Search NoVa Caps Site
- Washington at Pittsburgh Series Preview: Capitals Continue Road Trip vs. Penguins
- Islanders’ Semyon Varlamov Leaves Pregame Skate vs. Rangers After Taking Shot In Throat, Does Not Play
- The Goal: Retro Recap – Washington Capitals at Phoenix Coyotes – January 16, 2006
- Capitals’ Vitek Vanecek on NHL Debut, 2-1 Victory Over Sabres: “The Dream Came True”
- Vitek Vanecek Wins In NHL Debut, 2-1; Czech Mate Jakub Vrana Scores Second Goal In First Two Games
- Capitals’ Head Coach Peter Laviolette Says Connor McMichael Will Join The Team Following Quarantine
- Vitek Vanecek Will Make First Career NHL Start Friday Night In Buffalo
- NHL Reschedules Capitals-Bruins Game In April
- Television Ratings For Return Of NHL Are Up, Set Records
- No Hearing For Nic Dowd’s Hit To Eric Staal
Tag Archives: Mike Richards
Beginnings With Bruce and Backstrom Birthday Heroics — Retro Recap: Washington Capitals @ Philadelphia Flyers – November 23, 2007
Jim McIsaac/Getty Images During the Thanksgiving time frame, Caps fans remember past games that took place around that holiday. They were especially memorable in 2007. This post looks at the game between the Washington Capitals and Philadelphia Flyers that took … Continue reading
Photo by Jim McIsaac/Getty Images Never really a part of the Alex Ovechkin’s game, the Great 8 has dropped the gloves just four times in his lengthy career. Here’s a recap of the Ovechkin fight card to date.
Similar Paths, Diverging Course: The Washington Capitals, the Philadelphia Flyers, and The Road Not Taken
Graphic: @epoole88 There are times after a particularly traumatic Stanley Cup Playoff exit that ends a team’s season prematurely, in which fans and some pundits insist that the team in question needs a culture change, from suggestions to trade the … Continue reading
Photo: KSNV Brian MacLellan’s off-season moves this summer have drawn a lot of attention, as the Capitals are beginning to retool the team and make roster changes to adhere to the salary cap. In addition to the off-season moves, it’s … Continue reading
In an interview with his home town media outlet, Richards spoke about his time in Washington, and the next steps for the 31-year-old.
With the first Capitals playoff game 48 hours away, there will be lots of excitement for both teams and possibly even some added inspiration for the Flyers after the passing of owner Ed Snider Monday. NoVa Caps is taking a look at some … Continue reading
Photo by Andre Ringuette/NHLI via Getty Images The Washington Capitals beat the Ottawa Senators 4-2 on Tuesday night at the Canadian Tire Centre in Ottawa. The win raised the Caps record to 52-15-5 (109 points) . The win also clinched the Metropolitan Division title … Continue reading
The signing of three-time Stanley Cup champion Justin Williams to a two-year, $6.25 million contract in free agency (a deal many considered to be a steal, considering the then- 33-year old’s pedigree) was a blessing for the Capitals.
In hockey, the first-line is usually the one that is credited with giving the opposition fits, the one that causes a disruption on the ice. When the Capitals swapped Brooks Laich’s massive cap hit ($4.5 million) for Daniel Winnik’s reasonable … Continue reading
Patrick Smith/Getty Images The Washington Capitals beat the Pittsburgh Penguins 3-2 on Tuesday night at Verizon Center. With the win, the Capitals record improves to a league-best 46-12-4 (96 points). The loss dropped the Penguins record to 32-22-8 (72 points). The Capitals next … Continue reading