Search NoVa Caps Site
- QMJHL Announces Plans To Begin 2020-21 Season On October 1, Without Fans
- Canadiens’ Head Coach Claude Julien Out Of Hospital, Will Return Home To Montreal
- Henrik Lundqvist, P.K. Subban and Matt Dumba Named Finalists For 2019-2020 King Clancy Memorial Trophy
- Washington Capitals – New York Islanders – Round 1, Game 2 Preview
- Montreal Canadiens’ Head Coach Claude Julien Rushed To Hospital, Not Expected To Rejoin Team Before End Of Philadelphia Series
- Tom Wilson On Backstrom Hit: “I Definitely Think It’s Fuel For The Fire”
- Nicklas Backstrom Will Not Play In Game 2, “He Is In (Concussion) Protocol”
- Lars Eller Returns To Practice Following Quarantine: “It Wasn’t Particularly Fun Sitting In Your Room For Four Days.”
- Hurricanes’ Head Coach Rod Brind’Amour Fined $25,000 For Calling Officiating “A Joke”
- Postgame Analytics: Isles Dominate at Even Strength, Down Caps 4-2 in Game 1
Tag Archives: NHL Television Ratings
Hockey fans have been enjoying as many as six games a day since the NHL rebooted the 2019-2020 season last week. The wall-to-wall action has been a godsend for fans who have been without hockey since March 11th. The barrage … Continue reading →
Photo: Dallas Star The broadcast appeal of the NHL’s Winter Xlassic continues to plunge. This years event, which featured the Dallas Stars and the Nashville Predators, was the least-watched in the 12-year history of the event.
According to figures from Numeris, Canada’s broadcast measurement firm, Hockey Night in Canada took an immediate hit in the wake of Cherry’s firing and has never recovered.
Photo: Bruce Bennett/NHL via Getty Images The 2019 NHL All-Star Game was clearly a hit in San Jose, with fans, coaches, players, and everyone involved having fun during one of the busiest weekends in the NHL, with the Metropolitan Division … Continue reading →
Photo by Patrick Smith/Getty Images Anytime you have a prime-time matchup between two teams with a storied past, who have also won the last three Stanley Cups, you have a pretty good recipe for ratings success. No surprise, Wednesday’s Caps-Pens … Continue reading →
Photo: NHL According to Sports Media Watch, the Capitals-Maple Leafs Stadium Series game, which was switched to NBCSN with more than four minutes to play in the game to accommodate local news and NBC’s Saturday Night Live, ranks as the … Continue reading →
Photo: @Cpitals The 2018 NHL All-Star game was a relative success this year as far as television ratings are concerned, despite the fact the game aired directly opposite of the highest rated NFL Pro Bowl in four years.