Search NoVa Caps Site
- Hurricanes’ Head Coach Rod Brind’Amour Fined $25,000 For Calling Officiating “A Joke”
- Postgame Analytics: Isles Dominate at Even Strength, Down Caps 4-2 in Game 1
- Two for T.J: Capitals’ T.J. Oshie Scores Two Power-Play Goals in Game 1 Vs. Islanders; Second Straight Game With a Goal
- T.J. Oshie Strikes Twice On The Power-Play, But Islanders Score Four Unanswered To Take Game 1, 4-2 Over Capitals
- Capitals’ Nicklas Backstrom Will Not Return for Game 1 Vs. Islanders After Hit From Anders Lee
- Capitals’ Tom Wilson Drops Gloves With Islanders’ Anders Lee in Physical First Period
- John Carlson On the Ice for Capitals’ Warmups; Will Play In Game 1 Vs. Islanders
- Penguins Begin Making Changes, Will Not Renew Coaching Contracts For Sergei Gonchar, Jacques Martin and Mark Recchi
- Brayden Point Nets Game-Winning Goal For Lightning 10:27 Into Fifth Overtime Of Game 1 vs. Blue Jackets
- Washington Capitals’ Ilya Kovalchuk: “We’re All Ready. It’s Going To Be A Long And Tough Road”
Tag Archives: COVID-19
The NHL shared details of life inside the hub cities with players and team staff Thursday evening. Restaurants, activities, lounges, security setup, renderings of how arenas will look, the philosophy behind in-game presentation, new campaign intiatives and more were presented … Continue reading
After a day off on Tuesday, the Washington Capitals returned to work on Wednesday for their eighth day of training camp at MedStar Capitals Iceplex. The team will hold practices through Saturday before departing for Toronto on Sunday. The Capitals … Continue reading
Photo: nhl.com/capitals At a distance, it’s difficult to estimate the status of the 20-year-old defenseman. He is one of several young Capitals prospects looking to join a loaded Washington line-up and one of the favorites to win the Stanley Cup. … Continue reading
Capitals Hold Second Team Scrimmage; Alex Alexeyev Joins Practice, Ilya Samsonov Still A No Show: Day 7 Of Capitals Training Camp
Photo: @Capitals We’re getting closer. The Washington Capitals were back to work on Monday for day 7 of their 2020 summer training camp. The team will be off on Tuesday, then hold practices through Saturday before departing for Toronto on … Continue reading
Bob DeChiara-USA TODAY Sports NEW YORK (July 20, 2020) – The National Hockey League today announced a schedule change for two games in the Eastern Conference Round Robin of the 2020 Stanley Cup Qualifiers:
Photo: Boston Landing The NHL announced on Monday that two players out of more than 800 tested for COVID-19 since training camps opened on July 13 have tested positive for the virus. A total of 2618 tests have been given.
Photo: YouTube Six NHL players have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past week, including one not in phase two protocol, the league announced on Monday as it transitioned to phase three (training camps) of the return-to-play plan. 4934 players … Continue reading
NHL commissioner Gary Bettman was a guest on CNN early this afternoon to discuss the return of hockey. Bettman discussed the league’s established protocols and evaluation metrics with regards to testing for COVID-19.
Penguins Elect To Sit Nine Players On First Day of Training Camp Due To Potential Exposure To COVID-19
According to an official announcement from the Pittsburgh Penguins via their social media platforms, the team has elected to sit nine players due to risks associated with potential exposure to COVID-19.
Photo: Provencher Roy According to The Athletic’s Arpon Basu, sources have said “at least three” Montreal Canadiens players have tested positive for COVID-19 on the eve of training camp.