Search NoVa Caps Site
- WAR! What Is It Good For? Projecting the Metro Division Standings by Expected WAR Standings Point Projections
- Capitals Assistant Coach Reid Cashman Gives “Building Deception In Your D[efense]” Presentation At 2019 Coaches Conference
- Baby Capital on the Way: Nic Dowd and Wife Paige Announce They Are Expecting Their First Child
- Kunlun Red Star (KHL) Signs Dávid Bondra To Professional Tryout Contract
- Capitals Get Bigger, Grittier With Offseason Additions
- St. Louis Blues’ Championship Run Foreshadowed by Past Runs of their Predecessors in Washington
- Bears Sign Tariq Hammond To One-Year AHL Contract
- Report: Ron Francis To Be Named Seattle’s First GM In Franchise History Later This Week
- What’s Next for the Capitals in Free Agency?
- Martin Fehérváry: “My Childhood Dream Would Come True” [Translated Interview]
Tag Archives: Mike Richards
Photo: KSNV Brian MacLellan’s off-season moves this summer have drawn a lot of attention, as the Capitals are beginning to retool the team and make roster changes to adhere to the salary cap. In addition to the off-season moves, it’s … Continue reading
In an interview with his home town media outlet, Richards spoke about his time in Washington, and the next steps for the 31-year-old.
With the first Capitals playoff game 48 hours away, there will be lots of excitement for both teams and possibly even some added inspiration for the Flyers after the passing of owner Ed Snider Monday. NoVa Caps is taking a look at some … Continue reading
Photo by Andre Ringuette/NHLI via Getty Images The Washington Capitals beat the Ottawa Senators 4-2 on Tuesday night at the Canadian Tire Centre in Ottawa. The win raised the Caps record to 52-15-5 (109 points) . The win also clinched the Metropolitan Division title … Continue reading
The signing of three-time Stanley Cup champion Justin Williams to a two-year, $6.25 million contract in free agency (a deal many considered to be a steal, considering the then- 33-year old’s pedigree) was a blessing for the Capitals.
In hockey, the first-line is usually the one that is credited with giving the opposition fits, the one that causes a disruption on the ice. When the Capitals swapped Brooks Laich’s massive cap hit ($4.5 million) for Daniel Winnik’s reasonable … Continue reading
Patrick Smith/Getty Images The Washington Capitals beat the Pittsburgh Penguins 3-2 on Tuesday night at Verizon Center. With the win, the Capitals record improves to a league-best 46-12-4 (96 points). The loss dropped the Penguins record to 32-22-8 (72 points). The Capitals next … Continue reading
Patrick McDermott/NHLI via Getty Images The Washington Capitals beat the Arizona Coyotes, 3-2 on Monday night at Verizon Center. The Capitals record improves to a league-best 44-10-4 (92 points). The Coyotes record falls to 27-26-6. The Capitals next host the Montreal Canadiens on Wednesday night … Continue reading
AP Photo / Alex Brandon The Washington Capitals held their final practice before the All-Start break this morning. The team finalized preparations for their game against the Philadelphia Flyers tonight at Verizon Center. Puck-drop is 8:00 PM, and will be … Continue reading
Kevin Hoffman/USA Today Sports While he has yet to register a point in his Capitals career, veteran center Mike Richards has played surprisingly well, albeit rusty, in the three games he’s played.