Search NoVa Caps Site
- Rock The Red: More Like Rock the World! A Celebrations Video By Ben Hinder
- Washington Capitals Training Camp Practice Schedule: 9/19 Thru 10/3
- Capitals Day Five Training Camp Roundup: Prep For The B’s
- More On-Ice Advertisements This Season at Capital One Arena
- All The News Leading Up To Capitals-Bruins: Preseason Game #2
- The Hunter Becomes the Hunted: The Capitals Must Adjust Their Mindset in Hopes for a Repeat
- Images from Day 4 of Washington Capitals 2018 Training Camp at MedStar Capitals Iceplex (PHOTOS)
- New Season, Same View, With Continuing Thoughts
- Washington Capitals Training Camp Day 4 Roundup: Eller and Carlson Return and Sergei Shumakov Participates
- One of the Many Positives From the Capitals Pre-Season Opener Loss
Tag Archives: Defense
Djoos in the Driver’s Seat: Christian Djoos Will Look to Build on Memorable Rookie Season in 2018-19
Photo: Gregory Shamus/Getty Images At the start of what turned out to be the franchise’s first championship season, the biggest question the team faced was the addition of two rookie defensemen to their defensive unit after the loss of several … Continue reading
Photo: Sport Aktuality.sk The Washington Capitals announced Sunday morning that they have signed defenseman Martin Fehervary to a three-year entry-level contract with an annual average value of $925,000.
The Capitals have named Todd Reirden as Head Coach, the team announced on Friday. Rierden becomes the Capitals’ 18th head coach in franchise history.
Photo: NHL.com Defenseman Michal Kempny signed a four-year contract worth $10 million ($2.5 million AAV) with the Washington Capitals on Friday morning. The 27-year old could have become an unrestricted free agent July 1.
Photo: NBC Sports Defenseman John Carlson signed an 8-year contract worth $64 million ($8 million AAV) with the Washington Capitals on Sunday evening. The 28-year old defenseman could have become an unrestricted free agent July 1.
The Washington Capitals need one more win to clinch the Stanley Cup Continue reading
Ethan Miller/Getty Images “The chances of me scoring in the finals here aren’t very good,” Brooks Orpik told the Media on Sunday afternoon. Of course, if he’d known all it was going to take to turn the tide on his … Continue reading
Defensive Dynamo: While John Carlson Will Surely be The Capitals’ Offseason Priority, Michal Kempny Shouldn’t Be Far Behind
Rob Carr/Getty Images Coming into the 2017-18, the biggest weakness for the Capitals was arguably their defensive corps, which suffered the significant losses of stalwarts Karl Alzner and Nate Schmidt to free agency and the Expansion Draft, respectively. Despite remaining … Continue reading
Photo: USA Today Sports The Capitals’ regular season ended on a high note on Saturday night with a 5-3 win over the New Jersey Devils and the team defied a number of odds throughout the season. The Capitals’ blueline was … Continue reading
Nine years ago, former Washington Capitals defenseman Mike Green did something unprecedented for a blueliner. From January 27, 2009 through Valentines Day, Green scored a goal in eight consecutive games, setting the NHL record for most consecutive games scoring by … Continue reading