Search NoVa Caps Site
- “I Wish You Continued Success and Many More In A Capitals Jersey”: Peter Bondra Congratulates Nicklas Backstrom On Passing Him in Franchise Games Played
- Capitals’ Connor McMichael: “This Is What You Work For Your Whole Life … I Had A Lot Of Fun”
- A Pair of Points from No. 2: Justin Schultz Scores First Goal And Points As a Washington Capital
- Capitals Fall To Sabres, 4-3 In Shootout; Connor McMichael Makes NHL Debut
- Capitals’ Tom Wilson Out vs. Sabres, Connor McMichael To Make NHL Debut
- Who Is Craig Anderson? A Look At the Washington Capitals’ Newest Goaltender
- Changes To Defense, Tom Wilson Is Listed As “Day To Day” And Daniel Carr, Connor McMichael and Martin Fehervary Skate With Main Group: Saturday’s Practice Report
- Report: Blue Jackets Acquire Patrik Laine, Jack Roslovic From Jets For Pierre-Luc Dubois, Third-Round Pick
- Capitals Hold Off Sabres, 4-3, In Shootout; Jakub Vrana Gets Two Points
- Capitals’ Tom Wilson Leaves Third Period Against Sabres With Lower-Body Injury; Will Be Re-evaluated Saturday
Tag Archives: Ilya Samsonov
The Washington Post is reporting that Capitals goaltender Ilya Samsonov has tested positive for COVID-19. Samantha Pell broke the news early Thursday afternoon.
Photo: MCI The Washington Capitals released a statement on behalf of the organization and captain Alex Ovechkin, who was placed on the NHL’s COVID-19-absences list on Wednesday, along with center Evgeny Kuznetsov, defenseman Dmitry Orlov, and goaltender Ilya Samsonov.
Capitals’ Alex Ovechkin, Evgeny Kuznetsov, Dmitry Orlov, Ilya Samsonov All Added To COVID-19 Protocol List
Photo: Instagram According to Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman, Washington Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin, center Evgeny Kuznetsov, defenseman Dmitry Orlov, and goaltender Ilya Samsonov were all added to the NHL’s COVID-19-related absences list on Wednesday.
Washington Capitals bench boss Peter Laviolette told 106.7 The Fan Monday morning that he has been relatively pleased with the play of the Capitals blueline through the first three games of the season. However, there is still work to be … Continue reading
Daniel Sprong To Make Capitals’ Debut vs. Penguins, Conor Sheary Scratched Against Former Team; Ilya Samsonov In Net
Washington Capitals head coach Peter Laviolette announced that forward Daniel Sprong will get a chance and come into the lineup in favor of forward Conor Sheary against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Sunday (12 PM ET, NBC).
The Capitals are spending this Monday making final roster moves in advance of the start of their season on Thursday. After re-assigning six and waiving nine players, Capitals head coach Peter Laviolette also finalized his goaltending plan to start the … Continue reading
The Washington Capitals were back to work Saturday morning at MedStar Capitals Iceplex following a day off on Friday. The team will hold one more scrimmage Sunday afternoon and then begin to finalize their opening night roster. The season opens … Continue reading
Before the 2019-20 season, it was evident that there was a new wave of young Russian-born goaltenders who would soon be having an impact in the National Hockey League, with many of them expected to soon populate the Metropolitan Division … Continue reading
Washington Capitals goaltender Ilya Samsonov told the media on Tuesday that “I feel good — much, much better” after missing the 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs with a tweaked nerve, which was in the neck and shoulder area. He has been … Continue reading
Photos: @Capitals The first day of the Washington Capitals‘ 2020-21 training camp is officially here! Although the start of on-ice sessions does not begin until Monday, January 4, Sunday was limited to medical and testing; however, fans were given a … Continue reading