Search NoVa Caps Site
- Alex Ovechkin Comments on George Floyd’s Murder: “It Is So Important For Us To Respect and Love Each Other No Matter What We Look Like!!!”
- Assistant Reid Cashman Named Dartmouth Head Coach, But Will Stay With Capitals For Rest Of Season
- Looking At The Salary Cap Breakdown Of Past Stanley Cup Champions: How Do This Season’s Capitals Compare?
- Alex Ovechkin & Wife Nastya Celebrate Children’s Day
- Martin Fehérváry: “I Had a Beautiful Relationship With My Mother. When She Died, Hockey Helped Me”
- NHL Players Demand Change & Speak Out Against Racism
- Washington Capitals Fourth Quarter Review: 2019-20 Season
- New Sportsbook Business ‘Handle19’ Forges Ahead With Plans To Open In DC This Fall, Despite COVID-19 Pandemic
- Report: NHL Teams Preparing To Start Phase Two Late Next Week
- How Will NHL Officiating Be Impacted Without Fans In Attendance?
Tag Archives: COVID-19
Believe it or not, NHL officials are human. Sometimes it’s hard to believe, but in the end, it’s true. They respond and react to social pressures in the same manner you and I do. Years of data have proven that … Continue reading
Martin Fehervary Will Travel to Prague Next Week to Train With Jakub Vrana, Will Be Capitals 7th or 8th Defenseman When Play Resumes
Capitals top defensive prospect Martin Fehervary is preparing for the resumption of the 2019-2020 NHL season. In an interview with SME Sport on Friday, he confirmed he will be reporting to Washington as the seventh or eighth defenseman when players … Continue reading
Canadian Cities Make Plea to Canadian Prime Minister to Relax Travel Restrictions For NHL’s Hub City Requirements
GOVERNMENT OF ALBERT PHOTO Alberta Premier Jason Kenney has asked Canada’s prime minister Justin Trudeau to relax coronavirus-related travel restrictions in order to bolster Edmonton’s chances of becoming an NHL hub city.
On Tuesday the NHL presented their initial framework for the return to play and their plan for completion of the 2019-2020 season. The top four teams from each conference (based on points percentage) will advance to the playoffs, while the … Continue reading
While it was only seven games, Ilya Kovalchuk is feeling “it” in Washington. The Capitals trade-deadline acquisition is enjoying his time with the team, but even more important to the 37-year-old, at this stage of his career, he feels they … Continue reading
2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs Set With 24 Teams, Including 16-Team Play-In Round; Capitals Get Play-In Bye
Photo: NHL.com NHL commissioner Gary Bettman announced on Tuesday that the 2019-20 regular-season is done and that the Stanley Cup Playoffs will begin with 24 teams, which he believes is the fairest format. He emphasized that health and safety of … Continue reading
NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman to Make Formal Announcement at 4:30 PM ET on Return to Play Plan for 2019-20 NHL Season
Photo: Charles LeClaire-USA TODAY Sports NEW YORK (May 26, 2020) – National Hockey League Commissioner Gary Bettman will make an announcement today at 4:30 p.m. ET regarding the Return to Play Plan for the 2019-20 NHL season.
Photo: Hans Pennink New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said during a press conference at Jones Beach Theater in Wantagh that as of Sunday, professional sports leagues can begin holding training camps in New York, as leagues work on their plans … Continue reading
Friday afternoon acting U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security Chad F. Wolf signed an order that exempts certain foreign professional athletes who compete in professional sporting events organized by certain leagues, including their essential staff and their dependents, from proclamations barring … Continue reading
When the NHL re-fires the engines for the 2019-2020 season sometime later this summer, it will be inside of empty arenas. However, at some point down the road, fans will be allowed back, in some form or fashion, we just … Continue reading