Search NoVa Caps Site
- Capitals Re-assign Aaron Ness to Hershey
- From Kolzig to Holtby: Looking At the Washington Capitals’ Goalie Carousel – Part 1
- Coyotes @ Capitals – Inside The Numbers: Washington’s Penalty Kill Woes and Lack Of Offense Continue
- Coyotes Drop Capitals 4-1; Washington’s Penalty Kill Gives Up Two More Goals
- Hershey Bears Defeat Springfield Thunderbirds 3-2 (Photos)
- Arizona at Washington Preview: Capitals Conclude Homestand Against Coyotes
- Hershey Bears Down Springfield Thunderbirds 3-2; Ilya Samsonov Stops 31 of 33 Shots
- Capitals Practice News Roundup: John Carlson Skates, Evgeny Kuznetsov Skips, Plus A Familiar Reunion
- Axel Jonsson-Fjällby is Adjusting To Life in Hershey and the American Hockey League
- Blue Jackets at Capitals – Inside The Numbers: Washington Penalty Kill Continues To Struggle
Tag Archives: Defense
The Washington Capitals held a morning skate at MedStar Capitals Iceplex prior to their game against the Columbus Blue Jackets tonight at Capital One Arena. NBC Sports Washington will have the coverage, which will start at 7 PM. Here is … Continue reading
Signed, Sealed, Delivered: After A Big Pay Day, John Carlson is Molding Into One of The League’s Top Defenseman
Photo: Washington Times Entering last season with the departures of defensemen Nate Schmidt, Karl Alzner, and Kevin Shattenkirk, a lot more responsibility was assigned to John Carlson. An early-season injury to Matt Niskanen that cost him 14 games out of the lineup … Continue reading
Djoos in the Driver’s Seat: Christian Djoos Will Look to Build on Memorable Rookie Season in 2018-19
Photo: Gregory Shamus/Getty Images At the start of what turned out to be the franchise’s first championship season, the biggest question the team faced was the addition of two rookie defensemen to their defensive unit after the loss of several … Continue reading
Photo: Sport Aktuality.sk The Washington Capitals announced Sunday morning that they have signed defenseman Martin Fehervary to a three-year entry-level contract with an annual average value of $925,000.
The Capitals have named Todd Reirden as Head Coach, the team announced on Friday. Rierden becomes the Capitals’ 18th head coach in franchise history.
Photo: NHL.com Defenseman Michal Kempny signed a four-year contract worth $10 million ($2.5 million AAV) with the Washington Capitals on Friday morning. The 27-year old could have become an unrestricted free agent July 1.
Photo: NBC Sports Defenseman John Carlson signed an 8-year contract worth $64 million ($8 million AAV) with the Washington Capitals on Sunday evening. The 28-year old defenseman could have become an unrestricted free agent July 1.
The Washington Capitals need one more win to clinch the Stanley Cup Continue reading
Ethan Miller/Getty Images “The chances of me scoring in the finals here aren’t very good,” Brooks Orpik told the Media on Sunday afternoon. Of course, if he’d known all it was going to take to turn the tide on his … Continue reading
Defensive Dynamo: While John Carlson Will Surely be The Capitals’ Offseason Priority, Michal Kempny Shouldn’t Be Far Behind
Rob Carr/Getty Images Coming into the 2017-18, the biggest weakness for the Capitals was arguably their defensive corps, which suffered the significant losses of stalwarts Karl Alzner and Nate Schmidt to free agency and the Expansion Draft, respectively. Despite remaining … Continue reading