Search NoVa Caps Site
- Manning the Pipes: Who Should Start in Goal For The Washington Capitals?
- NHL’s Participation in 2022, 2026 Olympics is On the Table in Proposed CBA Discussions
- Hershey Bears Sign College Free Agent Will Graber
- Report: Edmonton, Toronto Awarded Two Hub Cities For 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs Barring Any “Last-Minute Complications”
- How Will NHL Playoff Games Look and Sound on Television?
- Braden Holtby Returns To ‘Tattoo Paradise’ For New Ink
- Report: Both Hub Cities For 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs Likely To Be In Canada
- Ranking The Most Favorable First-Round Matchups For The Capitals
- Vegas Odds For Who Will Be the Eastern Conference’s Top Seed
- Who’s That in the Stands? European, Australian Sports Leagues Use Cardboard Cutouts to Recreate Fan Experience
Tag Archives: Justin Green
For a large chunk of the beginning of this regular season, the defensive pairings have been Matt Niskanen with Karl Alzner, John Carlson with Dmitry Orlov, and Brooks Orpik with either Nate Schmidt or Taylor Chorney. The defensive pairings were … Continue reading
Photo: RobbCarr/Getty Images The Washington Capitals downed the Boston Bruins last night 4-3 in overtime after giving up a three goal lead. Washington didn’t get the W the way they wanted to, but in this competitive Eastern Conference, the Capitals … Continue reading
Patrick Smith/Getty Images It’s no secret that the Capitals’ special teams haven’t been performing as well as they had in years prior. In fact, since the all-star break last season, the Caps’ power play and penalty kill have been relatively … Continue reading
The Capitals play a game style that doesn’t rely on goaltending too much. Washington currently has the third fewest Shot Attempts Against and fifth fewest Unblocked Shot Attempts Against. They’ve done a good job at keeping the opponents around the … Continue reading
With injuries hitting the Caps for the first time this season, more responsibility is falling into the laps of the depth players in the line-up. Daniel Winnik, who has been a healthy scratch for plenty of games this year so … Continue reading
Caps Right Winger, T.J. Oshie, sustained an upper body injury in the match up against the Detroit Red Wings. Oshie, who has scored 12 points in 17 games so far this season, had been listed as week-to-week for his undisclosed … Continue reading
The Capitals’ defensive spotlight this year has been all Matt Niskanen and Karl Alzner, and rightfully so. Niskanen and Alzner average the most ice-time per game out of all of the Caps’ blue-liners, they combine for 13 points in 18 … Continue reading
Patrick McDermott/NHLI via Getty Images Justin Green breaks down the “game tape” and assesses how the Capitals dominated in last night’s 7-1 blowout victory over the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Photo by Chase Agnello-Dean/NHLI via Getty Images Despite needing an overtime win to end the game last night in Chicago, the Caps had one of their best games of the season. Here are ten reasons why they played so well: