Search NoVa Caps Site
- The Emergence Of Nick Jensen
- Bears Dust Devils, 6-3: Ilya Samsonov Stops 25 of 28 Shots; Kody Clark Scores Two Goals; Garrett Pilon Scores Highlight-Reel Goal
- Washington at New Jersey Series Preview: Capitals Tangle With Devils in Weekend Matinees
- Capitals Have Been The NHL’s Third-Most Injury And Illness Prone Team So Far This Season
- Capitals’ Alex Ovechkin Will Be Game Time Decision vs. Devils, Played Through Lower-Body Injury On Thursday
- A Look At The Capitals’ Slow Starts And Third Period Goal Deficits
- Capitals Down Penguins, 5-2; Nicklas Backstrom Scores 9th Goal Of The Season
- How Swede is It: Capitals’ Nicklas Backstrom Scores Team-Leading Ninth Goal of the Season
- Capitals’ Nic Dowd Says Michael Peca Has Helped “A Lot” With Faceoffs
- Laviolette Changes Capitals’ Lines And Power Play Unit; Vanecek Will Start Tonight: News From Morning Skate
Tag Archives: NHL Department of Player Safety
Photo: Nick Wass, AP Washington Capitals‘ forward Tom Wilson was offered an in-person hearing with the NHL’s Department of Player Safety on Sunday for his hit on St. Louis Blues’ forward Oskar Sundqvist in the Capitals’ 5-2 win over the Blues. … Continue reading
Photo: NBC Washington After a strong postseason, forward Tom Wilson was expected to begin the season on the first line with forward Alex Ovechkin and center Evgeny Kuznetsov but he might have to wait before he skates in that spot.
Blues’ Defenseman Robert Bortuzzo Suspended For The Remainder Of Preseason and One Regular Season Game For Hit on Michal Kempny
Photo: NBC Sports Washington The NHL announced on Thursday that St. Louis Blues’ defenseman Robert Bortuzzo is suspended for the rest of the preseason (two games) and the Blues’ season opener for his hit to the head on Washington Capitals’ … Continue reading
Tom Wilson Isn’t Pleased with hit by Anton Stralman, Believes NHL Department of Player Safety Needs to Review
Photo: Bruce Bennett/Getty Images At 8:58 of the first period in Game 3 of the Eastern Conference Finals between the Washington Capitals and Tampa Bay Lightning, there was a big hit from Anton Stralman on Tom Wilson along the boards … Continue reading
On Monday afternoon, the NHL Department of Player Safety issued a fine on Washington Capitals defenseman Michal Kempny worth $2,419.35 for cross checking Cedric Paquette in the face during the third period of Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Finals. … Continue reading
The Washington Capitals will be shorthanded for the next 3 games, as forward Tom Wilson was handed a 3-game suspension from the NHL’s Department of Player Safety on Wednesday evening. The suspension was praised by Penguins fans, and it left … Continue reading
The NHL Department of Player Safety has reviewed Tom Wilson’s hit on Zach Aston-Reece from Tuesday night’s Game 3 and has determined that Wilson will be suspended for three games.
About midway through the second period of Tuesday night’s Game 3 second round series between the Washington Capitals and Pittsburgh Penguins, Tom Wilson was at it again. As center Zach Aston-Reese was heading to center ice along the boards in … Continue reading
The NHL Department of Player Safety has reviewed the Tom Wilson hit on Brian Dumoulin and has determined no hearing or disciplinary action is necessary regarding the hit. This news was first reported by Greg Wyshynski of ESPN.
Early in the second period of Game 2 on Sunday afternoon, Tom Wilson and Alex Ovechkin collided with Penguins defenseman Brian Dumoulin. As Dumoulin had the puck, he saw Ovechkn in front of him getting ready to deliver a hit … Continue reading