Search NoVa Caps Site
- Milestone Moments: Washington Capitals Career Milestones Reached in 2020-21
- Axel Jonsson-Fjallby: “Last Season Was My Best So Far”
- Anthony Mantha: “I’m A Little Disappointed In Myself, The Way I Played”
- Blue Jackets Promote Brad Larsen To Head Coach
- Hurricanes’ Dougie Hamilton On Five-Game Second Round Loss To Lightning: “We Lost To A Team $18 Million Over The Cap”
- Alex Ovechkin Hockey Academy To Be Built In Moscow
- Rangers’ Adam Fox, Avalanche’s Cale Makar, Lightning’s Victor Hedman Named Norris Trophy Finalists
- Dmitry Orlov’s Performance in 2021: Trending Upward
- Trade Talk: Who Could The Capitals Move In The Off-Season?
- San Jose Sharks Become First NHL Team To Accept Cryptocurrency
Tag Archives: Milestones
Photo by Patrick McDermott/NHL via Getty Images While the 2020-21 NHL season was a shorter season than normal due to the coronavirus pandemic, it was not an uneventful one for members of the Washington Capitals, as many members of the … Continue reading
Photo by Mike Stobe/NHLI via Getty Images In a “typical” season, NoVa Caps has traditionally reviewed the Washington Capitals’ performance after each quarter. With the 2020-21 season being an abbreviated 56-game season instead of the normal 82-game season, we will … Continue reading
Photo: @Capitals Washington Capitals center Evgeny Kuznetsov played his 500th career game Saturday night as the Capitals hosted the New York Rangers. The 28-year-old is the 30th player in franchise history to have played 500 games.
Alex Ovechkin scored his 717th career goal Monday night against the Sabres in Buffalo. The tally came in the waning moments of the third period, with the Capitals leading 5-0. The goal ties him with Phil Esposito for sixth place … Continue reading
Evgeny Kuznetsov recorded his 400th NHL career point on a goal at the end of the first period against the Buffalo Sabres on Monday.
John Carlson scored his 500th NHL point in Thursday night’s game against the Flyers in Philadelphia. It came on a goal by Carlson himself. It was a beauty.
In a “typical” seasons, we’ve traditionally reviewed the Capitals performance for each quarter. With the 2020-21 season being an abbreviated 56-game season instead of the normal 82-game season, we will change our tack and review the team’s performance at each … Continue reading
Capitals’ Vitek Vanecek Becomes Ninth Rookie Goalie Since 1967-68 To Start NHL Career Without A Regulation Loss In First Seven Games
Photo: Patrick McDermott/Getty Images After making 40 saves in the Washington Capitals‘ 4-3 overtime win over the Boston Bruins at Capital One Arena on Saturday night, Vitek Vanecek became the second rookie goaltender in franchise history to remain unbeaten in … Continue reading
Photo: Nick Wass/The Associated Press The 2020-21 NHL season will be a shortened thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic, with the teams playing just 56 games instead of the customary 82 games. Nonetheless, several players on the Capitals’ roster could reach … Continue reading
With longtime Washington Capitals goaltender Braden Holtby having signed a two-year contract with the Vancouver Canucks in free agency, it is now appropriate to look at the highlights of Holtby’s career with the Capitals. Since his first NHL appearance in … Continue reading