Search NoVa Caps Site
- Capitals’ GM Brian MacLellan Says Prospect Connor McMichael May Be Brought Up for Playoffs
- Martin Fehervary Will Travel to Prague Next Week to Train With Jakub Vrana, Will Be Capitals 7th or 8th Defenseman When Play Resumes
- Carolina Hurricanes Unhappiness With League’s 24-Team Playoff Format Continues
- Vegas Golden Knights Announce New AHL Affiliate Name and Logo
- Capitals’ Prospect Connor McMichael: “We Had A Really Good Team This Year. It Sucked We Didn’t Get To Cap It Off.”
- Report: Phase 3, Training Camps Will Not Start Before July 10
- Have an Ice Day! The Ice Installation & Painting Process at Medstar Capitals Iceplex
- Mountains of Milestones: Washington Capitals Career Milestones Reached in 2019-2020
- Canadian Cities Make Plea to Canadian Prime Minister to Relax Travel Restrictions For NHL’s Hub City Requirements
- Capitals’ Alex Ovechkin: “As Soon As You Taste What Victory Is, You Just Want To Repeat Again And Again.”
Tag Archives: News
Washington Capitals defenseman Brenden Dillon talked to NBC Sports about training and how life as a hockey player has changed during the NHL pause, which has been in effect since March 12 due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Photo: Sporting News The NHL issued a new memo to teams on Friday, which stated that the 2020 NHL Draft could be done before the 2019-20 season resumes. Sportsnet’s Elliotte Freidman told NHL Network earlier this week that this draft … Continue reading
Photo: Patrick McDermott/Getty Images The NHL may be pivoting away from the possibility of playing the remainder of the 2019-20 regular season in four centralized spots, and is now looking into playing games in each team’s host city, according to … Continue reading
Photo: SI League Commissioner Gary Bettman joined NHL Network on Thursday to discuss the latest updates from the league as action has been paused since March 12 due to the coronavirus pandemic. There has been all sorts of speculation brewing … Continue reading
Photo: Patrick Smith/Getty Images The second phase for the NHL to resume the 2019-20 season, which involves players skating in small groups, may not be mandatory, the TSN panel discussed on Thursday. However, there is no guarantee that players will … Continue reading
Report: Most Popular Stanley Cup Playoff Format Involves Six Teams From Each Division Getting In If NHL Can’t Finish Regular Season
Photo: Patrick Smith/Getty Images According to Sportsnet’s Mark Spector, the most popular 2020 Stanley Cup Playoff format if the 2019-20 NHL regular season cannot finish involves the top-six teams from each division getting into the tournament.
Photo: Sporting News According to Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman, the 2020 NHL Draft will take place online after the league saw the success that the NFL had with the format last week.
Photo: USA Today The NHL will likely extend its quarantine period for players and staff until Mid-May, according to TSN’s Darren Dreger.
Photo: Patrick Smith/Getty Images The NHL has discussed the 2020-21 NHL season starting in December with the 31 teams, according to The Athletic’s Pierre LeBrun. The NHL is still hoping to play a full 82-game slate next season.
Graphic: NHL The NHL announced on Tuesday that the player development agreements have been extended for the 2020-21 season.