Search NoVa Caps Site
- Home Cooking and A Hat Trick: Retro Recap: Atlanta Thrashers @ Washington Capitals, November 26, 2008
- New York Islanders Defenseman Johnny Boychuk’s Career Has Come To An End, Due To Eye Injury Suffered During 2019-20 Regular Season
- Capitals Prospect Alex Alexeyev Scores Two Goals In First Six Minutes Of Game
- The Case For Daniel Carr To Earn A Roster Spot With The Capitals
- Could 2020-21 Be Lars Eller’s Last Season With The Capitals?
- Team Canada Postpones Third Scrimmage After Two Players Test Positive For COVID-19
- Golden Knights, Blue Jackets Close Facilities After Multiple Positive COVID-19 Tests
- Kendall Coyne Schofield Hired as Player Development Coach By Chicago Blackhawks
- Jaromir Jagr Believes Alex Ovechkin Can Break Wayne Gretzky’s Record
- Former Capitals’ Forward Joel Ward Named Assistant Coach For AHL’s Silver Knights
Tag Archives: Jonas Siegenthaler
Photo: NHL.com The Washington Capitals announced on Wednesday night that they have re-signed defenseman Jonas Siegenthaler to a one-year contract worth $800,000 contract. The 23-year-old became a restricted free agent on October 9.
Photo: Newsbreak After allowing an average of 3.32 goals-per-game from December 8 on during the regular season (the third-worst in the NHL and the worst among teams that participated in the 2020 Stanley Cup Qualifiers), the Washington Capitals made some … Continue reading
The Washington Capitals tendered qualifying offers to two restricted free agents ahead of Wednesday’s deadline (5 PM ET) to issue them. They extended offers to defenseman Jonas Siegenthaler and forward Shane Gersich. Center Travis Boyd did not receive a qualifying … Continue reading
One of the most glaring issues with the Washington Capitals during the 2019-20 season was the performance of the team’s defense. The team struggled to find consistency on the back-end, resulting in then head coach Todd Reirden regularly mixing up … Continue reading
Yet another Washington Capitals season has ended in disappointing fashion (most of them do, that’s sports.) This year’s offseason will be critical in terms of addressing needs and reshaping the team, as there are many areas of concern that need … Continue reading
Siegenthaler, Kempny Benched; Fehervary, Gudas In; Boyd Out, Pinho In; Backstrom Out: Line Changes For Game 3
Trailing 2-0 in their first round best-of-seven series with the New York Islanders, Capitals head coach Todd Reirden felt it was time to make some changes with his starting lineup.
“It’ll Hopefully Be A Long Run For Us”: Evgeny Kuznetsov and Jonas Siegenthaler Speak to the Media Before the Start of the Stanley Cup Playoffs
With the 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs less than 24 hours away, the Washington Capitals are getting used to life in the hub city bubble and gearing up for their first meaningful game action in over four months. On Sunday, members … Continue reading
Capitals’ Jonas Siegenthaler: “You Do Anything To Win Those Games. I Feel Like I’m Well Prepared. Everyone’s Well Prepared.”
After his Washington Capitals teammates said that he liked board games, defenseman Jonas Siegenthaler said, “I don’t have them here,” but he will have to get some. “It’s always fun to play board games,” he continued, adding that he liked … Continue reading
International travel has always been a pain in the proverbial caboose. But for those Washington Capitals players returning from Europe during the current global pandemic, it’s been a next-level pain.
Jonas Siegenthaler Pleased Capitals Have Indicated They Want To Re-sign Him: “That Gives Me A Certain Security”
As we noted in an earlier piece last week, there were strict rules for Jonas Siegenthaler after returning to Washington from Zurich last week. He was required to quarantine for seven days and may only start training after four negative … Continue reading