Search NoVa Caps Site
- Alex Ovechkin Comments on George Floyd’s Murder: “It Is So Important For Us To Respect and Love Each Other No Matter What We Look Like!!!”
- Assistant Reid Cashman Named Dartmouth Head Coach, But Will Stay With Capitals For Rest Of Season
- Looking At The Salary Cap Breakdown Of Past Stanley Cup Champions: How Do This Season’s Capitals Compare?
- Alex Ovechkin & Wife Nastya Celebrate Children’s Day
- Martin Fehérváry: “I Had a Beautiful Relationship With My Mother. When She Died, Hockey Helped Me”
- NHL Players Demand Change & Speak Out Against Racism
- Washington Capitals Fourth Quarter Review: 2019-20 Season
- New Sportsbook Business ‘Handle19’ Forges Ahead With Plans To Open In DC This Fall, Despite COVID-19 Pandemic
- Report: NHL Teams Preparing To Start Phase Two Late Next Week
- How Will NHL Officiating Be Impacted Without Fans In Attendance?
Tag Archives: Harrison Brown
Photo: The Arizona Republic About four weeks before the NHL paused the 2019-20 season due to the coronavirus pandemic, my dad and I went out West to see the Washington Capitals face the Arizona Coyotes in Glendale and the Vegas … Continue reading
Photo: Canoe The executive committee vote by each NHL team is expected to result in an approval of the NHL plans to go straight to the 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs with a 16-team play-in round by the players association, according … Continue reading
Photo: Norm Hall/Getty Images After the first round of the 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs featured a whopping five upsets, just imagine the possibilities for this year with 24 teams and a play-in round for all teams ranked fifth through twelfth … Continue reading
Photo: Scott Audette/Getty Images According to Sportsnet’s Chris Johnston, the NHL, GMs, and governors are talking about the eight teams that would earn byes from the play-in round playing three games against the other inter-conference teams to determine seeding for … Continue reading
Report: NHL, Players Association Continue To Work On 24-Team Stanley Cup Playoff Format; Play-In Round Would Be A Best-Of-Five
Photo: Patrick McDermott/Getty Images The NHL’s Return to Play Committee met once again on Wednesday and sources have told Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman that the league and NHLPA are working on a 24-team “conference-based” Stanley Cup Playoff format.
A Look At Alex Ovechkin’s Scoring Surges: Was January The Hottest The Capitals’ Captain Has Ever Been?
Photo: NBC PHT Washington Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin erupted with 14 goals and 15 points over seven games from January 13-February 4 earlier this season, a stretch of games that included three hat-tricks and saw him pass four Hall of … Continue reading
NHL Optimistic That Extended United States-Canada Border Closure Won’t Push Season Restart Back Any Later
Photo: CTV News Despite the border between the United States and Canada’s closure to non-essential travel being extended through June 21, the NHL is still “hopeful” that it won’t “materially affect the resumption of play timelines we are currently contemplating,” … Continue reading
Photo: LVRJ According to TSN’s Bob McKenzie, the NHL is discussing playing the 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs in two cities instead of four, which is a possibility that is generating some buzz while teams are talking.
Photo: Zak Krill/Getty Images If the NHL goes to a 24-team Stanley Cup Playoff round, which is looking likely at the moment, the top two teams in each division would likely get a bye in the play-in round. But would … Continue reading
Photo: Canoe.com Ottawa Senators owner Eugene Melnyk told Fan 590 in Toronto on Sunday that he is “100 percent” confident that a 2020 Stanley Cup Champion will be crowned and that there would be a full 2020-21 NHL season, according … Continue reading