Search NoVa Caps Site
- Capitals Kick-Off Annual Mentor’s Trip This Weekend
- Capitals’ Garnet Hathaway Hosts Arlington Fire Dept. And A Meet And Greet After Monday’s Game Against Columbus
- Alex Ovechkin Receives Wayne Gretzky International Award; Neal Henderson Enshrined In USA Hockey Hall Of Fame
- Capitals Prospect Connor McMichael Selected To Continue For Canada’s National Junior Team
- Standing Pat At 2020 NHL Trade Deadline Is The Best Option For The Capitals
- New Power-Play Wrinkle For Capitals Turns 5-on-4 Into 4-on-3 Advantage
- NHL Guarded About Releasing First Salary Cap Estimates For 2020-2021 Season
- Forbes Magazine’s Most Valuable NHL Teams For 2019
- T.J. Oshie Scores Two Goals In Capitals 3-2 Win Over The Bruins
- T.J., Ya Filthy Animal! T.J. Oshie Undresses Boston Bruins Defender For Second Goal of the Game
Tag Archives: Jim McCarthy
Photo: NHL via Getty Images The NHL enacted five rule changes to start the 2017-2018 hockey season. Both the regular season and the playoffs are in the rear view mirror. So now is a good time to assess whether the … Continue reading
Photo: Gazeta.ru “Enough already. Can’t we just continue to bask in the afterglow of this spring and early summer? It is still like a dream. Must you really end this beautiful dream?” –Jim McCarthy, Author.
We’re not kidding when we say NoVa Caps is a worldwide community for Washington Capitals fans. What better way to communicate with the Capitals’ organization and with its players?
Photos: NHL Via Getty Images Imagine you fell asleep in 1974, the Caps’ first year of existence. You reawakened in June of 2018, the year the Capitals won their first Stanley Cup.
Photo: NHL Via Getty Images Fortunately for you, I’m a hockey fan. Not a quantum mechanics physicist. Nor a thermodynamicist. But I very well might be the first to apply one of the universal natural laws to explain, at least … Continue reading
Photo: NHL via Getty Images As the dust settles from the Capitals’ amazing run to the Stanley Cup, the campaign for “back-to-back” begins to take shape. Now is a good time to bring context to what we witnessed during the … Continue reading
The resignation of Barry Trotz, Head Coach, today astounded the Washington Capitals and its burgeoning fan base. For some, this occurrence is all the more surprising because of its timing. Scarcely two weeks have elapsed since Trotz, the organization, and … Continue reading
Photo: Bruce Bennett/Getty Images Okay, cut them some slack. Because the Vegas Golden Knights are an expansion team, they don’t know that Lord Stanley’s Cup is won on the ice, not by a carnival of medieval—themed nonsense.
Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images Take a deep breath. Exhale. Believe. Despite the Capitals 3-2 loss Thursday night at the hands of the Pittsburgh Penguins, there is plenty of room for optimism among Caps players and fans. Here is why: