Search NoVa Caps Site
- NHL and National Gaming Association Announce New Partnership
- 2020 Offseason Report Cards: Pacific Division
- Wayne Gretzky Selling California Mansion For $22.9 Million (Photos)
- Former Capitals Prospect Connor Hobbs Retires from Professional Hockey
- Newly-Hired Capitals’ Assistant Coach Kevin McCarthy: “There’s More To Lavi’s System Than Just Offense…Defense Wins Championships”
- NHL Announces Postponements For Winter Classic and All-Star Weekend
- Television Ratings For All Sports Are Down, But Experts Advise, Don’t Read Too Much Into it…Yet
- A Tale of Two Alex’s: Former Capital Alexander Semin And Current Capitals Prospect Alexander Alexeyev Face Off in KHL Action
- Capitals Re-sign Jonas Siegenthaler To One-Year, $800,000 Contract
- 2020 Offseason Report Cards: Central Division
Tag Archives: Mike Richards
Photo by Jim McIsaac/Getty Images Never really a part of the Alex Ovechkin’s game, the Great 8 has dropped the gloves just four times in his lengthy career. Here’s a recap of the Ovechkin fight card to date.
Similar Paths, Diverging Course: The Washington Capitals, the Philadelphia Flyers, and The Road Not Taken
Graphic: @epoole88 There are times after a particularly traumatic Stanley Cup Playoff exit that ends a team’s season prematurely, in which fans and some pundits insist that the team in question needs a culture change, from suggestions to trade the … Continue reading
Photo: KSNV Brian MacLellan’s off-season moves this summer have drawn a lot of attention, as the Capitals are beginning to retool the team and make roster changes to adhere to the salary cap. In addition to the off-season moves, it’s … Continue reading
In an interview with his home town media outlet, Richards spoke about his time in Washington, and the next steps for the 31-year-old.
With the first Capitals playoff game 48 hours away, there will be lots of excitement for both teams and possibly even some added inspiration for the Flyers after the passing of owner Ed Snider Monday. NoVa Caps is taking a look at some … Continue reading
Photo by Andre Ringuette/NHLI via Getty Images The Washington Capitals beat the Ottawa Senators 4-2 on Tuesday night at the Canadian Tire Centre in Ottawa. The win raised the Caps record to 52-15-5 (109 points) . The win also clinched the Metropolitan Division title … Continue reading
The signing of three-time Stanley Cup champion Justin Williams to a two-year, $6.25 million contract in free agency (a deal many considered to be a steal, considering the then- 33-year old’s pedigree) was a blessing for the Capitals.
In hockey, the first-line is usually the one that is credited with giving the opposition fits, the one that causes a disruption on the ice. When the Capitals swapped Brooks Laich’s massive cap hit ($4.5 million) for Daniel Winnik’s reasonable … Continue reading
Patrick Smith/Getty Images The Washington Capitals beat the Pittsburgh Penguins 3-2 on Tuesday night at Verizon Center. With the win, the Capitals record improves to a league-best 46-12-4 (96 points). The loss dropped the Penguins record to 32-22-8 (72 points). The Capitals next … Continue reading
Patrick McDermott/NHLI via Getty Images The Washington Capitals beat the Arizona Coyotes, 3-2 on Monday night at Verizon Center. The Capitals record improves to a league-best 44-10-4 (92 points). The Coyotes record falls to 27-26-6. The Capitals next host the Montreal Canadiens on Wednesday night … Continue reading