Search NoVa Caps Site
- Hershey Bears’ Joe Snively Records First Professional Career Hat Trick In Win Over Checkers
- Bears Beat Checkers, 6-1; Joe Snively Scores Hat Trick; Bears Enforcer Kale Kessy Injured In Fight
- Capitals Drop Jets 4-3 in the Shootout, Alex Ovechkin Scores Shootout Winner
- Capitals’ Fourth-Line Fire: Hathaway Scores & Gets Into A Fight, Dowd & Panik Assist In Game Against Jets
- Capitals Honor Alex Ovechkin’s 700th Goal With Ceremony Before Game Against the Winnipeg Jets
- NoVa Caps Mailbag: The Sky Is Falling! Or Is It?
- Ilya Kovalchuk Starts On Third-Line; Richard Panik Demoted; Braden Holtby Starts: Jets at Capitals Pregame Notebook
- 2020 NHL Trade Deadline Day: Summary Of All Trades
- Winnipeg at Washington Preview: Capitals Begin Home-And-Home Series With Jets On Tuesday
- Capitals’ GM Brian MacLellan Speaks After The 2020 NHL Trade Deadline: “We’re Satisfied Where We’re At Right Now”
Tag Archives: Hockey Analytics
Penalty killing has been one of the Capitals’ strengths this season, with the group currently in the top five leaguewide. “Controlled aggression” has been credited for the team’s improvement.
The Columbus Blue Jackets will be hosting a Hockey Analytics Conference on February 8th and 9th, 2020, in Columbus. We believe this is the first time an NHL team has held their own analytics conference open to the general public.
WAR! What Is It Good For? Projecting the Metro Division Standings by Expected WAR Standings Point Projections
Photo: Patrick Smith One of the new, “revolutionary” metrics that hockey statisticians are starting to calculate and track is Wins Above Replacement (WAR). WAR essentially combines all of a player’s contributions statistically into one overall metric. This calculation allows for … Continue reading
Will The NHL’s Next-Generation Data and Data Management Models Splinter and Divide Hockey Analytics?
Graphic: Deadspin On Monday NHL commissioner Gary Bettman announced a new multi-year “betting partnership” with MGM Resorts International, which will include non-exclusive rights to the league’s next-generation data. The “next-gen” data will be primarily made available though the implementation of … Continue reading