Search NoVa Caps Site
- Report: NHL, Players’ Association Discussing January 15 Opening Night
- Alex Ovechkin Met With Head Of Russian Olympic Committee On Wednesday
- KHL President Gives Update on COVID-19 Status In League: 507 Total Cases To Date, 486 Have Recovered, 21 Currently Sick With Virus
- Three New Designs From NoVa Caps!
- Vegas Releases Odds To Win The 2020-21 Hart Memorial Trophy
- Henrik Lundqvist Pleased With First Workouts In Washington
- Maruk Flies High Against the Jets: Retro Recap – Washington Capitals vs Winnipeg Jets – December 4, 1981
- At Least Four NHL Teams Considering Playing Outdoor Home Games For 2020-21 Season
- Pierre McGuire Now Offering Personalized Video Messages For Purchase
- AHL, Genius Sports Group Form Partnership To Bring Betting To AHL
Tag Archives: Hockey Technology
Evgeny Kuznetsov Ditches New Bauer Nexus ADV Stick In The Middle Of Game 3, Proceeds to Score Two Goals In Five Periods
Photos: NHL.com via Getty Images First and foremost, I’m not suggesting that a simple change in stick models has made a difference in the Capitals recent fortunes or in Evgeny Kuzenetsov’s goal production. Nor am I suggesting this is any … Continue reading
For hockey players, training camp is a time to get in shape, work on your timing and prepare for the upcoming season. It’s also a time to tryout new equipment. Hockey players are constantly trying new gear, whether it’s the … Continue reading
Included in the NBA’s plan to restart the 2019-2020 season at Walt Disney World in Orlando is the option for players to wear smart rings to detect if and when they begin showing symptoms of COVID-19.
Is The Timing Right for Systemic Change? A Look at Potential Opportunities for the NHL During These Financially Challenged Times
Photo: @Capitals Times of adversity often give rise to new opportunities for change, as well as provide fertile ground for innovation and the implementation of new ideas. The financial damages sustained from the COVID-19 pandemic are wide and vast, but … Continue reading
It’s looking more and more likely that the return of sports will at least start with some games contested in empty arenas. While not ideal, it certainly seems like a logical step in the overall process to return to normal. … Continue reading
Photo: Getty Images It’s been said that necessity is the mother of invention. Human needs often breed new innovations and advances in society. We are already seeing this play out in the world’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, and will … Continue reading
Photo: NHL When most hockey fans hear about the new player and puck tracking system set to be deployed by the NHL, they most likely have an instant vision of the old “FoxTrax” system implemented by Fox Sports in the … Continue reading
Photo credit: Astrid Stawiarz/NBC Comcast NBCUniversal introduced a new startup accelerator intended to bolster the sports media giant’s innovation efforts, while keeping a pulse on emerging technologies coming down the pipeline.