Search NoVa Caps Site
- Held Together By Holtby – Are the Last Four Games an Indication That Braden Holtby is “Back” ?
- Capitals Acquire Brenden Dillon From Sharks In Exchange For 2020 Second-Round Pick, Conditional 2021 Third
- Capitals To Host Blood Drive On March 28 – Donors To Receive John Carlson Bobble Head
- Blues’ Jay Bouwmeester: “Our Family Has Felt The Support Of The Entire National Hockey League Family And The City Of St. Louis During This Time. We Have All Been Greatly Comforted By Your Genuine Concern.”
- “We’re Chasing Too Many Games”: Todd Reirden Speaks After Capitals’ Loss to Vegas
- Nicklas Backstrom Interview: New Contract, New Child On The Way and Life In Washington
- Capitals’ John Carlson Records 70th Point In Loss To Golden Knights; Two Points Shy Of Passing Calle Johansson
- Capitals Rally Falls Short, Lose To Knights, 3-2; T.J. Oshie Scores Two Goals
- T.J. For Two! T.J. Oshie Scores Two Goals on Two Shots Against Golden Knights
- Checkmate: Capitals’ Alex Ovechkin Sends Golden Knights’ Nate Schmidt Into The Benches
Tag Archives: Jim McCarthy
Photo: NHL via Getty Images The NHL enacted five rule changes to start the 2017-2018 hockey season. Both the regular season and the playoffs are in the rear view mirror. So now is a good time to assess whether the … Continue reading
Photo: Gazeta.ru “Enough already. Can’t we just continue to bask in the afterglow of this spring and early summer? It is still like a dream. Must you really end this beautiful dream?” –Jim McCarthy, Author.
We’re not kidding when we say NoVa Caps is a worldwide community for Washington Capitals fans. What better way to communicate with the Capitals’ organization and with its players?
Photos: NHL Via Getty Images Imagine you fell asleep in 1974, the Caps’ first year of existence. You reawakened in June of 2018, the year the Capitals won their first Stanley Cup.
Photo: NHL Via Getty Images Fortunately for you, I’m a hockey fan. Not a quantum mechanics physicist. Nor a thermodynamicist. But I very well might be the first to apply one of the universal natural laws to explain, at least … Continue reading
Photo: NHL via Getty Images As the dust settles from the Capitals’ amazing run to the Stanley Cup, the campaign for “back-to-back” begins to take shape. Now is a good time to bring context to what we witnessed during the … Continue reading
The resignation of Barry Trotz, Head Coach, today astounded the Washington Capitals and its burgeoning fan base. For some, this occurrence is all the more surprising because of its timing. Scarcely two weeks have elapsed since Trotz, the organization, and … Continue reading
Photo: Bruce Bennett/Getty Images Okay, cut them some slack. Because the Vegas Golden Knights are an expansion team, they don’t know that Lord Stanley’s Cup is won on the ice, not by a carnival of medieval—themed nonsense.
Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images Take a deep breath. Exhale. Believe. Despite the Capitals 3-2 loss Thursday night at the hands of the Pittsburgh Penguins, there is plenty of room for optimism among Caps players and fans. Here is why: