Search NoVa Caps Site
- If the Stanley Cup Playoffs Began Today, Which Teams Would Be the Favorites To Win?
- Barry Trotz Reflects on Time Spent Coaching Alex Ovechkin
- The Complete 2018 Washington Capitals Stanley Cup Itinerary: First Draft
- Aliaksei Protas: Annual Review and Forecast – 2019-2020 Season
- A Look Back at the Capitals Season-Ending, Playoff-Clinching Winning Streak of 2007-2008
- Mitchell Gibson: Annual Review and Forecast – 2019-2020 Season
- Interview with “The Viper”, Aliaksei Protas
- Four Additional Members of the Ottawa Senators Organization Tested Positive for Coronavirus
- Capitals’ Nicklas Backstrom Discusses New Baby Girl, Alizee, the NHL Pause, & the Possibility of Summer Playoff Hockey
- NHL and NHLPA Each Discussing Possibility of New CBA Now
Tag Archives: NHL Pause
Capitals’ Nicklas Backstrom Discusses New Baby Girl, Alizee, the NHL Pause, & the Possibility of Summer Playoff Hockey
On Wednesday morning, Washington Capitals center Nicklas Backstrom spoke to the media via teleconference about the birth of his third child, the NHL’s pause of the season, and the possibility of playing hockey in the summer.
Photo: YouTube The NHL extended the self-quarantine period for players through April 15 on Tuesday since the state of the world and local isolation guidelines make it almost impossible for the league to lawfully open team facilities.
Tom Wilson to Capitals Planholders: “Just Wanted to Wish You Well in This Tough Time Right Now…It’s Just So Unprecedented”
“Just wanted to wish you well in this tough time right now,” Washington Capitals forward Tom Wilson said to Capitals planholders in a video message. In a time of total uncertainty, Wilson shared his good wishes during the NHL’s pause … Continue reading
Washington Capitals General Manager Brian MacLellan told the media via teleconference on Monday morning that he is talking to head athletic trainer Jason Serbus every day regarding the health of the team’s players during the NHL Pause. The Ottawa Senators … Continue reading
Capitals’ John Carlson: “I Don’t Believe We Ever Hit A Panic Button. But, At The Same Time, We Weren’t Happy With The Way We Were Playing.”
Photo: Yardbarker Washington Capitals defenseman John Carlson shared some thoughts about his historic season and his team’s struggles since just before Christmas before the NHL Pause with Sportsnet’s Elliotte Freidman in his latest “31 Thoughts” column.
Photo: Patrick McDermott/Getty Images The NHL GMs did not discuss resuming the 2019-20 season on their call with the league on Tuesday, according to TSN, but the league requested some home dates in August from every team.
Photo: Hockey Addicted The NHL told all 31 general managers on a conference call on Tuesday that the self-quarantine period will be extended by 10 days from March 27, the original date. Some players are quarantining at home while others … Continue reading
Photo: Jamie Sabau/Getty Images The NHL owners and governors met on a conference call to discuss the rest of the season as the 2019-20 campaign has now been on pause for 11 days due to the coronavirus. TSN Insider Darren … Continue reading
Screencap: @BauerHockey Already binge-watched your favorite show on Netflix? Looking for something fun to do while in quarantine? Bauer Hockey, one of the biggest hockey equipment manufacturers, is promoting “Hockey at Home” using the #HockeyAtHome hashtag. During the NHL pause, … Continue reading
Photo: NHL.com As the National Hockey League (NHL) community continues to practice social distancing and take all necessary precautions during this ever-changing time, the League will continue to help fans stay connected to the League’s players and the game by … Continue reading