Search NoVa Caps Site
- Report: NHL, Players’ Association Discussing January 15 Opening Night
- Alex Ovechkin Met With Head Of Russian Olympic Committee On Wednesday
- KHL President Gives Update on COVID-19 Status In League: 507 Total Cases To Date, 486 Have Recovered, 21 Currently Sick With Virus
- Three New Designs From NoVa Caps!
- Vegas Releases Odds To Win The 2020-21 Hart Memorial Trophy
- Henrik Lundqvist Pleased With First Workouts In Washington
- Maruk Flies High Against the Jets: Retro Recap – Washington Capitals vs Winnipeg Jets – December 4, 1981
- At Least Four NHL Teams Considering Playing Outdoor Home Games For 2020-21 Season
- Pierre McGuire Now Offering Personalized Video Messages For Purchase
- AHL, Genius Sports Group Form Partnership To Bring Betting To AHL
Tag Archives: Defense
The Washington Capitals must play playoff-style hockey down the stretch. Continue reading
How Is The Radko Gudas-Matt Niskanen Trade Looking For The Capitals And Flyers Halfway Through The Season?
As the halfway point of the season came this week, it is time to look at the Washington Capitals‘ biggest change of the offseason, which came on June 14 when they traded defenseman Matt Niskanen to the Philadelphia Flyers in … Continue reading
Patrick McDermott/NHLI via Getty Images When the Capitals signed him to a one-year, $700,000 deal in free agency in July, left wing Brendan Leipsic’s role on the team was to provide some grittiness and secondary scoring to a revamped fourth-line, … Continue reading
Photo: Zimbio Some more tough news came out of Pittsburgh on Sunday morning as the Pittsburgh Penguins announced that defenseman Brian Dumoulin will be out at least two months after he had surgery to repair lacerated tendons in his left … Continue reading
Photo: NHL Via Getty Images The Washington Capitals have been the cream of the crop when it comes to filling the net this season, as their 87 goals lead the NHL. While they’ve had no problem scoring, four players — … Continue reading
Photo: Hockey Troll The Carolina Hurricanes announced on Friday that they have signed unrestricted free agent defenseman Jake Gardiner to a four-year contract, which will carry a cap hit of $4.05 million. Gardiner was the one of the best unrestricted … Continue reading
Photo: Fear The Fin After the Washington Capitals sent forward Andre Burakovsky to the Colorado Avalanche in exchange for second and third-round picks in 2020 and the rights to forward Scott Kosmachuk on Friday afternoon, they have some cap space … Continue reading
Photo: Broad Street Hockey The Washington Capitals cleared some much-needed cap space when they traded defenseman Matt Niskanen to the Philadelphia Flyers in exchange for defenseman Radko Gudas on Friday morning. He enters the 2019-20 season on the last year of … Continue reading
Photo: Sporting News When the Washington Capitals acquired defenseman Michal Kempny from the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for a third-round pick in the upcoming draft on February 19, 2018, it was considered a minor move around the NHL.