Search NoVa Caps Site
- 2020 Stanley Cup Final Preview
- NHL Award Show to Air Monday, September 21 – Norris Trophy Winner Will Be Announced
- Washington Capitals Sign Daniel Sprong
- Marcus Johansson Is Looking Forward To Reuniting With Former Capitals’ Coach Dean Evason in Minnesota
- Capitals’ Prospect Daniel Sprong Pre-Selected For Dutch National Team
- Peter Laviolette Was Capitals’ Target To Become Next Head Coach After Todd Reirden Was Fired
- Former Capitals’ Head Coach Bruce Boudreau Was In The Mix – Latest On The Interviews For Capitals’ Head Coaching Position
- Palm Springs Changes Direction on New AHL Arena, Delays Opening By A Year; Seattle Kraken Will Likely Be Without AHL Affiliate For Inaugural Season
- Capitals Re-sign Brian Pinho
- Aliaksei Protas Fined For Contact With An Official In KHL Game
Tag Archives: Expansion
Expansion Protection: Why the Capitals Should Protect Orlov Over Alzner in the Expansion Draft – It’s About a “Loophole”
Photo: Pablo Martinez Monsivais The expansion draft will happen in the summer of 2017 and the Caps will have some very difficult decisions to make. The assumption is that the Caps will protect 7 forwards, 3 defensemen, and 1 goalie. … Continue reading
Luis M. Alvarez/ The Associated Press Sources close to the situation confirm George McPhee will be named the new GM for the Las Vegas expansion franchise.
Associated Press is reporting that the Las Vegas expansion is a “done deal” following the recommendation of the NHL’s executive committee, which met last week in New York.The 2017-18 season would be the earliest the league would expand.
This week, the NHL’s general managers descended on Boca Raton, Florida to discuss the state of the sport. Topics included expansion (and the draft surrounding it), increasing scoring, goalie equipment, video replay, the coaches’ challenge, and the salary cap.
With the recent expansion bids by Las Vegas and Quebec, the NHL could expand from its current 30 franchises to 32. The NHL has seen substantial growth over its 100-year history, with the league going from six to the aforementioned … Continue reading