Search NoVa Caps Site
- Capitals Fall To Penguins, 4-3 In Shootout; Alex Ovechkin Scores First Goal Of The Season
- NHL Moves Capitals-Sabres Game On Sunday To 3 PM ET
- He’s Still Got It: Alex Ovechkin Scores First Goal of the 2020-21 Season, 707th Career Goal Against Penguins
- Daniel Sprong To Make Capitals’ Debut vs. Penguins, Conor Sheary Scratched Against Former Team; Ilya Samsonov In Net
- Washington at Pittsburgh Series Preview: Capitals Continue Road Trip vs. Penguins
- Islanders’ Semyon Varlamov Leaves Pregame Skate vs. Rangers After Taking Shot In Throat, Does Not Play
- The Goal: Retro Recap – Washington Capitals at Phoenix Coyotes – January 16, 2006
- Capitals’ Vitek Vanecek on NHL Debut, 2-1 Victory Over Sabres: “The Dream Came True”
- Vitek Vanecek Wins In NHL Debut, 2-1; Czech Mate Jakub Vrana Scores Second Goal In First Two Games
- Capitals’ Head Coach Peter Laviolette Says Connor McMichael Will Join The Team Following Quarantine
Tag Archives: COVID-19
Photo: Bruce Bennett/Getty Images According to ESPN’s Emily Kaplan, the 2020-21 NHL regular season will be no longer than 48 games for each team, the same number each team played during the 2012-13 lockout season.
Photo: Vasterviks IK The NHL has tentatively planned to start the 2020-21 season on January 1, 2021 and play a full 82-game season. However, the COVID-19 pandemic has caused schedule adjustments to all hockey leagues around the world, including the … Continue reading
Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia has become the first sports venue to utilize drones to clean and sanitize the stadium. The disinfecting drones not only help cover the large area, but also in a much quicker time and less labor-intensive process.
Photo: Matt Hiscox Ontario’s Minister of Heritage, Sport, Tourism and Culture Industries announced this week that body contact may not be permitted in 2020-2021.
Inch by inch the sporting world is slowly starting to see fans return to the stands. Pennsylvania officials got their first update in months on Tuesday when Gov. Tom Wolf altered limits on gatherings that had previously restricted indoor facilities … Continue reading
Photo: Bleacher Report As COVID-19 cases across North America are on the rise again due to the change of temperature, the Edmonton Oilers announced on Monday night that captain Connor McDavid, who led the NHL in points in three consecutive … Continue reading
The QMJHL has voted to change their rules for fighting in order to receive $20 million in pandemic relief funds from the Quebec Government. Representatives from the league’s 18 teams in Quebec and the Maritimes voted on the new rules … Continue reading
Report: NHL Has Reached Out To Tampa Bay Lightning Regarding Questionable Stanley Cup Celebrations During COVID-19 Pandemic
TSN hockey insider Darren Dreger joined host Gino Reda on TSN’s ‘Insider Trading’ on Thursday night. Dreger noted on the show that the NHL was concerned about the championship celebrations held by the Tampa Bay Lightning this week, and that … Continue reading
The KHL Season Is Quickly Deteriorating Due To COVID-19; Should The Capitals Prospects Exit From The League?
The KHL season is rapidly falling apart. Just three weeks into the season COVID-19 is wrecking havoc on the league, with many players testing positive, the better part of three full teams in quarantine and 13 games postponed… so far. … Continue reading
Photo: Salavat Yulaev Ufa The head coach of Salavat Yulaev Ufa, Tomi Lamsa, and two of the team’s players – Markus Granlund and Danil Bashkirov – have tested positive for COVID-19. You may recall that Washington Capitals’ defensive prospect Alex … Continue reading