Search NoVa Caps Site
- Is Brooks Orpik The Guy to Replace Reid Cashman?
- Phase 2 of “Return To Play” Begins Monday
- Discussions Between NHL, NHLPA Continue for new Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Penguins Announce Player Tests Positive For COVID-19
- 2020 Stanley Cup Playoff Seeding Will Be Redone After Each Round
- Washington Capitals Players Speak Out Against Racism, Participate in “Blackout Tuesday”
- Could The Capitals Deal A Defenseman Next Offseason?
- Michal Kempny and David Pastrnak Take In Tennis Match in Prague On Wednesday
- Decision on Hub City Locations For 2020 Playoffs Will Be Made In Three Weeks
- Former Washington Capitals Winger Dmitrij Jaskin Is Now The Second Highest Paid Player in KHL: Salaries For Top KHL Players
Tag Archives: NHL Pause
Photo: Zak Krill/Getty Images If the NHL goes to a 24-team Stanley Cup Playoff round, which is looking likely at the moment, the top two teams in each division would likely get a bye in the play-in round. But would … Continue reading
Photo: Canoe.com Ottawa Senators owner Eugene Melnyk told Fan 590 in Toronto on Sunday that he is “100 percent” confident that a 2020 Stanley Cup Champion will be crowned and that there would be a full 2020-21 NHL season, according … Continue reading
Some teams are optimistic that the NHL will allow teams to begin skating again in small groups by the end of this month while others are pessimistic regarding that manner.
Report: NHL Now Planning To Go Straight To 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs With 24 Teams When Play Resumes
Photo: Patrick McDermott/Getty Images Sources have told Larry Brooks of the New York Post that the NHL’s focus of returning to play has shifted from finishing the 2019-20 regular season to going straight to the 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs with … Continue reading
The NHL Board of Governors talked for around 105 minutes on Monday to discuss the idea of holding the 2020 NHL Draft in early June. The infectious disease consultant was on the call as has been the case on every … Continue reading
NHL Board Of Governors To Discuss Draft Date, Centralized Locations To Resume Regular Season This Week
Photo: Tourist Secrets The NHL will talk about a potential date for the 2020 NHL Draft and narrowing their list of centralized locations to resume the 2019-20 regular season this week, according to Sportsnet’s Elliotte Freidman.
Washington Capitals defenseman Brenden Dillon talked to NBC Sports about training and how life as a hockey player has changed during the NHL pause, which has been in effect since March 12 due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Photo: Patrick McDermott/Getty Images The NHL may be pivoting away from the possibility of playing the remainder of the 2019-20 regular season in four centralized spots, and is now looking into playing games in each team’s host city, according to … Continue reading
Photo: SI League Commissioner Gary Bettman joined NHL Network on Thursday to discuss the latest updates from the league as action has been paused since March 12 due to the coronavirus pandemic. There has been all sorts of speculation brewing … Continue reading
Photo: Patrick Smith/Getty Images The second phase for the NHL to resume the 2019-20 season, which involves players skating in small groups, may not be mandatory, the TSN panel discussed on Thursday. However, there is no guarantee that players will … Continue reading