Search NoVa Caps Site
- Alex Ovechkin Supports Sports Charity Auction in Moscow
- Capitals Prospect Alex Alexeyev Scores First KHL Point
- Why The Capitals Will Need To Acquire A Veteran Backup Goaltender For The 2020-21 Season
- Report: Alex Ovechkin Is Joining Nicklas Backstrom In Negotiating His New Contract By Himself, With No Representation
- With The Capitals Needing To Shed Salary, Could Pheonix Copley Be Moved?
- Aliaksei Protas Scores Third Goal Of The KHL Season
- Hershey Bears Announce The Re-signing Of Kale Kessy
- NHL Releases Offseason Training Protocols; Training Facilities Allowed To Open For Voluntary Workouts on October 15
- Martin Fehervary Will Not Play At Home In Slovakia During Break Between NHL Seasons
- Sergei Gonchar: A Look At Potential Assistant Coaching Candidates For The Capitals
Tag Archives: Goalie Equipment
Will the new goaltender equipment changes have any impact on the scoring in the NHL? Continue reading
Photo: Sportsnet Washington Capitals‘ goaltending prospect Ilya Samsonov debuted his new goalie mask, his first as an NHL goalie, on Friday. The 21-year old will play his first season in North America this upcoming season and will likely start with … Continue reading
If you play hockey or are a parent of a child who plays hockey, you are fully aware of the expensive investment in equipment required to play the game. If you’re a goalie, you know these prices are even steeper … Continue reading
After significant delay, the NHL has decided to begin rolling out the new goalie gear. Rather than wait until next season, the NHL has decided to begin gradual rollout in mid-season, raising an eye-brow for many.
What are the NHL GMs discussing at the meetings in Toronto? What should they be talking about? Continue reading
At their annual meeting held in Boca Raton, Florida this past March, NHL General Managers agreed that goaltending equipment needed to become smaller, and thus initiated a plan to implement new streamlined equipment and tighter uniforms in time for the 2016-2017 … Continue reading
This week, the NHL’s general managers descended on Boca Raton, Florida to discuss the state of the sport. Topics included expansion (and the draft surrounding it), increasing scoring, goalie equipment, video replay, the coaches’ challenge, and the salary cap.