Search NoVa Caps Site
- 2019-20 Atlantic Division Preview
- Evgeny Kuznetsov Speaks With the Media Following NHL Ruling, Talks Suspension, Upcoming Season, and Moving On
- Statement from Evgeny Kuznetsov Regarding His Suspension
- Report: Evgeny Kuznetsov To Be Suspended By NHL, No More Than Three Games
- Capital One Arena Announces Updates To Venue Bag Policy
- Coaching Changes in Chocolatetown: Additions Behind the Hershey Bench and Within the Capitals Front Office Could Make A Difference For the Bears in 2019-20
- For Two Capitals’ Prospects, Brooks Orpik Could Be Just What The Doctor Ordered
- Day 1 Capitals Training Camp Blog: Michal Kempny Starts Out With No Contact Jersey
- 2019 Caps Media Day – Radko Gudas Ready To Get After It
- Optimistic Caps Fine Tune Lines with Recent Player Acquisitions
Tag Archives: NHL Department of Player Safety
The NHL Department of Player Safety has reviewed Tom Wilson’s hit on Zach Aston-Reece from Tuesday night’s Game 3 and has determined that Wilson will be suspended for three games.
About midway through the second period of Tuesday night’s Game 3 second round series between the Washington Capitals and Pittsburgh Penguins, Tom Wilson was at it again. As center Zach Aston-Reese was heading to center ice along the boards in … Continue reading
The NHL Department of Player Safety has reviewed the Tom Wilson hit on Brian Dumoulin and has determined no hearing or disciplinary action is necessary regarding the hit. This news was first reported by Greg Wyshynski of ESPN.
Early in the second period of Game 2 on Sunday afternoon, Tom Wilson and Alex Ovechkin collided with Penguins defenseman Brian Dumoulin. As Dumoulin had the puck, he saw Ovechkn in front of him getting ready to deliver a hit … Continue reading
During Friday night’s loss to the Penguins, T.J. Oshie cross checked Kris Letang by the boards late in the second period. On Saturday morning, the NHL Department of Player Safety issued Oshie a $5,000 fine. After the Capitals had their … Continue reading
The Capitals’ 4-1 win over the San Jose Sharks last night was an eventful one, from beginning to end. Just before the end of the game, Caps defenseman Madison Bowey took a vicious slash from Sharks defenseman Brenden Dillon, and … Continue reading
The NHL Department of Player Safety announced this afternoon that Tom Wilson will receive a player safety hearing on Tuesday for a hit delivered on Blues’ forward Sam Blais. The announcement comes just eight days after Wilson got suspended for … Continue reading
The NHL Department of Player Safety announced this afternoon that Capitals’ forward Tom Wilson has been suspended for two preseason games for a late hit he delivered on Blues’ forward Robert Thomas in Washington’s 4-0 loss to St. Louis on Friday.
Tom Wilson will get a player safety hearing for the hit he delivered on Blues’ forward Robert Thomas in Washington’s 4-0 loss to St. Louis on Friday. Wilson did not get penalized for the hit in the game, but Blues’ … Continue reading
How does one of these illegal checks receive a suspension, and the other illegal check does not? Continue reading