Search NoVa Caps Site
- The Hope to Have Fans Back in Arenas and Stadiums by August or September: News from President Trump’s Call with Major-League Sports Commissioners
- Connor McMichael: Annual Review and Forecast – 2019-2020 Season
- Climactic Clinching at Home – Retro Recap: Washington Capitals vs Florida Panthers – April 5, 2008
- Some NHL Players Are Considering Foregoing Their Final Check of the Season, Which Comes April 15
- Benton Maass: Annual Review and Forecast -2019-2020 Season
- Islanders President Lou Lamoriello ‘Extremely Optimistic’ 2019-2020 NHL Season Will Resume
- “My Wife Hates When I Play Candy Crush” – Alex Ovechkin Talks What Drives Wife Nastya Crazy, How Many Goals He Needs to Feel He’s Done his Job, and More in Interview
- Golden Knights’ Chandler Stephenson & Girlfriend Tasha Maltman Participate in The Front Steps Project
- If the Stanley Cup Playoffs Began Today, Which Teams Would Be the Favorites To Win?
- Barry Trotz Reflects on Time Spent Coaching Alex Ovechkin
Tag Archives: John Erskine
Photo: Flickr This past decade was one that Washington Capitals fans will remember for the rest of their lives with nine Stanley Cup Playoff appearances, three Presidents’ Trophies, and one Stanley Cup under their belt. In the closing hours of … Continue reading
Photo: CBS Sports While the NHL has tried to discourage fighting for quite some time, players around the league haven’t been afraid to drop the mitts when they think it’s necessary, including members of the Washington Capitals. Capitals fans have … Continue reading
Photo: The Queen’s Journal Former Washington Capitals defenseman John Erskine was severely injured in a highway accident that took place in the early morning on Wednesday, his former agent told TSN.
Photo by Rob Carr/Getty Images After news broke Friday night that the Capitals re-signed Tom Wilson for six more seasons, I began to think about a few of my favorite Wilson scraps during his first contract with the Capitals. I … Continue reading
Photo: Patrick Kennedy/The Whig-Standard Last week we relayed to you the news that former Capitals Defenseman John Erskine has accepted an assistant coaching position with Queens University, in his hometown of Kingston, Ontario. This is Erskine’s first coaching job at … Continue reading
Former Capitals Defenseman John Erskine Joins Queens University Men’s Hockey Team As Assistant Coach
Rob Carr/Getty Images Whether a superstar or role player, many NHL players go on to pursue careers in coaching, oftentimes joining an NHL, minor league team, or even college teams. Add former Capitals defenseman John Erskine to the latter.
Photo: Ted Leonsis It’s simply a fact of life. Having to say a final “goodbye” to people or things that are important to us is just inevitable. It’s happens to us in all walks of life, and sports are no … Continue reading
Elsa/Getty Images There is no question, this season has brought a ton of excitement to Capitals fans world-wide. The team is off to its best start in franchise history, not to mention the best start in NHL history. However, the past year … Continue reading
(Photo: CSN Washington) In 2006, then-Capitals General Manager George McPhee signed a defenseman by the name of John Erskine as a free agent. A former second-round pick by the Dallas Stars in 1998 (39th overall), Erskine was unknown to most … Continue reading