Search NoVa Caps Site
- Bogdan Trineyev Scores In Dynamo Moscow’s KHL Preseason Tilt With Torpedo
- NHL Draft Ratings: Expansion Draft Soars, Entry Draft Up Slightly
- Charles Barkley Helped Convince Wayne Gretzky To Join TNT Broadcast Team
- Boston Bruins David Kreijci Ends NHL Career, Will Return Home To Czech Republic
- “It’s Been A Pleasure To Play All Those Years With One Organization”: Alex Ovechkin Speaks on His New Contract, What It Means to Stay In Washington, and His Career Going Forward
- Rangers Acquire Ryan Reaves From Golden Knights For 2022 Third-Round Pick
- Deep Dive: A Closer Look at Capitals Draft Pick Chase Clark
- Capitals Re-Acquire Vitek Vanecek From Kraken In Exchange For Jets’ 2023 Second-Round Pick
- Capitals Re-Sign Lucas Johansen; Sign Two Defensemen, Goaltender Hunter Shepard To Two-Way Contracts
- Report: Washington Capitals Believed to Have Interest In Re-Acquiring Vitek Vanecek From Seattle Kraken
Tag Archives: Hockey Analytics
The NHL and Amazon Web Services announced on Thursday that they will debut two new advanced analytics during the 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs, beginning with Saturday’s Capitals-Bruins game.
Photo by Chase Agnello-Dean/NHLI via Getty Images The Capitals rushed out to a quick 1-0 lead in the first period with Alex Ovechkin scoring his first of the playoffs 56 seconds in, but it wasn’t enough to overcome the Islanders’ … Continue reading
Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images Following the Washington Capitals‘ 2-1 victory against the Boston Bruins in the final game of the round robin portion of the NHL Playoffs, the Caps solidified the third seed in the Eastern Conference and a … Continue reading
Photo: Mark J. Terrill / AP Put simply, hockey can be broken down into two key components–scoring goals and saving shots. As the main proponent of stopping these goals is the goalie, we can undoubtedly say that they have a … Continue reading
Photo: NHL When most hockey fans hear about the new player and puck tracking system set to be deployed by the NHL, they most likely have an instant vision of the old “FoxTrax” system implemented by Fox Sports in the … Continue reading
Penalty killing has been one of the Capitals’ strengths this season, with the group currently in the top five leaguewide. “Controlled aggression” has been credited for the team’s improvement.
The Columbus Blue Jackets will be hosting a Hockey Analytics Conference on February 8th and 9th, 2020, in Columbus. We believe this is the first time an NHL team has held their own analytics conference open to the general public.
WAR! What Is It Good For? Projecting the Metro Division Standings by Expected WAR Standings Point Projections
Photo: Patrick Smith One of the new, “revolutionary” metrics that hockey statisticians are starting to calculate and track is Wins Above Replacement (WAR). WAR essentially combines all of a player’s contributions statistically into one overall metric. This calculation allows for … Continue reading
Will The NHL’s Next-Generation Data and Data Management Models Splinter and Divide Hockey Analytics?
Graphic: Deadspin On Monday NHL commissioner Gary Bettman announced a new multi-year “betting partnership” with MGM Resorts International, which will include non-exclusive rights to the league’s next-generation data. The “next-gen” data will be primarily made available though the implementation of … Continue reading