Search NoVa Caps Site
- Capitals Recall Daniel Carr, Michael Sgarbossa From Taxi Squad; Loan Connor McMichael, Brian Pinho To Taxi Squad
- Capitals’ John Carlson On Missing Four Top Players: “I Think It Helps Them… It Gives Us A Lot Of Confidence”
- Coaching Clashes: Pierre-Luc Dubois The Latest In Coach-Player Saga in John Tortorella’s Time In Columbus
- Lars Eller Texts Capitals’ Team Chef Rob For Most Of His Meals At Home
- Report: Patrik Laine Revealed Reason for Leaving Winnipeg – Rude Treatment in Locker Room
- Capitals Lines At Morning Skate: Tom Wilson Skates, Michael Sgarbossa Recalled
- New York at Washington Series Preview: Peter Laviolette Clashes With Barry Trotz For First Time As Capitals’ Coach In 2020 First-Round Rematch
- Gr8 Endurance: Appreciating Alex Ovechkin’s Longevity Compared to His Peers – Early 2021
- Capitals’ Tom Wilson: “The Points Are More Important Now Than Ever”
- Capitals’ Head Coach Peter Laviolette: “We’re Still Ways To Go From Feeling Very Comfortable With It”
Tag Archives: Kelly Miller
Hunting For 1,000 Points – Retro Recap: Washington Capitals vs Philadelphia Flyers – January 9, 1998
Getty Images In early January 1998, the Philadelphia Flyers arrived in Washington to play the Capitals in their first visit to the Nation’s capital since the Capitals had moved from U.S. Air Arena (long-known as the Capital Centre) in Landover, … Continue reading
NHL Under normal circumstances, barring strikes, lockouts, or pandemics, the NHL would be just over a month into the season in mid-November. This post looks at a Capitals’ game from mid-November during the 1997-98 season, specifically their game against the … Continue reading
Nam Yuh/Associated Press November 11 is an important day in history. On November 11, 1918, Germany signed the armistice agreement with the Allies to end World War I. The anniversary of that date was commemorated by Armistice Day, eventually known … Continue reading
The Washington Capitals Alumni Association hosted the annual Alumni Summer Classic Game Tuesday night at MedStar Capitals Iceplex. NoVa Caps photojournalist Joe Noyes was in hand to capture a few of the images from this year’s event.
Photo: @MonSportsNetwork The 2019 Capitals Alumni Classic took place Tuesday night at MedStar Capitals Iceplex. A reasonably large crowd was in hand for this annual summer tradition. NoVa Caps’ Diane Doyle was in attendance to recap the game.
Photo: NHL/Getty Images While still basking in the silver shine of a Stanley Cup victory, the attention of many Capitals fans has shifted to looking ahead to the future. There are contracts to sign and coaches to choose. Young players … Continue reading
Photos: Getty Images Twenty years ago, the Capitals were preparing to embark on one of the most memorable and unprecedented seasons in the history of the franchise. However, judging from the events that occurred that offseason, very few fans and analysts would … Continue reading
One of the most anticipated events of Washington Capitals Fan Fest 2017 was the Alumni Game which took place Tuesday evening. Caps alumni were divided into two teams: Red and White. They played three 15-minute periods with 10-minute intermissions between.
Monumental Sports The Capitals have had many standout players in their 42-year history, and one of the most recognizable names on that list is Kelly Miller. In this piece, NoVa Caps takes a look back on the career of one … Continue reading
The Capitals hit the ice this morning to ring in the new year. Their resolution? Win a Stanley Cup for the championship-starved faithful of Washington, D.C. Coming off a big 6-2 win to get payback over the Devils, the Capitals … Continue reading