Search NoVa Caps Site
- From Screaming Eagle to Reverse Retro: What’s Your Favorite Washington Capitals Jersey? (Poll)
- Capitals Defense: Individual Player Performance After 24 Games
- Capitals Shoot Down Flyers, 3-1; Alex Ovechkin Scores Goal #714
- Number One For No. 3! Nick Jensen Scores His First Goal As A Washington Capital Against the Philadelphia Flyers
- Capitals’ Alex Ovechkin Scores Career Goal No. 714; Four Goals Shy of Passing Phil Esposito For Sixth-Most Goals in NHL History
- Martin Fehervary Scores Game Winning Goal In Bears 4-3 Overtime Victory Over Devils
- Report: Capitals’ Tom Wilson Will Not Appeal Seven-Game Suspension
- Ilya Samsonov Starts In Goal, New Lines: News From Capitals Morning Skate
- Capitals’ Tom Wilson Suspended Seven Games For Boarding Bruins’ Brandon Carlo
- Washington at Philadelphia Series Preview: Capitals And Flyers Face-off Three Times This Week
Tag Archives: Jonas Siegenthaler
The Washington Capitals have now played 24 games of their 56-game regular season schedule. Our last review of the Capitals’ defense was conducted back on February 12, after the first 12 games and 20+ percent of the season were complete. With … Continue reading
The Washington Capitals are now 12 games (20+%) into their abbreviated 56-game regular season schedule and currently sit in third place in the East Division, five points behind the Boston Bruins.
Capitals’ Head Coach Peter Laviolette: “We’re Still Ways To Go From Feeling Very Comfortable With It”
Washington Capitals head coach Peter Laviolette told the media that he will wait to see how forward Tom Wilson, who missed Sunday’s 4-3 shootout loss to the Buffalo Sabres on Sunday with a lower-body injury, feels on Tuesday prior to … Continue reading
The Washington Capitals held their game day morning skate at 10:30 a.m. this morning at MedStar Capitals Iceplex. The Capitals will host the Buffalo Sabres tonight in their season home opener at Capital One Arena. Puck drop set for 7:07 p.m.
Photo: Joe Sargent/Getty Images After allowing an average of 3.44 goals-per-game in the final 32 games of the 2019-20 regular season and signing four defensemen in the offseason, the Washington Capitals have allowed at least three goals in three of … Continue reading
Capitals’ Head Coach Peter Laviolette On Trevor Van Riemsdyk And Jonas Siegenthaler: “I Do Believe Those Two Players Not Playing Are NHL Defensemen”
Washington Capitals head coach Peter Laviolette said that he told some players not to practice on Monday depending on how much they played in the team’s three games in four days. Tuesday’s game at the Pittsburgh Penguins (7 PM ET, … Continue reading
The Washington Capitals were back to work Saturday morning at MedStar Capitals Iceplex following a day off on Friday. The team will hold one more scrimmage Sunday afternoon and then begin to finalize their opening night roster. The season opens … Continue reading
Washington Capitals defenseman Jonas Siegenthaler thinks that the competition on a crowded blueline is “a good thing [because it] keeps you on [your] toes every practice.” He feels like there is “a pretty healthy competition here right now.”
Photo: NHL.com The Washington Capitals announced on Wednesday night that they have re-signed defenseman Jonas Siegenthaler to a one-year contract worth $800,000 contract. The 23-year-old became a restricted free agent on October 9.
Photo: Newsbreak After allowing an average of 3.32 goals-per-game from December 8 on during the regular season (the third-worst in the NHL and the worst among teams that participated in the 2020 Stanley Cup Qualifiers), the Washington Capitals made some … Continue reading