Search NoVa Caps Site
- A Look At Possible Trade Partners For Capitals
- Washington Capitals Halloween Happenings: Horrors and Highlights
- Coyotes Renounce Rights To 2020 Fourth-Round Pick Mitchell Miller
- Connor McMichael, Hendrix Lapierre Invited To Team Canada World Juniors Selection Camp
- A Gould-en Comeback – Retro Recap: Washington Capitals vs Winnipeg Jets – October 30, 1983
- 2020 Mock Expansion Draft For The Seattle Kraken
- OHL Announces February 4 As New Start Date For 2020-21 Season
- AHL Announces New Start Date of February 5th
- Dallas Stars Introduce Their Third Sweater
- Connor McMichael On Alex Ovechkin: “I Was In Love With Just Watching Him Shoot The Puck”
Tag Archives: Hockey Analytics
Photo by Chase Agnello-Dean/NHLI via Getty Images The Capitals rushed out to a quick 1-0 lead in the first period with Alex Ovechkin scoring his first of the playoffs 56 seconds in, but it wasn’t enough to overcome the Islanders’ … Continue reading
Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images Following the Washington Capitals‘ 2-1 victory against the Boston Bruins in the final game of the round robin portion of the NHL Playoffs, the Caps solidified the third seed in the Eastern Conference and a … Continue reading
Photo: Mark J. Terrill / AP Put simply, hockey can be broken down into two key components–scoring goals and saving shots. As the main proponent of stopping these goals is the goalie, we can undoubtedly say that they have a … Continue reading
Photo: NHL When most hockey fans hear about the new player and puck tracking system set to be deployed by the NHL, they most likely have an instant vision of the old “FoxTrax” system implemented by Fox Sports in the … Continue reading
Penalty killing has been one of the Capitals’ strengths this season, with the group currently in the top five leaguewide. “Controlled aggression” has been credited for the team’s improvement.
The Columbus Blue Jackets will be hosting a Hockey Analytics Conference on February 8th and 9th, 2020, in Columbus. We believe this is the first time an NHL team has held their own analytics conference open to the general public.
WAR! What Is It Good For? Projecting the Metro Division Standings by Expected WAR Standings Point Projections
Photo: Patrick Smith One of the new, “revolutionary” metrics that hockey statisticians are starting to calculate and track is Wins Above Replacement (WAR). WAR essentially combines all of a player’s contributions statistically into one overall metric. This calculation allows for … Continue reading
Will The NHL’s Next-Generation Data and Data Management Models Splinter and Divide Hockey Analytics?
Graphic: Deadspin On Monday NHL commissioner Gary Bettman announced a new multi-year “betting partnership” with MGM Resorts International, which will include non-exclusive rights to the league’s next-generation data. The “next-gen” data will be primarily made available though the implementation of … Continue reading