Search NoVa Caps Site
- Report: 2020-2021 NHL Season To Start In December or January, Will Be Full 82-Game Schedule
- Report: NHL, Players’ Association Closing In On CBA Extension Agreement
- Report: Blues Cancel Informal Skates After Multiple Players Test Positive For COVID-19
- Salary Cap for 2020-2021 NHL Season To Remain At $81.5 Million
- Sounds of the 2020 NHL Playoffs: Broadcasters Will Focus On The Sounds of The Game
- Report: NHL Targetting August 1 Resumption Of Play
- Report: NHL Training Camp Start Date Pushed Back By At Least Three Days
- Fight, Inspire, Overcome, Celebrate – Flyers’ Oskar Lindblom Successfully Completes Chemo Treatments
- Report: Edmonton Will Host 2020 Conference, Stanley Cup Finals
- Manning the Pipes: Who Should Start in Goal For The Washington Capitals?
Tag Archives: Injuries
Ilya Kovalchuk Starts On Third-Line; Richard Panik Demoted; Braden Holtby Starts: Jets at Capitals Pregame Notebook
Photo: @Capitals Forward Ilya Kovalchuck, who was acquired in a trade that sent a 2020 third-round pick to the Montreal Canadiens on Sunday night, will make his Washington Capitals‘ debut against the Winnipeg Jets on Tuesday (7 PM ET, NBC … Continue reading
After goaltender James Reimer suffered a lower-body injury in the first period of the Carolina Hurricanes’ game against the Toronto Maple Leafs Saturday night, and backup Petr Mrazek got banged-up when he skated out to play the puck a little past … Continue reading
Capitals Make No Changes To Top-Six; Ilya Samsonov Returns To Practice: Wednesday’s Practice Notebook
Goaltender Ilya Samsonov returned to practice and was a full participant at the Washington Capitals‘ practice on Wednesday after leaving Tuesday’s morning skate with an apparent upper-body injury. The team reassigned Vitek Vanecek to the AHL’s Hershey Bears on Wednesday, … Continue reading
Fehervary Steps In For Siegenthaler, Samsonov Injured & Vanecek Will Be Recalled; Holtby To Start: News From Capitals’ Morning Skate
Photo: @Capitals The Washington Capitals held morning skate ahead of Tuesday’s clash against the Los Angeles Kings (7 P.M. ET on NBC Sports Washington). Here is the latest from Medstar Capitals Iceplex.
Washington Capitals center Nic Dowd returned to the ice with his teammates for practice on Thursday after his wife gave birth to a baby boy, Louie, on Tuesday night. He missed the team’s 4-3 loss to the New York Islanders … Continue reading
Wilson And Kempny Return; Oshie (Illness) And Djoos (Upper-Body) Are Listed As Day-To-Day: News From Capitals’ Practice
Photo: @Capitals The Washington Capitals held practice on Monday prior to Tuesday’s New Year Eve’s matinee against the New York Islanders (1 P.M. ET on NBC Sports Washington). Here is the latest from Medstar.
Capitals Head Coach Todd Reirden Says Players Are Banged Up And Sick Despite Suiting Up For Last Two Games
Photo: NHL via Getty Images Washington Capitals head coach Todd Reirden told the media that a lot of players who were able to play in the team’s past two games are “banged-up” and ill after their 6-4 loss to the … Continue reading
Goaltender Ilya Samsonov, who is 7-2-1 with a .917 save percentage and a 2.42 goals-against average in 10 games this season, will get the nod for the Washington Capitals on Saturday night as they open their annual fathers and mentor’s … Continue reading
Photo: NHL.com Washington Capitals forward Chandler Stephenson was not on the ice during the team’s practice at SAP Center on Monday morning and could be part of a transaction, according to senior writer Mike Vogel.
Photo: Zimbio Some more tough news came out of Pittsburgh on Sunday morning as the Pittsburgh Penguins announced that defenseman Brian Dumoulin will be out at least two months after he had surgery to repair lacerated tendons in his left … Continue reading