Search NoVa Caps Site
- Report: NHL, Players’ Association Discussing January 15 Opening Night
- Alex Ovechkin Met With Head Of Russian Olympic Committee On Wednesday
- KHL President Gives Update on COVID-19 Status In League: 507 Total Cases To Date, 486 Have Recovered, 21 Currently Sick With Virus
- Three New Designs From NoVa Caps!
- Vegas Releases Odds To Win The 2020-21 Hart Memorial Trophy
- Henrik Lundqvist Pleased With First Workouts In Washington
- Maruk Flies High Against the Jets: Retro Recap – Washington Capitals vs Winnipeg Jets – December 4, 1981
- At Least Four NHL Teams Considering Playing Outdoor Home Games For 2020-21 Season
- Pierre McGuire Now Offering Personalized Video Messages For Purchase
- AHL, Genius Sports Group Form Partnership To Bring Betting To AHL
Tag Archives: Free Agency
Photo: Newsbreak After allowing an average of 3.32 goals-per-game from December 8 on during the regular season (the third-worst in the NHL and the worst among teams that participated in the 2020 Stanley Cup Qualifiers), the Washington Capitals made some … Continue reading
Report: Golden Knights Sign Alex Pietrangelo To Seven-Year, $61.6 Million Contract; Nate Schmidt Trade Looming
Photo: Yardbarker According to Sportsnet’s Elliotte Freidman, the Vegas Golden Knights have signed UFA defenseman Alex Pietrangelo to a seven-year contract that will carry a cap hit of $8.8 million. Rumors have swirled the past few days that if Pietrangelo … Continue reading
“A Great Teammate And Even Better Friend”: Tom Wilson Pays Tribute to Braden Holtby in Heartfelt Video
Harry How/Getty Images North America Although longtime Washington Capitals goaltender Braden Holtby’s departure in NHL free agency was widely anticipated upon the opening of the market on Friday, the absence of the person and player Holtby was for the Capitals … Continue reading
Photo: Flames Nation The Philadelphia Flyers announced on Monday afternoon that they have signed unrestricted free agent defenseman Erik Gustafsson to a one-year contract worth $3 million.
Photo: NHL via Getty Images The Washington Capitals announced on Sunday that they have signed unrestricted free agent forward Daniel Carr to a one-year, two-way contract, which will carry a cap hit of $700,000.
Photo: Cardiac Cane The Washington Capitals announced Saturday night that they signed defenseman Trevor van Riemsdyk to a one-year contract worth $800,000. The 29-year-old became an unrestricted free agent on Friday.
Photo: Arctic Ice Hockey The Washington Capitals have signed defenseman Cameron Schilling to a one-year, two-way contract ($700,000/$365,000), senior vice president and general manager Brian MacLellan announced today.
Photo: NHL.com The New Jersey Devils announced late Friday night that they have signed goaltender Corey Crawford to a two-year contract, which will carry a cap hit of $3.9 million. He will make $3.6 million in 2020-21 and $4.2 million … Continue reading
Capitals’ GM Brian MacLellan Says Contract Talks With Alex Ovechkin Are “Tabled” Until Training Camp
Screen cap: @Capitals Washington Capitals’ GM Brian MacLellan told the media on the opening day of free agency that there is no update on contract talks with captain Alex Ovechkin, who is eligible to sign a contract extension at any … Continue reading
Photo: NHL.com The Washington Capitals have signed unrestricted free agent defenseman Justin Schultz to a two-year contract that carries a cap hit of $4 million. The team will pay him $3 million in 2020-21 and $5 million the next season.