Search NoVa Caps Site
- Martin Fehérváry: “My Childhood Dream Would Come True” [Translated Interview]
- Capitals Re-sign Jakub Vrana To Two-Year, $6.7 Million Contract
- Eastern Conference Supremacy: Which Teams Will Challenge the Capitals the Most in 2019-20?
- Former Capital Andre Burakovsky Signs One-Year, $3.25 Million Contract With Avalanche
- Washington Capitals Uniform Numbers From Today and Yesterday- Multiples Of 7
- Offseason Changes Will Impact Capitals’ Special Teams This Season
- For Capitals Prospect Sebastian Walfridsson, A Change Of Scenery And A New Start
- Capitals Re-sign Colby Williams To One-Year, Two-Way Contract
- For Capitals’ Prospect Ilya Samsonov, “The Future Is Now”
- 2019-20 NHL Offseason Power Rankings
Tag Archives: Goalie Equipment
Will the new goaltender equipment changes have any impact on the scoring in the NHL? Continue reading
Photo: Sportsnet Washington Capitals‘ goaltending prospect Ilya Samsonov debuted his new goalie mask, his first as an NHL goalie, on Friday. The 21-year old will play his first season in North America this upcoming season and will likely start with … Continue reading
If you play hockey or are a parent of a child who plays hockey, you are fully aware of the expensive investment in equipment required to play the game. If you’re a goalie, you know these prices are even steeper … Continue reading
After significant delay, the NHL has decided to begin rolling out the new goalie gear. Rather than wait until next season, the NHL has decided to begin gradual rollout in mid-season, raising an eye-brow for many.
What are the NHL GMs discussing at the meetings in Toronto? What should they be talking about? Continue reading
At their annual meeting held in Boca Raton, Florida this past March, NHL General Managers agreed that goaltending equipment needed to become smaller, and thus initiated a plan to implement new streamlined equipment and tighter uniforms in time for the 2016-2017 … Continue reading
This week, the NHL’s general managers descended on Boca Raton, Florida to discuss the state of the sport. Topics included expansion (and the draft surrounding it), increasing scoring, goalie equipment, video replay, the coaches’ challenge, and the salary cap.