Search NoVa Caps Site
- Manning the Pipes: Who Should Start in Goal For The Washington Capitals?
- NHL’s Participation in 2022, 2026 Olympics is On the Table in Proposed CBA Discussions
- Hershey Bears Sign College Free Agent Will Graber
- Report: Edmonton, Toronto Awarded Two Hub Cities For 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs Barring Any “Last-Minute Complications”
- How Will NHL Playoff Games Look and Sound on Television?
- Braden Holtby Returns To ‘Tattoo Paradise’ For New Ink
- Report: Both Hub Cities For 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs Likely To Be In Canada
- Ranking The Most Favorable First-Round Matchups For The Capitals
- Vegas Odds For Who Will Be the Eastern Conference’s Top Seed
- Who’s That in the Stands? European, Australian Sports Leagues Use Cardboard Cutouts to Recreate Fan Experience
Tag Archives: Coronavirus
The Washington Capitals had four players on the ice at MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the team’s practice facility in Arlington, Virginia, for their start of the NHL’s return to play plan’s phase two on Thursday morning.
The NHL and players’ association agreed that mini-training camps for the 24 teams that will compete for the Stanley Cup can begin on July 10, the league’s public relations department announced on Thursday morning. The start of the 2020 Stanley … Continue reading
The Washington Capitals announced on Wednesday that they will begin small group skates at MedStar Capitals Iceplex in Arlington, Virginia, starting phase two of returning to play. No more than six players can take the ice at a time but … Continue reading
Photo: DK Pittsburgh Sports The Pittsburgh Penguins announced on Thursday afternoon that one of their players has tested positive for the coronavirus. This is at least the fifth positive test from an NHL player with at least two players from … Continue reading
The Sportsnet crew reiterated that the NHL’s phase three (mini-training camps) will not start before July 10 and that phase two (small group skates and workouts), which teams are preparing to begin late next week, will not be mandatory.
Photo: Kirk Irwin/Getty Images Tuesday afternoon, NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman announced the Return to Play Plan, which concludes the 2019-20 regular season and focuses on the phases and formats for the postseason. Bettman highlighted the importance of the health and … Continue reading
2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs Set With 24 Teams, Including 16-Team Play-In Round; Capitals Get Play-In Bye
Photo: NHL.com NHL commissioner Gary Bettman announced on Tuesday that the 2019-20 regular-season is done and that the Stanley Cup Playoffs will begin with 24 teams, which he believes is the fairest format. He emphasized that health and safety of … Continue reading
Photo: Michael Brochstein/Barcroft Media via Getty Images New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy announced Tuesday morning that sports teams in the state will be able to begin training camps effective today. The news comes two days after New York Governor Andrew … Continue reading
The NHL will allow players to use team facilities in early June, according to The Fourth Period’s David Pagnotta. The exact date players can begin is still to be determined. This would start the NHL’s phase two towards resuming the … Continue reading
Photo: Adrian Wyld/The Canadian Press According to the Ottawa Sun‘s Ken Warren, Senators skaters and local NHL players are allowed to resume skating at a private rink in Ottawa. It is the first time players are back on the ice … Continue reading