Search NoVa Caps Site
- The 2020-21 Playoff Teams – In Progress Observations
- Milestone Moments: Washington Capitals Career Milestones Reached in 2020-21
- Axel Jonsson-Fjallby: “Last Season Was My Best So Far”
- Anthony Mantha: “I’m A Little Disappointed In Myself, The Way I Played”
- Blue Jackets Promote Brad Larsen To Head Coach
- Hurricanes’ Dougie Hamilton On Five-Game Second Round Loss To Lightning: “We Lost To A Team $18 Million Over The Cap”
- Alex Ovechkin Hockey Academy To Be Built In Moscow
- Rangers’ Adam Fox, Avalanche’s Cale Makar, Lightning’s Victor Hedman Named Norris Trophy Finalists
- Dmitry Orlov’s Performance in 2021: Trending Upward
- Trade Talk: Who Could The Capitals Move In The Off-Season?
Tag Archives: Fighting
After Monday night’s dramatic 6-3 win over the New York Rangers in which Right Wing Tom Wilson found himself in the crosshairs of the National Hockey League and the Rangers themselves, there was little doubt that there would be fireworks … Continue reading
Bruce Bennett/Getty Images With the Washington Capitals having lost captain Alex Ovechkin after one shift, with two forwards and a defenseman already out of the lineup, the team would require grit and grind from the rest of the lineup to … Continue reading
Not much went right for the Washington Capitals in their 3-0 loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins on Saturday night, just a few nights after clinching a spot in the 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs. As one might expect, frustrations mounted and … Continue reading
After their Wednesday night victory over the Boston Bruins saw some animosity develop between their respective benches, the Washington Capitals’ and Boston Bruins’ rematch on Friday night proved to be a much more physical sequel, with both teams’ tempers flaring.
Screencap: @TheReplayGuy It’s already getting feisty in Game 1. Washington Capitals forward Tom Wilson dropped the gloves with New York Islanders captain Anders Lee in the first-round series at Scotiabank Arena in Toronto.
Screencap: @faiello_mari It’s getting real now, folks. Washington Capitals forward T.J. Oshie dropped the gloves with Tampa Bay Lightning’s forward Yanni Gourde during the second period of Monday’s round-robin opener at Scotiabank Arena in Toronto.
Photo: @Capitals A scrum by the net turned into a big fight with Washington Capitals defenseman and newest acquisition Brenden Dillon and Pittsburgh Penguins center Evgeni Malkin, and it was a good one.
Photo: CBS Sports While the NHL has tried to discourage fighting for quite some time, players around the league haven’t been afraid to drop the mitts when they think it’s necessary, including members of the Washington Capitals. Capitals fans have … Continue reading
Hurricanes’ Andrei Svechnikov, Capitals’ Alex Ovechkin Pointing Fingers At One Another On Who Sparked Game 3 Fight
Photo: NBC Sports Washington One of the biggest subjects of conversations after Game 3 of the First Round series between the Washington Capitals and Carolina Hurricanes was the fight between Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin and Hurricanes rookie forward Andrei Svechnikov … Continue reading
Photo: Getty Images With the Capitals set to host the Metropolitan Division rival New Jersey Devils on Friday night, NoVa Caps takes a look back at a contest between the two teams just under nine years ago on Opening Night … Continue reading