Search NoVa Caps Site
- Former Capital Braden Holtby Makes 37 Saves, Including Spinning Kick Out, In Canucks’ First Game Back From COVID-19 Pause
- Optimization: A Look At The Capitals’ Defensemen And Optimizing The Pairings
- Capitals Fall To Bruins, 6-3
- Capitals’ Garnet Hathaway Given Game Misconduct For Boarding Bruins’ Jarred Tinordi
- Anthony Mantha Becomes First Player To Score A Goal In Each Of His First Four Games With Capitals
- Final Musings On The Trade Of Jakub Vrana
- Report: Jersey Advertisements Could Arrive In NHL As Soon As 2022-23 Season
- John Carlson Gets First Career Four-Assist Game In Capitals’ 6-3 Win Over Flyers
- Alex Ovechkin Scores Two Goals Against Philadelphia – Needs Just One More to Tie Marcel Dionne For 5th Place On All-Time List
- Bears Dust Devils, 6-3; Brian Pinho Scores Two Goals, Brett Leason Scores 5th Goal Of The Season, Alex Alexeyev Makes Season Debut For Bears
Tag Archives: Greg Smith
Brian MacLellan Commends Capitals’ Head Athletic Trainer Jason Serbus For His Work In Lundqvist Diagnosis
Photo: @Capitals The news last week came as a big surprise to most in the hockey world. Capitals’ netminder Henrik Lundqvist announced he would be unable to play for the team this coming season because of a heart condition.
Paul Sancya/Associated Press We’ve all thought about it at one point or another since June, “I wish _____ had been on the team when the Capitals won the Stanley Cup”. It’s common to grow a personal fondness to certain players, … Continue reading
Former Washington Capitals trainer Greg Smith was back at Kettler Capitals Iceplex checking out Wednesday’s practice. Smith was employed with the Capitals for 18 seasons as their Head Athletic Trainer before retiring prior to this season.
News and Notes from Wednesday’s Capitals Practice: Updates on Lars Eller and Devante Smith-Pelly, Plus Smitty Return?
After an off day on Tuesday, on which the #CapsDads took their little ones out on the rink, the Capitals returned to work to prepare for Thursday night’s game against the Los Angeles Kings. Thursday kicks off a season-high five-game homestand for … Continue reading
Photo: @Capitals The Capitals took the ice on Wednesday morning at Kettler to gear up for another season. The full squad is here, as are the prospects. Today’s preliminary skate was split into two groups with the veterans on the … Continue reading
Photo: Pivot Physical Therapy The Washington Capitals have named Jason Serbus the team’s head athletic trainer, Michael Booi assistant athletic trainer and Cleo Bates massage therapist, senior vice president and general manager Brian MacLellan announced today.
Photo: Greg Smith For the past 18 years, when a Capitals player was injured or shaken up during a game, the first person to check on him has been Head Athletic Trainer Greg Smith. However, there may be someone new tending … Continue reading
Photo: Washington Capitals The Metropolitan Division won the 2017 NHL All-Star Game on Sunday, beating the Atlantic Division 10-6, and the Pacific Division 4-3.
Photo: @SmittyCaps The Capitals traveled to Vancouver, British Columbia, immediately following their game in Edmonton on Wednesday night. The entire team and support staff officially had the day off on Thursday, but “Team Building” was the order of the day.