Search NoVa Caps Site
- QMJHL Announces Plans To Begin 2020-21 Season On October 1, Without Fans
- Canadiens’ Head Coach Claude Julien Out Of Hospital, Will Return Home To Montreal
- Henrik Lundqvist, P.K. Subban and Matt Dumba Named Finalists For 2019-2020 King Clancy Memorial Trophy
- Washington Capitals – New York Islanders – Round 1, Game 2 Preview
- Montreal Canadiens’ Head Coach Claude Julien Rushed To Hospital, Not Expected To Rejoin Team Before End Of Philadelphia Series
- Tom Wilson On Backstrom Hit: “I Definitely Think It’s Fuel For The Fire”
- Nicklas Backstrom Will Not Play In Game 2, “He Is In (Concussion) Protocol”
- Lars Eller Returns To Practice Following Quarantine: “It Wasn’t Particularly Fun Sitting In Your Room For Four Days.”
- Hurricanes’ Head Coach Rod Brind’Amour Fined $25,000 For Calling Officiating “A Joke”
- Postgame Analytics: Isles Dominate at Even Strength, Down Caps 4-2 in Game 1
Tag Archives: Jim McCarthy
Photo: NHL via Getty Images The NHL enacted five rule changes to start the 2017-2018 hockey season. Both the regular season and the playoffs are in the rear view mirror. So now is a good time to assess whether the … Continue reading
Photo: Gazeta.ru “Enough already. Can’t we just continue to bask in the afterglow of this spring and early summer? It is still like a dream. Must you really end this beautiful dream?” –Jim McCarthy, Author.
We’re not kidding when we say NoVa Caps is a worldwide community for Washington Capitals fans. What better way to communicate with the Capitals’ organization and with its players?
Photos: NHL Via Getty Images Imagine you fell asleep in 1974, the Caps’ first year of existence. You reawakened in June of 2018, the year the Capitals won their first Stanley Cup.
Photo: NHL Via Getty Images Fortunately for you, I’m a hockey fan. Not a quantum mechanics physicist. Nor a thermodynamicist. But I very well might be the first to apply one of the universal natural laws to explain, at least … Continue reading
Photo: NHL via Getty Images As the dust settles from the Capitals’ amazing run to the Stanley Cup, the campaign for “back-to-back” begins to take shape. Now is a good time to bring context to what we witnessed during the … Continue reading
The resignation of Barry Trotz, Head Coach, today astounded the Washington Capitals and its burgeoning fan base. For some, this occurrence is all the more surprising because of its timing. Scarcely two weeks have elapsed since Trotz, the organization, and … Continue reading
Photo: Bruce Bennett/Getty Images Okay, cut them some slack. Because the Vegas Golden Knights are an expansion team, they don’t know that Lord Stanley’s Cup is won on the ice, not by a carnival of medieval—themed nonsense.
Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images Take a deep breath. Exhale. Believe. Despite the Capitals 3-2 loss Thursday night at the hands of the Pittsburgh Penguins, there is plenty of room for optimism among Caps players and fans. Here is why: