Search NoVa Caps Site
- Inaugural Game at MCI Center – Retro Recap – Florida Panthers @ Washington Capitals – December 5, 1997
- Vancouver Canucks Cut Ties With Anthem Singer After He Confirmed He Would Participate In Anti-COVID-19 Restrictions Rally
- Report: NHL, Players’ Association Discussing January 15 Opening Night
- Alex Ovechkin Met With Head Of Russian Olympic Committee On Wednesday
- KHL President Gives Update on COVID-19 Status In League: 507 Total Cases To Date, 486 Have Recovered, 21 Currently Sick With Virus
- Three New Designs From NoVa Caps!
- Vegas Releases Odds To Win The 2020-21 Hart Memorial Trophy
- Henrik Lundqvist Pleased With First Workouts In Washington
- Maruk Flies High Against the Jets: Retro Recap – Washington Capitals vs Winnipeg Jets – December 4, 1981
- At Least Four NHL Teams Considering Playing Outdoor Home Games For 2020-21 Season
Tag Archives: Dennis Maruk
Maruk Flies High Against the Jets: Retro Recap – Washington Capitals vs Winnipeg Jets – December 4, 1981
Bruce Bennett/Getty Images Over their 46-year history, the Washington Capitals have had some memorable games during the early December time frame. One such game took place on December 4, 1981, a home game against the Winnipeg Jets which featured one … Continue reading
Nam Yuh/Associated Press November 11 is an important day in history. On November 11, 1918, Germany signed the armistice agreement with the Allies to end World War I. The anniversary of that date was commemorated by Armistice Day, eventually known … Continue reading
Photo: Associated Press In a normal year, October means many things. It’s a time when the weather gets colder, the leaves on the trees turn color, and college and professional football are in full swing. The Major League Baseball postseason is … Continue reading
The Washington Capitals Alumni Association hosted the annual Alumni Summer Classic Game Tuesday night at MedStar Capitals Iceplex. NoVa Caps photojournalist Joe Noyes was in hand to capture a few of the images from this year’s event.
Photo: @MonSportsNetwork The 2019 Capitals Alumni Classic took place Tuesday night at MedStar Capitals Iceplex. A reasonably large crowd was in hand for this annual summer tradition. NoVa Caps’ Diane Doyle was in attendance to recap the game.
All Capitals fans are aware that Alex Ovechkin holds nearly every goal scoring record for the team, including goals for a single season and goals for a career. But years ago, there was another prolific goal-scorer who plied his trade … Continue reading
Photo: NHL Via Getty Images Ever since the Washington Capitals drafted him drafted back in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft, the NHL debut of Alexander Mikhailovich Ovechkin was much-anticipated. Scouts reported that he would be a “generational talent” on the … Continue reading
Photo: NHL The preview for Dennis Maruk’s upcoming book, Dennis Maruk: The Unforgettable Story of Hockey’s Forgotten 60-Goal Man says it all: Only 20 men in NHL history have scored 60 or more goals in a single season. That will … Continue reading
The 2017 NHL Preseason is in the books, CSN Capitals is now NBC Sports Washington, Mr. Wilson, to the principal’s office, “Caps Talk” is back, thinking of Las Vegas and more in this evening’s Capitals links:
Bruce Bennett/ Getty Images The 1982-1983 season was the first season the Capitals ever made the Stanley Cup Playoffs. It was also the first full season that the late Bryan Murray coached the team. In this piece, NoVa Caps’ Diane … Continue reading