Search NoVa Caps Site
- 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Western Conference Preview
- Analytical Preview: Washington Capitals Face New York Islanders in First Round Matchup
- Eastern Conference First Round Preview
- Capitals’ Head Coach Todd Reirden on Heading Into Wednesday’s Game 1 Vs. Islanders: “It’s Up To Us To Continue To Find Ways To Manufacture Offense The Best Way We Can”
- Capitals’ Nicklas Backstrom: “If We’re Not Ready, That’s Going To Be A Quick Exit… That’s Not Our Plan”
- Rangers Win Phase Two Of NHL Draft Lottery, Will Pick First Overall
- Vegas Knights, Colorado Avalanche Current Favorites To Win It All: Latest Odds To Win Stanley Cup
- No NHL Players Have Tested Positive For COVID-19 Since Entering the Toronto and Edmonton Bubbles Two Weeks Ago
- Washington Capitals Announce ALL CAPS 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs Initiatives For Fans
- Barry Trotz: “I Think It’ll Be A Hell Of A Series”
Tag Archives: KHL
Photo: @Capitals The COVID-19 pandemic continues to affect developmental hockey league operations throughout North America. In the last week the AHL, OHL and WHL have formally announced lengthy delays to the start of the 2020-21 seasons, with those dates potentially … Continue reading
On Tuesday, former Washington Capitals forward Brendan Leipsic signed a one-year deal with CSKA Moscow of the KHL, the Russian team announced. On May 8, the Capitals placed Leipsic on unconditional waivers for the purpose of contract termination. He cleared waivers the … Continue reading
HC Vityaz of the KHL typically conducts “Ask a Question” sessions during each off-season, where fans can submit questions to a designated player. This week their Captain and former Washington Capital Alexander Semin answered questions. Many of the questions and … Continue reading
Photo: Prince Albert Raiders The scrambling has begun. Young hockey players across the globe are beginning to look at playing options for the coming season. With some leagues not likely to restart play until fans can return to the games, … Continue reading
Former Washington Capitals Winger Dmitrij Jaskin Is Now The Second Highest Paid Player in KHL: Salaries For Top KHL Players
The Russian media outlet Sport Express released the top 71 salaries in the KHL earlier this week. Several former NHL players made the list, including a former Washington Capitals forward.
The Kontinental Hockey League (KHL) announced the winners of their league awards for ther 2019-20 season on Monday. Among the winners were former Capitals players, Dmitrij Jaskin and Alexander Semin.
After two of the final eight playoff teams withdrew from the second round of the KHL playoffs last week due to COVID-19 virus concerns, the KHL suspended the 2020 Gagarin Cup playoffs for one week in order to reorganize the … Continue reading
On Tuesday, the Kontinental Hockey League (KHL) announced the league would be extending their suspension of the Gagarin Cup playoffs until April 10th.
The KHL’s Podolsk Vityaz announced on Friday morning that captain Alex Semin will miss the rest of the season, including the 2020 Gagarin Cup Playoffs, due to a lower-body injury suffered on Thursday.
Stars Shine At KHL All-Star Skills Competition; Former Capitals Alexander Semin and Dmitrij Jaskin Participate
Yury Kuzmin/KHL The NHL is currently gearing up for the 2020 All-Star Game (featuring Capitals Head Coach Todd Reirden, defenseman John Carlson, goaltender Braden Holtby, and right wing T.J. Oshie), which is set to take place this weekend (January 25-26) … Continue reading