Search NoVa Caps Site
- Report: NHL, Players’ Association Discussing January 15 Opening Night
- Alex Ovechkin Met With Head Of Russian Olympic Committee On Wednesday
- KHL President Gives Update on COVID-19 Status In League: 507 Total Cases To Date, 486 Have Recovered, 21 Currently Sick With Virus
- Three New Designs From NoVa Caps!
- Vegas Releases Odds To Win The 2020-21 Hart Memorial Trophy
- Henrik Lundqvist Pleased With First Workouts In Washington
- Maruk Flies High Against the Jets: Retro Recap – Washington Capitals vs Winnipeg Jets – December 4, 1981
- At Least Four NHL Teams Considering Playing Outdoor Home Games For 2020-21 Season
- Pierre McGuire Now Offering Personalized Video Messages For Purchase
- AHL, Genius Sports Group Form Partnership To Bring Betting To AHL
Tag Archives: Michal Kempny
After the Washington Capitals re-signed defenseman Brenden Dillon to a four-year contract before he could have hit the unrestricted free agent market, the team has four left-handed defensemen on one-way contracts: Dillon, Dmitry Orlov, Jonas Siegenthaler, and Michal Kempny. In … Continue reading
Earlier this month the Washington Capitals announced that defenseman Michal Kempny had suffered his second severe leg injury in the last eighteen months, this time to an Achilles’ tendon. The announcement added that Kempny had already undergone successful surgery to … Continue reading
Photo: Newsbreak After allowing an average of 3.32 goals-per-game from December 8 on during the regular season (the third-worst in the NHL and the worst among teams that participated in the 2020 Stanley Cup Qualifiers), the Washington Capitals made some … Continue reading
Photo: @Capitals The Washington Capitals announced on Tuesday evening that defenseman Michal Kempny will miss 6-8 months after undergoing surgery on his Achilles tendon. That would put him on track to return sometime in between April and June 2021.
Fortunately for the Washington Capitals, they were the healthiest team in the NHL last season when it comes to total man-games lost. Unfortunately for the Capitals the healthy season and opportunity was ultimately squandered in the postseason. Here is our … Continue reading
Photo: Courier-Post Monday night the NHL and the Professional Hockey Writers Association announced that the Ottawa Senators’ Bobby Ryan has been awarded the 2019-20 Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy. Ryan left the Senators in late November to enter the NHL/NHLPA player … Continue reading
Photo: @Capitals The Washington Capitals have taken the ice for pregame warmups for Game 4 at Scotiabank Arena. Todd Reirden has released his starting lines and defensive pairs for the game:
Siegenthaler, Kempny Benched; Fehervary, Gudas In; Boyd Out, Pinho In; Backstrom Out: Line Changes For Game 3
Trailing 2-0 in their first round best-of-seven series with the New York Islanders, Capitals head coach Todd Reirden felt it was time to make some changes with his starting lineup.
Photos: @Capitals The Washington Capitals held their first practice inside the bubble in Toronto on Monday. The Capitals will practice again on Tuesday before they face the Carolina Hurricanes in their only exhibition game on Wednesday. Things get real for … Continue reading
Photo: nhl.com/capitals At a distance, it’s difficult to estimate the status of the 20-year-old defenseman. He is one of several young Capitals prospects looking to join a loaded Washington line-up and one of the favorites to win the Stanley Cup. … Continue reading