Search NoVa Caps Site
- “It’s Been A Pleasure To Play All Those Years With One Organization”: Alex Ovechkin Speaks on His New Contract, What It Means to Stay In Washington, and His Career Going Forward
- Rangers Acquire Ryan Reaves From Golden Knights For 2022 Third-Round Pick
- Deep Dive: A Closer Look at Capitals Draft Pick Chase Clark
- Capitals Re-Acquire Vitek Vanecek From Kraken In Exchange For Jets’ 2023 Second-Round Pick
- Capitals Re-Sign Lucas Johansen; Sign Two Defensemen, Goaltender Hunter Shepard To Two-Way Contracts
- Report: Washington Capitals Believed to Have Interest In Re-Acquiring Vitek Vanecek From Seattle Kraken
- Former Capitals’ Goaltender Philipp Grubauer Signs Six-Year, $35.4 Million Contract With Kraken
- NHL July 28 Free Agency And Trade Tracker
- Former Capitals Goaltender Braden Holtby Signs One-Year Contract With Stars After Getting Contract Bought Out By Canucks
- Devils Sign Dougie Hamilton To Seven-Year, $59.99 Million Contract; Hurricanes Trade Warren Foegele To Oilers For Ethan Bear, Sign Antti Raanta
Tag Archives: NHL Awards
Photo: The Athletic The NHL announced the winners for the Vezina (best goalie), Norris (best defenseman), Calder (best rookie), Ted Lindsay (MVP voted by the NHLPA), and Hart (MVP) Trophies on Tuesday night.
Photo: Sportsnet The National Hockey League today announced that Carolina Hurricanes Head Coach Rod Brind’Amour has won the 2020-21 Jack Adams Award as the NHL’s coach of the year. Brind’Amour is the first Whalers/Hurricanes head coach to receive the honor.
Photo: NHL.com Adam Fox of the New York Rangers, Victor Hedman of the Tampa Bay Lightning, and Cale Makar of the Colorado Avalanche are the three finalists for the 2020-21 James Norris Memorial Trophy, awarded “to the defense player who demonstrates throughout the season the greatest all-round ability in the position,” … Continue reading
Wild’s Kirill Kaprizov, Hurricanes’ Alex Nedeljkovic, Stars’ Jason Robertson Nominated For Calder Trophy
Photo: Pine Journal Minnesota Wild left wing Kirill Kaprizov, Carolina Hurricanes goaltender Alex Nedeljkovic, and Dallas Stars left wing Jason Robertson are the three finalists for the 2020‑21 Calder Memorial Trophy, awarded “to the player selected as the most proficient … Continue reading
Photo: NHL.com NEW YORK (May 18, 2021) – The National Hockey League today announced the 31 team nominees for the 2020-21 King Clancy Memorial Trophy, which is presented “to the player who best exemplifies leadership qualities on and off the ice and … Continue reading
Photo: Robb Carr/Getty Images On Monday the Washington Chapter of the Professional Hockey Writers Association announced the nomination of defenseman Zdeno Chara for the Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy, awarded for perseverance, sportsmanship, and dedication to hockey.
The NHL announced on Saturday that it will begin revealing the winners of the 2020 NHL awards beginning this Sunday. The Capitals’ John Carlson is up for this years James Norris Memorial Trophy, which will be announced during the Stanley … Continue reading
Photo: St. Louis Game Time St. Louis Blues center Ryan O’Reilly, Philadelphia Flyers center Sean Couturier, and Boston Bruins center Patrice Bergeron were nominated for the Selke Trophy on Monday. The award is given to the league’s best defensive forward.
Jets’ Connor Hellebuyck, Lightning’s Andrei Vasilevskiy, Bruins’ Tuukka Rask Nominated For Vezina Trophy
Photo: THN The NHL announced on Friday that Winnipeg Jets goaltender Connor Hellebuyck, Tampa Bay Lightning goaltender Andrei Vasilevskiy, and Boston Bruins goaltender Tuukka Rask are the nominees for the Vezina Trophy, the league’s best goaltender throughout the regular season.
Avalanche’s Nathan MacKinnon, Maple Leafs’ Auston Matthews, Blues’ Ryan O’Reilly Nominated For Lady Byng Award
Photo: NHL.com According to Sportsnet’s John Shannon, Colorado Avalanche center Nathan MacKinnon, Toronto Maple Leafs center Auston Matthews, and St. Louis Blues center Ryan O’Reilly are the nominees for the Lady Byng Trophy this season. The award is given to … Continue reading