Search NoVa Caps Site
- Could The Capitals Deal A Defenseman Next Offseason?
- Michal Kempny and David Pastrnak Take In Tennis Match in Prague On Wednesday
- Decision on Hub City Locations For 2020 Playoffs Will Be Made In Three Weeks
- Former Washington Capitals Winger Dmitrij Jaskin Is Now The Second Highest Paid Player in KHL: Salaries For Top KHL Players
- A Look At Braden Holtby’s Starts To Seasons: Is There A Reason For Concern When Capitals’ Season Resumes?
- Capitals’ John Carlson: “Whoever Wins Is Certainly Not Going To Say There’s Some Asterisk Next To The Championship”
- Alex Ovechkin Comments on George Floyd’s Murder: “It Is So Important For Us To Respect and Love Each Other No Matter What We Look Like!!!”
- Assistant Reid Cashman Named Dartmouth Head Coach, But Will Stay With Capitals For Rest Of Season
- Looking At The Salary Cap Breakdown Of Past Stanley Cup Champions: How Do This Season’s Capitals Compare?
- Alex Ovechkin & Wife Nastya Celebrate Children’s Day
Tag Archives: Coronavirus
The Sportsnet crew reiterated that the NHL’s phase three (mini-training camps) will not start before July 10 and that phase two (small group skates and workouts), which teams are preparing to begin late next week, will not be mandatory.
Photo: Kirk Irwin/Getty Images Tuesday afternoon, NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman announced the Return to Play Plan, which concludes the 2019-20 regular season and focuses on the phases and formats for the postseason. Bettman highlighted the importance of the health and … Continue reading
2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs Set With 24 Teams, Including 16-Team Play-In Round; Capitals Get Play-In Bye
Photo: NHL.com NHL commissioner Gary Bettman announced on Tuesday that the 2019-20 regular-season is done and that the Stanley Cup Playoffs will begin with 24 teams, which he believes is the fairest format. He emphasized that health and safety of … Continue reading
Photo: Michael Brochstein/Barcroft Media via Getty Images New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy announced Tuesday morning that sports teams in the state will be able to begin training camps effective today. The news comes two days after New York Governor Andrew … Continue reading
The NHL will allow players to use team facilities in early June, according to The Fourth Period’s David Pagnotta. The exact date players can begin is still to be determined. This would start the NHL’s phase two towards resuming the … Continue reading
Photo: Adrian Wyld/The Canadian Press According to the Ottawa Sun‘s Ken Warren, Senators skaters and local NHL players are allowed to resume skating at a private rink in Ottawa. It is the first time players are back on the ice … Continue reading
California Gov. Gavin Newsom Indicates State Could See Pro Sports Returning by First Week of June Without Fans
Photo: Bill Alkofer/OCR California Governor Gavin Newsom indicated on Monday that professional sporting events could return within the state as soon as the first week of June but without fans. The news comes as a surprise as the governor originally … Continue reading
Warren Richmond-Kalaci, 13-Year-Old Toronto Hockey Goalie, Creates Face Shields Using 3D Printer For Frontline Healthcare Workers
In the midst of the Coronavirus pandemic and a major mask shortage, everyone is finding fabric to make masks and face coverings for themselves, their family, and frontline healthcare workers. However, 13-year-old Warren Richmond-Kalaci found another way to help prevent … Continue reading
NHL Optimistic That Extended United States-Canada Border Closure Won’t Push Season Restart Back Any Later
Photo: CTV News Despite the border between the United States and Canada’s closure to non-essential travel being extended through June 21, the NHL is still “hopeful” that it won’t “materially affect the resumption of play timelines we are currently contemplating,” … Continue reading
Photo: MSE The Washington Capitals, Wizards, and Mystics unveiled new limited-edition T-shirt designs on Wednesday in conjunction with Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE) Foundation’s “Feeding the Frontlines” fund to provide meals to heroes in the medical community.