Search NoVa Caps Site
- Hockey and All That: Pre-Training Camp Edition
- Capitals’ Prospect Connor McMichael: “I Had A Really Good Offseason”
- 36 Going on “More Legendary”: A Look at Washington Capitals Icon Alex Ovechkin’s Accomplishments Up to Age 36
- Alex Ovechkin Celebrates 36th Birthday At Echostage
- Former Capitals Defenseman Zdeno Chara Signs One-Year Contract To Return To Islanders
- Future Capitals Exhibition Games In Russia Appear To Be Back On The Table
- Garin Bjorklund Is Looking Forward To Seeing Alex Ovechkin’s Shot: “It’ll Be Eye-Opening For sure”
- ESPN, TNT, ABC To Broadcast 13 Capitals Games During 2021-22 Regular Season
- Sidney Crosby Says He Hopes Alex Ovechkin Breaks Wayne Gretzky’s All-Time Goals Record
- TNT Releases Broadcast Schedule For 2021-22 Season; Capitals-Rangers Season Opener Will Be Inaugural Game Broadcast
Tag Archives: Milestones
Photo: Washington Capitals The 2021-22 NHL season should be a regular-sized season of 82 games, unlike the 2020-21 season, which was shortened to 56 games because of the COVID-19 pandemic. As the season unfolds, several players on the Capitals’ roster … Continue reading
Photo by Patrick McDermott/NHL via Getty Images While the 2020-21 NHL season was a shorter season than normal due to the coronavirus pandemic, it was not an uneventful one for members of the Washington Capitals, as many members of the … Continue reading
Photo by Mike Stobe/NHLI via Getty Images In a “typical” season, NoVa Caps has traditionally reviewed the Washington Capitals’ performance after each quarter. With the 2020-21 season being an abbreviated 56-game season instead of the normal 82-game season, we will … Continue reading
Photo: @Capitals Washington Capitals center Evgeny Kuznetsov played his 500th career game Saturday night as the Capitals hosted the New York Rangers. The 28-year-old is the 30th player in franchise history to have played 500 games.
Alex Ovechkin scored his 717th career goal Monday night against the Sabres in Buffalo. The tally came in the waning moments of the third period, with the Capitals leading 5-0. The goal ties him with Phil Esposito for sixth place … Continue reading
Evgeny Kuznetsov recorded his 400th NHL career point on a goal at the end of the first period against the Buffalo Sabres on Monday.
John Carlson scored his 500th NHL point in Thursday night’s game against the Flyers in Philadelphia. It came on a goal by Carlson himself. It was a beauty.
In a “typical” seasons, we’ve traditionally reviewed the Capitals performance for each quarter. With the 2020-21 season being an abbreviated 56-game season instead of the normal 82-game season, we will change our tack and review the team’s performance at each … Continue reading
Capitals’ Vitek Vanecek Becomes Ninth Rookie Goalie Since 1967-68 To Start NHL Career Without A Regulation Loss In First Seven Games
Photo: Patrick McDermott/Getty Images After making 40 saves in the Washington Capitals‘ 4-3 overtime win over the Boston Bruins at Capital One Arena on Saturday night, Vitek Vanecek became the second rookie goaltender in franchise history to remain unbeaten in … Continue reading
Photo: Nick Wass/The Associated Press The 2020-21 NHL season will be a shortened thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic, with the teams playing just 56 games instead of the customary 82 games. Nonetheless, several players on the Capitals’ roster could reach … Continue reading