Search NoVa Caps Site
- WAR! What Is It Good For? Projecting the Metro Division Standings by Expected WAR Standings Point Projections
- Capitals Assistant Coach Reid Cashman Gives “Building Deception In Your D[efense]” Presentation At 2019 Coaches Conference
- Baby Capital on the Way: Nic Dowd and Wife Paige Announce They Are Expecting Their First Child
- Kunlun Red Star (KHL) Signs Dávid Bondra To Professional Tryout Contract
- Capitals Get Bigger, Grittier With Offseason Additions
- St. Louis Blues’ Championship Run Foreshadowed by Past Runs of their Predecessors in Washington
- Bears Sign Tariq Hammond To One-Year AHL Contract
- Report: Ron Francis To Be Named Seattle’s First GM In Franchise History Later This Week
- What’s Next for the Capitals in Free Agency?
- Martin Fehérváry: “My Childhood Dream Would Come True” [Translated Interview]
Tag Archives: Ernie Mudd
I’m a homer and I won’t pretend to be otherwise. That said, we’ve seen the coaches challenge used four times this season and the Caps are losing at a 75% clip.
I know, it’s almost sacrilege to even ask the question, but he’s making a race of it. It really comes down to the two other contenders; the reigning champion, Alex Ovechkin, and the perennially underrated Nick Backstrom. So lets take … Continue reading
With the Capitals rolling their way to a 6–1 start and goals piling up, it would be easy to think the Caps are on fire and it can’t get much better (until playoff time). Well I’m here to tell you … Continue reading
We’ll be reviewing the Capitals week by week throughout the season. The week will run from Monday through Sunday. This first edition is a little longer to cover the first game as well. So lets see how we did.
The hockey world is abuzz with the news that Alexander Ovechkin was scratched from last nights game versus the San Jose Sharks. “Personal reasons” turned out to be oversleeping and missing the morning skate. As you would expect, the comments around … Continue reading
We’ve just wrapped up the preseason and have a little pause left before the real fun starts. It’s a great time to do a semi state of the Capitals. Fair warning, the possibilities are the real point we’re looking at … Continue reading
Now is the time to make some predictions so that I’ll have something to regret later in the season. The great thing is, I really believe every one of these has a good chance of being correct.
With just one game remaining in the pre season, it’s time to take a stab at what the final 22 will look like. Keep in mind coach Trotz has said he will carry 22 and not 23, so we’re looking … Continue reading
With 3 of 7 games gone in the pre season, it seems a good time to look at some of the expected issues and battles and see how things are playing out so far. The one caveat is, it is … Continue reading
1st Period The 1st period started with an unintended wrinkle and Dan Ellis in net for the first 35–36 seconds of the period. Braden Holtby, apparently the victim of equipment problems, took over from there. Overall the play was high … Continue reading