida, Diversity, & Digital Innovations
Tag Archives: NHL Television Ratings
Photo: Dallas Star The broadcast appeal of the NHL’s Winter Xlassic continues to plunge. This years event, which featured the Dallas Stars and the Nashville Predators, was the least-watched in the 12-year history of the event.
According to figures from Numeris, Canada’s broadcast measurement firm, Hockey Night in Canada took an immediate hit in the wake of Cherry’s firing and has never recovered.
Photo: Bruce Bennett/NHL via Getty Images The 2019 NHL All-Star Game was clearly a hit in San Jose, with fans, coaches, players, and everyone involved having fun during one of the busiest weekends in the NHL, with the Metropolitan Division … Continue reading →
Photo by Patrick Smith/Getty Images Anytime you have a prime-time matchup between two teams with a storied past, who have also won the last three Stanley Cups, you have a pretty good recipe for ratings success. No surprise, Wednesday’s Caps-Pens … Continue reading →
Photo: NHL According to Sports Media Watch, the Capitals-Maple Leafs Stadium Series game, which was switched to NBCSN with more than four minutes to play in the game to accommodate local news and NBC’s Saturday Night Live, ranks as the … Continue reading →
Photo: @Cpitals The 2018 NHL All-Star game was a relative success this year as far as television ratings are concerned, despite the fact the game aired directly opposite of the highest rated NFL Pro Bowl in four years.