Search NoVa Caps Site
- Grading the Capitals’ Forwards for the 2019-2020 Season (So Far)
- Capitals’ Nick Jensen: “When You End The Season Short Like That, It’s Just Kind Of All For Nothing.”
- Final Pre-Draft Prospect Rankings From NHL Central Scouting
- Capitals’ John Carlson If or When the NHL Resumes Play: “It Will Definitely Feel Like A New Season, Almost”
- Florence Schelling Named General Manager of SC Bern
- Nic and Paige Dowd Announce Dowd’s Crowd Logo Design Contest in Honor of Autism Awareness Month
- Aliaksei Protas Named to WHL Eastern Conference First All-Star Team
- Commissioner Bettman Says NHL Still a Few Weeks Away From Deciding on Season
- Kristian Roykas-Marthinsen: Annual Review and Forecast – 2019-2020 Season
- Vegas Odds Now Against Next NHL Game Being Played Before August 1
Tag Archives: Nate Schmidt
Washington Capitals‘ captain Alex Ovechkin is still chasing 700 goals tonight, but he sent former Capital and Vegas Golden Knights’ defenseman Nate Schmidt over the boards into the Knights’ bench towards the end of the opening frame.
Photo: LVRJ With the Vegas Golden Knights in the midst of their third season as a franchise, NoVa Caps looks back at the Washington Capitals‘ protection list for the 2017 NHL Expansion Draft to see whether they might change anything … Continue reading
Photo by Patrick McDermott/NHLI via Getty Images Make no mistake about it. The Vegas Golden Knights will be looking for a heaping pile of redemption Tuesday night when they host the Washington Capitals at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. The … Continue reading
Photo: ESPN Defenseman Nate Schmidt signed a six-year contract extension worth an average annual value of $5.95 million with the Vegas Golden Knights, the team announced on Thursday morning. Schmidt, 27, could have become an unrestricted free agent on July … Continue reading
Photo: Getty Images The hockey world was shocked on Sunday when the NHL announced that Vegas Golden Knights and ex-Washington Capitals‘ defenseman Nate Schmidt was suspended 20 games for violating the league’s performance-enhancing substances program.
Golden Knights and Ex-Capitals Defenseman Nate Schmidt Suspended 20 Games By The NHL For Violating League’s Performance Enhancing Substances Program
Photo: Zimbio Vegas Golden Knights defenseman Nate Schmidt was suspended 20 games by the NHL for violating the league’s performance-enhancing substances program, the NHL announced on Sunday afternoon.
Paul Sancya/Associated Press We’ve all thought about it at one point or another since June, “I wish _____ had been on the team when the Capitals won the Stanley Cup”. It’s common to grow a personal fondness to certain players, … Continue reading
Earlier this week, for the first time since the Washington Capitals became the Eastern Conference Champions and punched their ticket to the Stanley Cup Finals, Capitals General Manager Brian MacLellan publicly addressed the media and answered questions about the state … Continue reading
Photo: @ByMHarrington One of the biggest storylines heading into the Stanley Cup Finals is Nate Schmidt going up against his old club. Schmidt spent four seasons in Washington before the team left him exposed in the expansion draft where the … Continue reading
Stanley Cup Final Preview: Alex Ovechkin Chases His First Stanley Cup as the Capitals Return to the Final for the First Time In 20 Years
The Washington Capitals are set to face the Vegas Golden Knights in the 2018 Stanley Cup Final. Continue reading