Search NoVa Caps Site
- Capitals Re-sign Carl Hagelin
- “We Could Have Had…?!”: Washington Capitals Draft Day Regrets – 2000 Through 2010
- A Retrospective On The Last Decade of Draft Picks by the Washington Capitals
- On the Clock at 25: Who Could the Capitals Pick With This Selection at the 2019 NHL Draft?
- Report: Capitals Are “In Total ‘Go For It’ Mode”
- Thank You Nisky!: A Tribute to Matt Niskanen
- A Deeper Dive Into The Capitals’ Latest Acquisition, Radko Gudas
- Capitals Acquire Radko Gudas From Flyers In Exchange For Matt Niskanen
- Capitals Announce Fan Activities During Development Camp
- Blues Beat Bruins, 4-1, In Game 7 To Win Stanley Cup For First Time In Franchise History
Tag Archives: Jim McCarthy
Photo: NHL via Getty Images The NHL enacted five rule changes to start the 2017-2018 hockey season. Both the regular season and the playoffs are in the rear view mirror. So now is a good time to assess whether the … Continue reading
Photo: Gazeta.ru “Enough already. Can’t we just continue to bask in the afterglow of this spring and early summer? It is still like a dream. Must you really end this beautiful dream?” –Jim McCarthy, Author.
We’re not kidding when we say NoVa Caps is a worldwide community for Washington Capitals fans. What better way to communicate with the Capitals’ organization and with its players?
Photos: NHL Via Getty Images Imagine you fell asleep in 1974, the Caps’ first year of existence. You reawakened in June of 2018, the year the Capitals won their first Stanley Cup.
Photo: NHL Via Getty Images Fortunately for you, I’m a hockey fan. Not a quantum mechanics physicist. Nor a thermodynamicist. But I very well might be the first to apply one of the universal natural laws to explain, at least … Continue reading
Photo: NHL via Getty Images As the dust settles from the Capitals’ amazing run to the Stanley Cup, the campaign for “back-to-back” begins to take shape. Now is a good time to bring context to what we witnessed during the … Continue reading
The resignation of Barry Trotz, Head Coach, today astounded the Washington Capitals and its burgeoning fan base. For some, this occurrence is all the more surprising because of its timing. Scarcely two weeks have elapsed since Trotz, the organization, and … Continue reading
Photo: Bruce Bennett/Getty Images Okay, cut them some slack. Because the Vegas Golden Knights are an expansion team, they don’t know that Lord Stanley’s Cup is won on the ice, not by a carnival of medieval—themed nonsense.
Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images Take a deep breath. Exhale. Believe. Despite the Capitals 3-2 loss Thursday night at the hands of the Pittsburgh Penguins, there is plenty of room for optimism among Caps players and fans. Here is why: