Search NoVa Caps Site
- Is Brooks Orpik The Guy to Replace Reid Cashman?
- Phase 2 of “Return To Play” Begins Monday
- Discussions Between NHL, NHLPA Continue for new Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Penguins Announce Player Tests Positive For COVID-19
- 2020 Stanley Cup Playoff Seeding Will Be Redone After Each Round
- Washington Capitals Players Speak Out Against Racism, Participate in “Blackout Tuesday”
- Could The Capitals Deal A Defenseman Next Offseason?
- Michal Kempny and David Pastrnak Take In Tennis Match in Prague On Wednesday
- Decision on Hub City Locations For 2020 Playoffs Will Be Made In Three Weeks
- Former Washington Capitals Winger Dmitrij Jaskin Is Now The Second Highest Paid Player in KHL: Salaries For Top KHL Players
Tag Archives: Hockey Technology
Is The Timing Right for Systemic Change? A Look at Potential Opportunities for the NHL During These Financially Challenged Times
Photo: @Capitals Times of adversity often give rise to new opportunities for change, as well as provide fertile ground for innovation and the implementation of new ideas. The financial damages sustained from the COVID-19 pandemic are wide and vast, but … Continue reading
It’s looking more and more likely that the return of sports will at least start with some games contested in empty arenas. While not ideal, it certainly seems like a logical step in the overall process to return to normal. … Continue reading
Photo: Getty Images It’s been said that necessity is the mother of invention. Human needs often breed new innovations and advances in society. We are already seeing this play out in the world’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, and will … Continue reading
Photo: NHL When most hockey fans hear about the new player and puck tracking system set to be deployed by the NHL, they most likely have an instant vision of the old “FoxTrax” system implemented by Fox Sports in the … Continue reading
Photo credit: Astrid Stawiarz/NBC Comcast NBCUniversal introduced a new startup accelerator intended to bolster the sports media giant’s innovation efforts, while keeping a pulse on emerging technologies coming down the pipeline.