Search NoVa Caps Site
- NHL Announces Postponements For Winter Classic and All-Star Weekend
- Television Ratings For All Sports Are Down, But Experts Advise, Don’t Read Too Much Into it….Yet.
- A Tale of Two Alex’s: Former Capital Alexander Semin And Current Capitals Prospect Alexander Alexeyev Face Off in KHL Action
- Capitals Re-sign Jonas Siegenthaler To One-Year, $800,000 Contract
- 2020 Offseason Report Cards: Central Division
- Capitals Name Kevin McCarthy Assistant Coach; Blaine Forsythe, Scott Arniel Will Remain On Peter Laviolette’s Staff
- Former Capitals’ Video Coach Tim Ohashi, Athletic Trainer Mike Booi Hired By Kraken
- Axel Jonsson-Fjallby Scores Two Goals And An Assist For Vasterviks IK
- Report: “No Answer” On Whether NHL Players’ Salaries Will Be Prorated
- A Look At The Best Trade Acquisitions Of The 2019-20 NHL Season
Tag Archives: John Tortorella
The NHL announced on Wednesday evening that Bruce Cassidy of the Boston Bruins won the 2019-20 Jack Adams Award.
Blue Jackets’ Head Coach John Tortorella Fined $25,000 For Conduct During Media Availability on August 19
Photo: Jerome Miron/USA Today Sports The NHL announced on Tuesday afternoon that Columbus Blue Jackets’ head coach John Tortorella has been fined $25,000 for his conduct during a media availability on August 19 following the team’s Game 5 loss to … Continue reading
Blue Jackets’ Head Coach John Tortorella Walks Away From Postgame Media Availability After Two Questions
Screencap: Sportsnet After a 5-4 overtime loss to the Tampa Bay Lightning in Game 5 and elimination from the 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs, Columbus Blue Jackets’ head coach John Tortorella pulled a very Tortorella thing to do during Wednesday’s postgame … Continue reading
Photo: @Capitals The Capitals returned to practice at the Ford Performance Centre in Toronto Thursday afternoon following their 3-2 win over the Carolina Hurricanes on Wednesday. The Capitals will be off on Friday, then hold two more practice sessions before … Continue reading
NEW YORK (July 15, 2020) – Bruce Cassidy of the Boston Bruins, John Tortorella of the Columbus Blue Jackets and Alain Vigneault of the Philadelphia Flyers are the three finalists for the 2019-20 Jack Adams Award, presented to the head coach who has “contributed the most to his team’s success,” the National Hockey … Continue reading
NHL training camps are scheduled to open on July 10 at the designated home base (hub city) for each of the playoff teams, with playoffs anticipated to start sometime in August. One potential concern is that coaches could be very … Continue reading
The NHL paused its 2019-20 season back on March 12 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. As you may recall, just prior to the pause, many Capitals fans were calling for the Capitals to replace Todd Reirden, as the team continued … Continue reading
You might ask yourself, what’s the value in pinpointing a specific game or set of games that might accurately represent a demarcation point or a change in trajectory of a team’s performance. If a team is struggling, the reasoning and … Continue reading
Columbus Blue Jackets head coach John Tortorella has been fined $20,000 for comments following the Blackhawks and Blue Jackets game on Columbus on Sunday, Dec. 29, the National Hockey League announced today.
After two games of each playoff series, the 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs are looking a bit unpredictable. Continue reading