Search NoVa Caps Site
- Hershey Bears Game At Lehigh Valley Postponed Due To COVID-19 Protocols
- Capitals’ Jakub Vrana Scores 11th Goal of the Season; Ends 13-Game Scoring Drought
- Make It Three! Justin Schultz Records First Three-Point Game In Three Years, Records Goal And Two Assists Against the Buffalo Sabres
- Capitals Beat Buffalo, 4-3; Justin Schultz Tallies Three Points
- Capitals’ Alex Ovechkin Scores Career Goal No. 727; Five Goals Shy Of Passing Marcel Dionne For The Fifth-Most All-Time
- Wingers And Goaltenders Available At Trade Deadline That Could Fit With The Capitals
- Former Capitals Defenseman Taylor Chorney Retires From Professional Hockey After Thirteen Seasons
- Ilya Samsonov’s Second Mask Of The Season Revealed By Artist David Gunnarsson
- D.C. Approves Waiver to Have Fans at Capital One Arena at 10% Capacity
- The Seismic Shift In Net Penalties For The Washington Capitals Franchise
Tag Archives: Fighting
After their Wednesday night victory over the Boston Bruins saw some animosity develop between their respective benches, the Washington Capitals’ and Boston Bruins’ rematch on Friday night proved to be a much more physical sequel, with both teams’ tempers flaring.
Screencap: @TheReplayGuy It’s already getting feisty in Game 1. Washington Capitals forward Tom Wilson dropped the gloves with New York Islanders captain Anders Lee in the first-round series at Scotiabank Arena in Toronto.
Screencap: @faiello_mari It’s getting real now, folks. Washington Capitals forward T.J. Oshie dropped the gloves with Tampa Bay Lightning’s forward Yanni Gourde during the second period of Monday’s round-robin opener at Scotiabank Arena in Toronto.
Photo: @Capitals A scrum by the net turned into a big fight with Washington Capitals defenseman and newest acquisition Brenden Dillon and Pittsburgh Penguins center Evgeni Malkin, and it was a good one.
Photo: CBS Sports While the NHL has tried to discourage fighting for quite some time, players around the league haven’t been afraid to drop the mitts when they think it’s necessary, including members of the Washington Capitals. Capitals fans have … Continue reading
Hurricanes’ Andrei Svechnikov, Capitals’ Alex Ovechkin Pointing Fingers At One Another On Who Sparked Game 3 Fight
Photo: NBC Sports Washington One of the biggest subjects of conversations after Game 3 of the First Round series between the Washington Capitals and Carolina Hurricanes was the fight between Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin and Hurricanes rookie forward Andrei Svechnikov … Continue reading
Photo: Getty Images With the Capitals set to host the Metropolitan Division rival New Jersey Devils on Friday night, NoVa Caps takes a look back at a contest between the two teams just under nine years ago on Opening Night … Continue reading
Photo: @Capitals While the return of Philipp Grubauer and Evgeny Kuznetsov’s game-winning, overtime goal were arguably the highlights of the Capitals’ -3 victory over the Colorado Avalanche on Thursday night, right wing Tom Wilson’s demolition of Avalanche defenseman Ian Cole … Continue reading
Lars Eller And The Capitals Face Brad Marchand And The Bruins In Opening Night Rematch Laden With Retribution Undertones
Photo: Sportsnet Boston Bruins forward Brad Marchand was clearly frustrated in the first meeting of the season between the Bruins and Washington Capitals back on October 3 in a 7-0 Capitals victory on opening night, when the Capitals raised their … Continue reading
Tempers Flare Early in the Capitals’ Game Against Pittsburgh, As Tom Wilson Drops the Gloves With Jamie Oleksiak
Heading into tonight’s game against the Pittsburgh Penguins, there was expected to be some fireworks after a contentious last meeting in November, one that saw T.J. Oshie receive an elbow to the head from Penguins star Evgeni Malkin, only to … Continue reading