Search NoVa Caps Site
- Vitek Vanecek Wins MVP Of 2020 AHL All-Star Challenge
- Capitals Hold Off Habs, 4-2; Jakub Vrana Scores Seventh In Eight Games
- Montreal Canadiens Pay Tribute to NBA Legend Kobe Bryant and Daughter Gianna During Star-Spangled Banner Before Game Against Capitals
- Boyder Back in Business: Travis Boyd Scores in First Game In Nearly A Month
- A Look at Potential Trade Deadline Acquisitions For The Washington Capitals
- Capitals Have Third-Most Favorable Schedule During Stretch Run
- Reader’s Opinion: It’s Time To Bring The NHL All-Star Game Back To Washington D.C.
- Richard Panik To Take Suspended Alex Ovechkin’s Spot On Top-Line, Tom Wilson Gets Crack On PP1, Travis Boyd Draws In: Capitals at Canadiens Pregame Notebook
- The Streak: A Look Back at the Capitals’ Historic Winning Streak 10 Years Later – Part 2
- Washington at Montreal Preview: Capitals Clash With Canadiens At Bell Centre
Tag Archives: Defense
How Is The Radko Gudas-Matt Niskanen Trade Looking For The Capitals And Flyers Halfway Through The Season?
As the halfway point of the season came this week, it is time to look at the Washington Capitals‘ biggest change of the offseason, which came on June 14 when they traded defenseman Matt Niskanen to the Philadelphia Flyers in … Continue reading
Patrick McDermott/NHLI via Getty Images When the Capitals signed him to a one-year, $700,000 deal in free agency in July, left wing Brendan Leipsic’s role on the team was to provide some grittiness and secondary scoring to a revamped fourth-line, … Continue reading
Photo: Zimbio Some more tough news came out of Pittsburgh on Sunday morning as the Pittsburgh Penguins announced that defenseman Brian Dumoulin will be out at least two months after he had surgery to repair lacerated tendons in his left … Continue reading
Photo: NHL Via Getty Images The Washington Capitals have been the cream of the crop when it comes to filling the net this season, as their 87 goals lead the NHL. While they’ve had no problem scoring, four players — … Continue reading
Photo: Hockey Troll The Carolina Hurricanes announced on Friday that they have signed unrestricted free agent defenseman Jake Gardiner to a four-year contract, which will carry a cap hit of $4.05 million. Gardiner was the one of the best unrestricted … Continue reading
Photo: Fear The Fin After the Washington Capitals sent forward Andre Burakovsky to the Colorado Avalanche in exchange for second and third-round picks in 2020 and the rights to forward Scott Kosmachuk on Friday afternoon, they have some cap space … Continue reading
Photo: Broad Street Hockey The Washington Capitals cleared some much-needed cap space when they traded defenseman Matt Niskanen to the Philadelphia Flyers in exchange for defenseman Radko Gudas on Friday morning. He enters the 2019-20 season on the last year of … Continue reading
Photo: Sporting News When the Washington Capitals acquired defenseman Michal Kempny from the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for a third-round pick in the upcoming draft on February 19, 2018, it was considered a minor move around the NHL.
Photo: LA Kings Insider The Washington Capitals need more cap space in order to re-sign their restricted free agents, most notably forward Jakub Vrana, and get more active on the unrestricted free agent market than they have as of recent years. … Continue reading