Search NoVa Caps Site
- Capitals’ Tom Wilson Out vs. Sabres, Connor McMichael To Make NHL Debut
- Who Is Craig Anderson? A Look At the Washington Capitals’ Newest Goaltender
- Changes To Defense, Tom Wilson Is Listed As “Day To Day” And Daniel Carr, Connor McMichael and Martin Fehervary Skate With Main Group: Saturday’s Practice Report
- Report: Blue Jackets Acquire Patrik Laine, Jack Roslovic From Jets For Pierre-Luc Dubois, Third-Round Pick
- Capitals Hold Off Sabres, 4-3, In Shootout; Jakub Vrana Gets Two Points
- Capitals’ Tom Wilson Leaves Third Period Against Sabres With Lower-Body Injury; Will Be Re-evaluated Saturday
- Sabres At Capitals: Second Period Advanced Stats
- Bruins’ Brad Marchand on Capitals’ COVID-19 Violation: “We All Know The Consequences Of Breaking The Rules…They Brought That On Themselves”
- Sabres At Capitals: First Period Advanced Stats
- Hershey Bears Release Roster For 2020-21 Training Camp
Tag Archives: News
Washington Capitals head coach Peter Laviolette announced after the team’s morning skate that goaltender Vitek Vanecek will start against the Pittsburgh Penguins at PPG Paints Arena on Tuesday night (7 PM ET, NBCSN nationally, NBC Sports Washington locally).
Photo: NHL.com The Washington Capitals announced on Tuesday afternoon that they will wear their reverse retro jersey four times this season. They will debut it during their game on Tuesday, February 9 vs. the Philadelphia Flyers.
Photo: Bridgestone Arena According to The Athletic’s Pierre LeBrun, the game between the Carolina Hurricanes and Nashville Predators scheduled for Tuesday night at Bridgestone Arena has been postponed as the Hurricanes are dealing with some COVID-19 issues.
Capitals’ Head Coach Peter Laviolette On Trevor Van Riemsdyk And Jonas Siegenthaler: “I Do Believe Those Two Players Not Playing Are NHL Defensemen”
Washington Capitals head coach Peter Laviolette said that he told some players not to practice on Monday depending on how much they played in the team’s three games in four days. Tuesday’s game at the Pittsburgh Penguins (7 PM ET, … Continue reading
Forward Carl Hagelin said on Monday that the Washington Capitals‘ locker room, which is full of veteran players, has “been good.” He thinks that defenseman Zdeno Chara has “got a great mind” and is good at calming things down in … Continue reading
Photo: Patrick McDermott/Getty Images The NHL announced on Sunday afternoon that the game between the Washington Capitals and Buffalo Sabres on Sunday, January 24 at Capital One Arena has been moved from 7 PM ET to 3 PM ET.
Daniel Sprong To Make Capitals’ Debut vs. Penguins, Conor Sheary Scratched Against Former Team; Ilya Samsonov In Net
Washington Capitals head coach Peter Laviolette announced that forward Daniel Sprong will get a chance and come into the lineup in favor of forward Conor Sheary against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Sunday (12 PM ET, NBC).
Islanders’ Semyon Varlamov Leaves Pregame Skate vs. Rangers After Taking Shot In Throat, Does Not Play
Screencap: MSG New York Islanders goaltender Semyon Varlamov left the team’s pregame skate prior to their 5-0 loss to the New York Rangers at Madison Square Garden on Saturday night after taking a shot in the lower-helmet, upper-neck part of … Continue reading
Washington Capitals head coach Peter Laviolette announced on Friday that goaltender Vitek Vanecek will make his NHL debut against the Buffalo Sabres (7 PM ET, NBC Sports Washington). “It’s a good opportunity for everyone to get in … including [Vanecek],” … Continue reading
Photo: Patrick Smith/Getty Images The NHL announced multiple changes to the 2020-21 regular-season schedule, which included moving the Boston Bruins-Washington Capitals game at Capital One Arena from Sunday, April 11 to the day before.