Search NoVa Caps Site
- If the Stanley Cup Playoffs Began Today, Which Teams Would Be the Favorites To Win?
- Barry Trotz Reflects on Time Spent Coaching Alex Ovechkin
- The Complete 2018 Washington Capitals Stanley Cup Itinerary: First Draft
- Aliaksei Protas: Annual Review and Forecast – 2019-2020 Season
- A Look Back at the Capitals Season-Ending, Playoff-Clinching Winning Streak of 2007-2008
- Mitchell Gibson: Annual Review and Forecast – 2019-2020 Season
- Interview with “The Viper”, Aliaksei Protas
- Four Additional Members of the Ottawa Senators Organization Tested Positive for Coronavirus
- Capitals’ Nicklas Backstrom Discusses New Baby Girl, Alizee, the NHL Pause, & the Possibility of Summer Playoff Hockey
- NHL and NHLPA Each Discussing Possibility of New CBA Now
Tag Archives: COVID-19
You may recall that last week we posted a story from TSN’s Elliotte Friedman, which centered on his speculation that a new Collective Bargaining Agreement might be something that’s considered as a means of dealing with financial issues related to … Continue reading
Rental Depreciation: Should There Be Compensation For Teams That Acquired “Rentals” at the Trade Deadline if the Remainder of the Season is Cancelled?
One of the many questions currently swirling around front offices of NHL teams centers on the deals made at the recent trade deadline (on or just before March 23rd), and more specifically, teams that dealt assets to acquire “rental” players. … Continue reading
Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly is hopeful that the NHL can complete the 2019-20 regular season and playoffs with a “bigger window” for games now available for this summer, and still play a full schedule … Continue reading
Bauer Hockey Transitions From Making Hockey Equipment To Medical Shields In Response to COVID-19 Pandemic
Photos: Bauer MONTREAL – Because it no longer has professional hockey players to protect for the time being, the Bauer company has decided to protect doctors, nurses and first responders against COVID-19. In an interview with RDS.ca, Dan Bourgeois, Vice … Continue reading
Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman joined the “Tim and Sid show” on Sportsnet 590 Tuesday afternoon to discuss the current state of the NHL. Topics included the current salary cap issues for next season, including the players likely loss of significant money … Continue reading
Photo: NHL Monday morning NHL Public Relations provided an updated Q&A to reflect recent developments during the pause in play. We will provide regular updates to this Q&A as information changes.
An article by Larry Brooks in Saturday’s New York Post is reporting that the NHLPA held a membership-wide conference call on Friday in which the players essentially decided to defer a decision on how to handle upcoming crushing escrow losses until … Continue reading
Photo: Senators website The Ottawa Senators announced that another one of their players have tested positive for the coronavirus after they became the first time to announce a positive test from a player on Wednesday. The player did travel on … Continue reading
Graphic: GamblingSites.org We’ve said it before, but it bears repeating. If there is a gambler that wants to place a bet on something, there is a Vegas oddsmaker that will set a line for it. And that includes the return … Continue reading
Photo by Andre Ringuette/NHLI via Getty Images Late Tuesday night the Ottawa Senators confirmed that they had a player test positive for the COVID-19 virus – the first confirmed positive test for an NHL player. The Athletic’s James Mirtle subsequently … Continue reading